Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Good, Bad and Ugly vs GB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
The good news is we have 4-5 defensive players to cut when Jarvis and Jackson return after the bye. Hall is deadwood for one .
4 or 5 defensive players to cut when 2 defensive players are coming off suspension???

Umm, correct me if I'm wrong, but that math doesn't add up... Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
If we go to a 43 we lose at least 2, maybe 3, of our best players at this point.

We're not a 43 team anymore, accept it.
which ones?

The only guy I can think of is Bowen.

Orakpo and Kerrigan can play DE

Cofield was a 4-3 DE before coming here

Perry Riley is our WLB & Kiel

Fletcher & Barnett MLB
The problem is we don't have a SLB
kerrigan can play olb and have merling start or tapp or jenkins. Carriker played dt and confeld too so the 4-3 would benifit more imo.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
I'm gonna do the "must happen"

- we need to blitz more and press man to man.
I agree.

Quote:
- need to start merling
disagree, over who? Merling got to play some last game and didn't show much either but one bill rush from what i saw. I wouldn't be surprised if he's cut along with Gumbs, when Jenkins and Jackson returns

Quote:
-need to sign a ss or fs ....barcarri rambo sucks and is a late round pick...kerry rhodes I would love.
Rabo doesn't just outright suck, he's been pretty solid in coverage, he's struggled in tacking in the open field but gets better every game. On a good defense, your FS would be one of the lowest in tackle numbers. Last game, Doughty led the team in tackles, Rambo was one behind him. That's not a good thing.

Kerry Rhodes worked out for the giants yesterday. i agree, we should give him a look as well. he'd be an upgrade over Rambo currently. He could teach Rambo some stuff snd help develop Rambo for a year or two before we let him go. Heck, at this point i'd take OJ Atogwe or Madieu Williams, of they csn come in and give us the same coverage Rambo gives us with better tackling.

I wonder why Pugh hasn't gotten more of a chance at FS? Confused

Quote:
- need to start burnett or Kehl over london who is done.
I disagree here, we haven't faced a traditional offense yet who runs a regular running game. I can guarentee you, the coaches aren't even entertaining that thought. Fletcher is the defensive leader, benching him for two players who just got here is as bad as benching RG3 this week after you let him start the first two games of the season.

Fletcher will play better vs everyone else in the NFL And he will be better vs the Eagles in game two.

I would try to get Bryan Kehl in on more definite pass plays, the problem is that Fletcher makes all the calls though and with a rookie FS, having Fletch in the game is vital.

Quote:
- rg3 needs to gain confidence so I would love kirk I'm on the kirk bandwagon since last year and would love for him to start . But rg3- needs to stay he needs to learn how to be a much better pocket passer.
are you saying bench RG3 for Kirk right now?

That'd shatter RG3's confidence and his confidence in his coaches, no way that happens. I like Kirk, but he isn't replacing RG3.

Quote:
- this fred davis vs reed talk. ..griffin even last year couldn't connect with fred......idk if reed makes him more comfortable but if we went that direction than davis can be traded even though I say no.
It's almost a guarentee Fred can't be traded, he's on a one year deal, everyone knows he's a free agent after the season.

Fred led the team in receptions last year before he tore his achillies, so I disagree that griffin cousins find Davis last year. The problem Is that Griffin doesn't trust his knee enough tight now and usually Fred his is second or even third read, I really don't think it's Fred's fault as Griffin hasn't targeted him much.

When Jordan Reed comes in, they treat him more like a slot WR than a TE and he plays in garbage time, so that's why he has better stats than Fred.

Quote:
- we need to run the ball more......hankerson needs to stay as starter
I definitely agree with those! I will also say that we need to run the ball more so that we can use Aldrick Robinson's speed more regularly. If the run is successful, that means the deep passing game can be successful with Aldrick Robinson.

Quote:
- dhall is sucking again ..
don't say I didn't warn ya'll. we should have spent the $ we spent to get Biggers and re-sign Hall to sign Antoine Winfield- if we had our coverage and tackling would be much enter than it is currently. Winfield is solid in coverage and has been known as one of the best tackling DBs since he came into the NFL.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: