Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your Least favorite player on the Lions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
LMAO @ contact drops. TL inventing stats to try and save face.

It didn't work.

This is the NFL, defenders are good. Most catches are contact catches too. Laughing

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. Here are some numbers.

Right now, Pettigrew has the same catch rate (50%) as Tony Gonzalez, Kyle Rudolph, Jared Cook and Fred Davis. Forum consensus: I just listed a bunch of worthless receivers.

Or, here are some more stats: right now, the Detroit Lions' run-blocking ranks 12th running off of left end, and 2nd running off of right end, the two areas that are most impacted by tight end blocking. Our most impressive run stat is off of left tackle, where we rank 1st in the NFL. (Reiff is a beast.) Lastly, Brandon Pettigrew had 2 penalties all last season.

Worthless. Cut outright. Liability. Yes, I call those exaggerations.

Team Stylish
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:

It didn't work.

Sorry to disappoint... it's not really my terminology:
Jim Schwartz wrote:
"The tight ends, there's always going to be contact, and a lot of those balls, there was contact," coach Jim Schwartz said.

There's a difference between getting hit by a linebacker immediately after the ball arrives, and just catching a pass off a slant route. A big difference. Of course, PFF didn't say it, so...

Team Stylish
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what's adorable? I haven't heard Joique Bell get criticized this week, despite the fact that he dropped 3 passes of his own (1 more than Pettigrew).

Team Stylish
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

Right now, Pettigrew has the same catch rate (50%) as Tony Gonzalez, Kyle Rudolph, Jared Cook and Fred Davis. Forum consensus: I just listed a bunch of worthless receivers.

Or, here are some more stats: right now, the Detroit Lions' run-blocking ranks 12th running off of left end, and 2nd running off of right end, the two areas that are most impacted by tight end blocking. Our most impressive run stat is off of left tackle, where we rank 1st in the NFL. (Reiff is a beast.) Lastly, Brandon Pettigrew had 2 penalties all last season.

Once again, it's funny that you call PFF's rankings poor because of lack of context, then give credit to Pettigrew for our tackles blocking when he may or may not have been there to help, or maybe our running backs made a play in spite of his blocking, or any number of things that could have happened.

Liability is not an exaggeration at all. Liability is a perfect way to describe Pettigrew.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:

It didn't work.

I wonder what Stafford pressured incomp % is. Or Suh double team missed tackle %

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

Once again, it's funny that you call PFF's rankings poor because of lack of context, then give credit to Pettigrew for our tackles blocking when he may or may not have been there to help, or maybe our running backs made a play in spite of his blocking, or any number of things that could have happened.

Liability is not an exaggeration at all. Liability is a perfect way to describe Pettigrew.

Of course other things could have happened. Hasn't that been my point all along? That stats without context are useless? PFF is even worse in that regard because they actually add opinion into the equation and try to rank the players.

I have given my opinion time and time again. You asked for stats. I posted stats. Now you're pointing out that stats alone lack context? Why did you ask for stats if you were just going to dismiss them? Why didn't you see that you just argued what I've been saying for pages?

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: