Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers [1-1] @ Eagles [1-1] **POST GAME THREAD**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can Chip be undefeated forever?
Yes
26%
 26%  [ 7 ]
No
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Butterflies is still super nice
42%
 42%  [ 11 ]
Phire & Nabbs almost cursed us forcing us to leave GDT 1...
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Meow
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 26

Poloc2289

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What worries me, as has been mentioned before, is our lack of safety talent. I like Wolff but he's just not ready. Nate Allen is deplorable. Why we haven't kicked the tires on Kerry Rhodes, or anyone has for that matter, is beyond me

I also think this team needs that one athletic freak of a pass rusher. Obviously every team wants a Cameron Wake or Aldon Smith and I feel like the Eagles are no exception. I like what Cole has done but I want someone who can be counted on for at least one sack and collapse the pocket. I don't think Chip was bluffing with his interest in Dion Jordan leading up to the draft

PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
I don't think Chip was bluffing with his interest in Dion Jordan leading up to the draft

I think he was the #1 target in the draft. But OL have a smaller bust rate.
Edit: Smaller is a terrible word to use... You get the point

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
From Tommy Lawlor:
Quote:
Mychal Kendricks played poorly yesterday, unless he was trying to win a bet about who would miss the most tackles. Bad game.

Can't stress this enough honestly. Kendricks simply can't play that way. A MLB has to be able to deliver hits and make tackles. If he doesn't start doing that soon, his athletic abilities will go to waste. Tackling is the most important part of being a LB, get it together Kendricks!

Considering he was one of the best players on the field in the first game, I'm not too worried.

Our defense as a whole was putrid yesterday, singling one guy out is silly.

If this was a one time thing I would agree, but we saw this all year last year and during the preseason too. This isn't a new thing, it is a recurring issue.

And based on last year, it is also a recurring issue that our d-line can't get a pass rush, our CBs can't cover, and our safeties are awful. Our LBs are the one strong point to this defense. Kendricks is still growing and learning but he is going to make mistakes. Nate Allen stood out to me the most in a bad way but again, our defense as a whole was awful which makes it easy to point the finger at just about anyone.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:

And based on last year, it is also a recurring issue that our d-line can't get a pass rush, our CBs can't cover, and our safeties are awful. Our LBs are the one strong point to this defense. Kendricks is still growing and learning but he is going to make mistakes. Nate Allen stood out to me the most in a bad way but again, our defense as a whole was awful which makes it easy to point the finger at just about anyone.

So what your saying is cause everyone was bad I shouldn't point out individual failures? Honestly, I pimped Kendricks out this offseason saying I thought he would be the X-Factor to our D. If he underperforms in that dramatic of a fashion, I feel like I am justified in calling him out. I didn't say he was doomed, just that he needs to learn how to tackle. I don't see how that is "silly" in any way considering that he was an awful tackler this last game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

So what your saying is cause everyone was bad I shouldn't point out individual failures? Honestly, I pimped Kendricks out this offseason saying I thought he would be the X-Factor to our D. If he underperforms in that dramatic of a fashion, I feel like I am justified in calling him out. I didn't say he was doomed, just that he needs to learn how to tackle. I don't see how that is "silly" in any way considering that he was an awful tackler this last game.

No, it's all well and fine but it is harder to make tackles when you have to shed blockers and the RB hits the hole with a full head of steam each carry. Our d-line played awful yesterday. Missed tackles and bad angles certainly didn't help, but it all starts up front and we got beat up by a mediocre o-line. That part scares me a lot more than Kendricks.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

No, it's all well and fine but it is harder to make tackles when you have to shed blockers and the RB hits the hole with a full head of steam each carry. Our d-line played awful yesterday. Missed tackles and bad angles certainly didn't help, but it all starts up front and we got beat up by a mediocre o-line. That part scares me a lot more than Kendricks.

I didn't see the D-Line issues you saw. Early on in some running plays they had issues, but by the end of the game they were fine. The real issue with the D as a whole is clearly the DB's, but being a 2nd round pick I really wanted to see some solid play from Kendricks in the tackling department, and I am sad to say I haven't.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Phire wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Hockey, on the second point, I think last week we ran too much (well with Shady we did), this week we ran too little.

Hopefully against KC its just the right amount of touches.

But how much of that was a result of "run with the lead, pass with the deficit".

3 plays inside the 10 with 2 minutes left. 3 passes, including one wtih Nick Foles. Play calling was bad today in crunch time.

This and the fact that they didn't let the clock run to the 2 min warning and snapped the ball at like 2:07 or 2:03 were the big time management failures.

I was bummed out yesterday but Chip Kelly owning up to that being a mistake is HUGE. Maybe even sweeter than a victory in the long run

Think about it, it's Chip Kelly actually having humility to say that he made a mistake, which means there is a great chance that if Eagles are in that same situation in the future he may *gasp* do things different

That he won't in that aspect be the Andy Reid of "I'm smarter than everyone else" type of mindset

People may say "but isn't Chip trying to be a know it all with his offense?"

But he's really not. Because he's all about saying he's invented nothing new and that if you weren't there when the forward pass was put together, you borrowed from someone.

Chip strikes me as a humble guy that learns from his mistakes and of course we see the adjustments he can make in game. And he certainly is capable of making them from game to game

Now some may harp on the fact that he should have at least KNOWN that you can sub your QB back in the game, but at least he knows now and he has the guts to admit he didn't know
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd is wearing a neck brace:

Tom Brady Tribute
BBIB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Floyd is wearing a neck brace:

Definitely a scary moment.

But how bad is your defense that they gave up that many points WITHOUT Floyd? Then again Maybe Eddie Royal will end up being a huge surprise under McCoy and with Rivers and this performance won't look as bad
powderblues

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
But how bad is your defense that they gave up that many points WITHOUT Floyd? Then again Maybe Eddie Royal will end up being a huge surprise under McCoy and with Rivers and this performance won't look as bad

Its not so much their personnel as it is their scheme. I heard an Eagles LB said the coaching staff didn't even go over most of the routes that Gates was running. Thats on the defensive coaching staff. Our defense was just as bad, our scheme looked decent its just we lacked the talent to execute it properly.

Which is worse? I honestly think the Chargers are worse off defensively because no matter how well you scheme great players like DJax will torch you if you just simply don't have enough talent to match up with them. So the Eagles can at least fix their problems in a matter of weeks while we have to do it through the draft/free agency.
PHillysPHinest2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powderblues wrote:
BBIB wrote:

Its not so much their personnel as it is their scheme. I heard an Eagles LB said the coaching staff didn't even go over most of the routes that Gates was running. Thats on the defensive coaching staff. Our defense was just as bad, our scheme looked decent its just we lacked the talent to execute it properly.

Which is worse? I honestly think the Chargers are worse off defensively because no matter how well you scheme great players like DJax will torch you if you just simply don't have enough talent to match up with them. So the Eagles can at least fix their problems in a matter of weeks while we have to do it through the draft/free agency.

Geeeeze. That's bad. Billy Davis needs to step it up. The D got NO pressure last game. SD's Oline was supposed to be the weakest point and they completely owned the Eagle's pass rush. It was pathetic.

I really hope that Rex Ryan and Chip Kelly become best friends, Rex gets fired from the Jets and becomes Eagles' D coordinator. And is not allowed to talk to the media. Pipe dream but I'll toke some more of whatever I'm smoking Wink

Kiltman is the Ill(est) man
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick said "Doesn't get better than that" after the loss? wtf...
Tom Brady Tribute
powderblues

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Vick said "Doesn't get better than that" after the loss? wtf...

Probably taken out of context. Maybe he meant offensively that they did all they could do to win. Because I heard him say "Maybe we have to score 38".
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realized the Eagles scored 30pts, lost by 3 and only had the ball for 20 minutes of the 60? God what a pitiful performance by the defense.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56
Page 56 of 56

Jump to: