Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CB and S [Quality & Depth]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vindicatedxx wrote:
So once again should we be looking to the draft as our first round pick should be a DB? I think CB/WR are 2 huge must going into the draft. I know WAY premature it's only week 2 but dang we have not much talent.

Baltimore won the SB last year with Cary Williams and Ladarius Webb at CB.. you don't need an elite CB to win in the NFL, you just need guys who can cover. Draft CB in round 2-4. QB is the priority, but if Teddy, Mariota, Hundley, and Boyd are all gone, you look at pass rusher in the first, or maybe a playmaker at Safety. CB's are more like RB's in that it is easy to find good ones.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webb was actually hurt during the Super Bowl. They had Cary Williams, Jimmy Smith, Corey Graham, and Chykie Brown.

That DB group >>>> our current unit.

Also you say that like Webb isn't good. Lardarius Webb is probably the best cornerback in the NFL right now. I do agree with your point though that you don't need to draft DB's early as Webb was a 3rd round pick.
stevec0008

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
Webb was actually hurt during the Super Bowl. They had Cary Williams, Jimmy Smith, Corey Graham, and Chykie Brown.

Also you say that like Webb isn't good. Lardarius Webb is probably the best cornerback in the NFL right now. I do agree with your point though that you don't need to draft DB's early as Webb was a 4th rounder.

Agree'd. Proper scouting + proper coaching + in right system...Sherman was a 5th rounder.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevec0008 wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:

Also you say that like Webb isn't good. Lardarius Webb is probably the best cornerback in the NFL right now. I do agree with your point though that you don't need to draft DB's early as Webb was a 4th rounder.

Agree'd. Proper scouting + proper coaching + in right system...Sherman was a 5th rounder.

Yep. The Ravens corners were an excellent example of that as Cary was undrafted, Webb was a 3rd round pick and Graham was a 5th round pick in Chicago and they all played better than the 1st round pick Jimmy Smith.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
stevec0008 wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:

Yep. The Ravens corners were an excellent example of that as Cary was undrafted, Webb was a 3rd round pick and Graham was a 5th round pick in Chicago and they all played better than the 1st round pick Jimmy Smith.

Cary Williams was a 7th round pick. And Jimmy Smith is a press Corner.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:
stevec0008 wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:

Ok 7th round pick. Doesn't change the fact that they all played better than Jimmy Smith.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:

Also you say that like Webb isn't good. Lardarius Webb is probably the best cornerback in the NFL right now. I do agree with your point though that you don't need to draft DB's early as Webb was a 3rd round pick.

Top 5? Sure. Top 3? You could make an argument. But I don't know how you could say he is better than Revis or Sherman, those two are on their own tier right now.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:
stevec0008 wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:

Ok 7th round pick. Doesn't change the fact that they all played better than Jimmy Smith.

Evan Mathis was drafted in the 3rd round he played better than Watkins.
I don't think Corner is our numero uno concern, but you can find good players at any position (beside QB) all over the draft

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:
stevec0008 wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:

Evan Mathis was drafted in the 3rd round he played better than Watkins.
I don't think Corner is our numero uno concern, but you can find good players at any position (beside QB) all over the draft

As true as this is, RB's and CB's are the easiest positions to draft late and find starters. Lots of quality CB's and RB's

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with RB's Disagree on Corners. If you want a top end Corner I think the smart thing is to draft it early.

MJIII

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was at the game on sunday... had it not been for cary williams THREE pass interference penalties we would have been in a much better place. two of them occurred on 3rd down if i recall correctly
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJIII wrote:
i was at the game on sunday... had it not been for cary williams THREE pass interference penalties we would have been in a much better place. two of them occurred on 3rd down if i recall correctly

Meh Rivers would've completed those pass anyways since our pass rush didn't come to play

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: