Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Needs Week 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Cap space.

Sorry after that kind of performance, and our level of competition, much else would be jumping the gun or nit picking. If pressed I'd second the call for a LG and TE. TE is gonna be huge for our team as currently constructed, and after one week it was a disappointment.

I'll tryand producea little projection sometime over the next week or so. May create a bit more clarity.
samsel23

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
I think with the game being a blowout, they decided to sit Kelce. Might as well let him heal up an extra week before you give him some action. If there's no need to use him then why use him?

Hope so because McGrath was terrible. I'm pretty sure most of us could have made his pass route near the goaline look more smooth (I'm not really kidding). I wonder if they view him as a potential Gafford replacement next year because he was horrible at TE.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
I'll tryand producea little projection sometime over the next week or so. May create a bit more clarity.

That would be awesome!

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First estimate:

Assuming a 2% rise in the cap limit the Chiefs are about 6-7 M$ OVER the 2014 cap - and that even leaves a bunch of open ends.

Jackson, Albert, Asamoah, Lewis NOT resigned.
Dead money NOT included.
Proven performance escalators NOT included (applicable to 4th year players who match certain benchmarks, Houston for sure, Bailey very likely).

The steep rise is mainly due to severely backloaded contracts: Bowe, Berry, the 2013 FA class, Succop, Colquitt to name a few.

Only relief comes from Hali, his contract drops significantly.

One positive factor left out: I took the 2013 draft pick contracts as reference, if the Chiefs end middle of the pack they may save about 2 - 2.5 M$.

Chip McCracken needs to get creative again. The Chiefs may be able to restructure a few more contracts/extend players thus shifting some money into the significantly richer 2015, but the space for manoeuvre will remain tight.

Last edited by KC_Guy on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I know that this isn't Madden (which consequently I hate that you can't re-work extend deals for people who have more than a year left but I digress).

I was shocked at our FA class, and how little money we had when it all played out. Short of someone like Hali retiring which I see as unlikely I don't see any way we resign more than one guy, and even that is going to take some re-working.

If I had to take a shot, Tyson, Albert and Lewis are gone for sure. I would guess we push for Asamoah, but if he shoots for say 7-9 million a year it's going to be really tough. Lewis possibly, but if he has a good year he'll want more than he's worth, my bias aside, he's injury prone to say the least. Tyson just doesn't produce so if he was super cheap, maybe. But I don't see the need for a pure 3-4 DE in our defense, and I think we can probably hit a solid player in the draft for less than Tyson will want.

If I'm John Dorsey I'm having some conversations with guys like Berry about an extension that pushes money out to the TV deal frame and gives us relief now. Even then I think it's likely some of our decent players are moving on.

I also think it's likely we simply cut Succop, he makes a lot for a kicker, and teams are always rotating kickers out. We'd have been better off using a pick this year for a kicker rather than Wilson at FB, but hindsight is 20/20.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Most important need:

a week 2 win ... Twisted Evil

Done ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: