Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matthew Slater recovery time from wrist fracture: 4-6 weeks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Matthew Slater recovery time from wrist fracture: 4-6 weeks Reply with quote

Quote:
Special teams captain Mathew Slater has a wrist fracture, a source confirms

https://twitter.com/kguregian/status/379751744043229184

Quote:
According to a source, look for Matthew Slater to be out 4-to-6 weeks with wrist injury

https://twitter.com/kguregian/status/379782638716084224

Tom Brady Tribute
VTPatsFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone must have kicked over an injury bug hive and now the entire team is getting bitten.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VTPatsFan wrote:
Someone must have kicked over an injury bug hive and now the entire team is getting bitten.

And just a month ago it seemed like the team was having a (rare) nice string of health. Through 2 weeks of the pre-season they seemed healthier than just about any other team.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
VTPatsFan wrote:

And just a month ago it seemed like the team was having a (rare) nice string of health. Through 2 weeks of the pre-season they seemed healthier than just about any other team.

I blame Tim Tebow.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
VTPatsFan wrote:

Yea, I thought it was a little too good to be true when the season started. While it seemed like all the other teams around us were getting injured left and right throughout the pre-season, we went through without a hitch.

This sucks. Pats honestly just need to focus on getting healthy and playing smart football. I'd say having the receivers progress, staying healthy, and winning division games until we get everyone back are the most important things right now. I honestly couldn't care less what record we end up with at the end of the season, as long as we're 1st in the AFCE.

We may be getting Gronk back soon, but if as of now our #1 WR also isn't known for being the most durable guy either.

One more injury to this receiving core and the Pats will have to pick someone else up IMO.

Last edited by Pats#1 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Pats#1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VTPatsFan wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
VTPatsFan wrote:

I blame Tim Tebow.

HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A TEBOW SCORNED

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
VTPatsFan wrote:

Yea, I thought it was a little too good to be true when the season started. While it seemed like all the other teams around us were getting injured left and right throughout the pre-season, we went through without a hitch.

This sucks. Pats honestly just need to focus on getting healthy and playing smart football. I'd say having the receivers progress, staying healthy, and winning division games until we get everyone back are the most important things right now. I honestly could care less what record we end up with at the end of the season, as long as we're 1st in the AFCE.

We may be getting Gronk back soon, but if as of now our #1 WR also isn't known for being the most durable guy either.

One more injury to this receiving core and the Pats will have to pick someone else up IMO.

You said it, they just need to play smart football. Unfortunately Josh McDaniels is our offensive coordinator.

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
patsfan06

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the someone who doesn't have to handle the ball, why is he gonna miss time?

Since when do they just not slap a cast on a broken wrist and send guys out there? Heck that is how we did it in my high school.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan06 wrote:
As the someone who doesn't have to handle the ball, why is he gonna miss time?

Since when do they just not slap a cast on a broken wrist and send guys out there? Heck that is how we did it in my high school.

well he is expected to be an up man, in which he will need his hands free.

I do miss seeing guys like Bruschi out there with a big club, but who knows that might not be allowed anymore in the new player safety oriented CBA

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: