Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The unofficial Bengals offseason thread...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
theJ wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
According to ESPN, The #2WR Job might not be wrapped up yet. Sanu looks like hes 100 percent now and running fine, but Jones has outshined Sanu all camp, especially with his speed so far.

Finally Andy Dalton's camp so far has been "streaky" for the most part. Looked great the first couple of camps, but not so much after that. And the main reason for that is because hes forcing more throws in coverage lately. The only way Dalton can be judged though is how he does down the stretch of the season, since thats where he's struggled the most.

Sanu has always been better in games than in practice. It's why Binns and Tate started over him last season. I'm hoping the Bengals remember that and don't limit Sanu's snaps during the season. Dalton needs a big bodied receiver that can fight for the ball like Sanu. I'd rather have Sanu, Efiert and Green in the line up on important 3rd downs than Gresham, Efiert and Green...

Oh I agree, Sanu should be the one who needs to start when its all said done. But Jones is no slouch either IMO. Sanu will make more noise, but Jones will be very serviceable if anything happens.

I think they'll rotate. We as fans always like to think that one player will outshine the rest and get as many snaps as he can handle. Along the way he'll rack up 1000 yards and 8 TD's.

In reality, Marvin doesn't care about fantasy football and will split snaps between the two receivers as the #2. Much like last year, you'll see a lot of different personnel packages that move the receivers around and split the targets up. Sanu will play a lot, and so will Jones. There is no dedicated #2 on this team.

They might rotate at the start of the season, but I still expect Sanu to get more snaps when they try to even it out. If he starts to rise from the pack, he will be the guy.

I doubt we see Sanu on the outside unless we're at the goal line. But now i think that will be Eifert's job.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This injury news just came on, on which players will NOT be making the trip to atlanta on thursday for the game

FB Chris Pressley
WR A.J Green
WR Andrew Hawkins
WR Tyrone Goard
TE Alex Smith
OT Andrew Whitworth
OT Reid Fragel
DT Brandon Thompson
DT Larry Black

QB Zac Robinson and RB Bernard Scott are still on the PUP list right now, so no word when they will come off

Other players that were hurt recently but no word if they will be playing thursday

RB Giovani Bernard
WR Marvin Jones
TE Jermaine Gresham
DE Carlos Dunlap

Practice still hasnt ended yet today, so the news on which of those players practiced or not today will say if they are cleared or not for thursday

-----------

So in other news, Marvin Lewis said hes not sure if Andrew Hawkins will be ready for the season opener or not.

Tyler Eifert has been Andy Dalton's favorite target for the majority of training camp.

Josh Johnson has a big lead on the backup QB job right now over John Skelton.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw about 75 minutes of practice tonight on family fun night. Here are some thoughts on what I noticed:

The oline looked shaky. Fatty Smith looked pretty good though.

Burfict looks like he could have a huge season. He looks faster and was making quick reads every time.

Mo Sanu looked real nice in the slot

Gresham made some good catches.

Alex Smith stood out more to me than Tyler Eifert today. I just barely noticed him, but it is very possible my kids distracted me at the right moments.

Devon Still looked very quick and bigger than last year.

I think Burkhead is very clearly viewed as the #3 RB behind BJGE and Gio

Dre and Ghee stood out in secondary drills, Prater didn't.

Dalton didn't look to great, but he rarely had much time to throw. The oline worried me a lot more than Dalton.

Josh Johnson will be the #2 QB, he was head and shoulders better than Skelton.

Boom > Peerman in the special teams section today.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's for the update Duke. Gresham might finally be turning it around (of course on the way out)...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My man crush for Marvin Jones is still bubbling and I hope he gets the number 2 job and takes the league by storm. Im EXTREMELY high on the guy and think he can be dominant in this league.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody going to the springboro hs practice tonight?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Anybody going to the springboro hs practice tonight?

I thought about it, but they said they were expecting 10,000 so it's likely a mad house there at a mid sized high school stadium.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got back from practice, it really wasn't too crowded, probably around 5,000 or so, if that...

some observations:

Gresham and Eifert continue to look good, made some really good catches.

Sanzenbacher had a few nice catches and really looks fast in person

Josh Johnson really didn't look that great at practice, Skelton looked much more polished, Skelton was practicing with the 2s, Johnson with the 3's (for the most part)

Gio, Herron, and Burkhead looked good running the ball today.

McCaleb had a few nice breakups in coverage

Burfict and Lamur were playing a lot in nickel coverage. they are playing fast and look like they aren't hesitating at all

Brandon Tate dropped a bunch of balls, Sanu had a bad drop

Hunt is so big, he's a monster, Shawn Williams was practicing with the 1s today.

There wasn't much pass rush in practice today, so it was hard to gauge the dline and oline performance.

and finally....

the players were great staying after signing autographs. I got pictures with Margus Hunt, Leon Hall, and Tyler Eifert.

I got autographs from Geno Atkins, Jermaine Gresham, Tyler Eifert, Leon Hall, Margus Hunt, Rex Burkhead, Giovani Bernard, Shawn Williams, Taylor Mays, Reggie Nelson, Dre Kirkpatrick, and BenJarvus Green-Ellis

feels really good to be a Bengals fan Cool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post

Last edited by johndeere1707 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome. Thanks for the update John

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow the E:60 with AJ Green was amazing!

AJ Green has had so much tragedy in his life and difficulties in his life.

Loses his brother when he was around 5, loses a friend his high school basketball coach who was a firefighter who helped him and his fellow classmates to a bad fire, and he had all of it shape him into a better person, when you can use it to ruin a life.

The one thing I love the most was he had a Learning disability that made it hard for him to read and learn and forced him to repeat 2 grades. I find that very personal since I am a special ed teacher and work with kids with LDs.

God I hate you guys so much for drafting him right before the Browns! lol I dont love it that I have Dalton and Green leading my fantasy football team in my small fantasy football league!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: