Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills week 1, post game evaluation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
DKTurtle51 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
DubiDo0 wrote:
My biggest qualm with the no huddle offense is it doesn't give our defense an adequate rest. The defense was out there a lot in the second half. It would've been nice to slow the pace, and allow them to get an extra 2-3 minutes of rest. It helps a lot, imo.

Also, everyone needs to chill with this..."We found our franchise QB" talk. I'm excited about EJ, but it's way too early to even think that. Memories of JP Losman's first game still haunts me. We all had a lot of faith in him as well, and look how that turned out...=/

ummm what?

Losman had one good year (which was his 3rd season in the league) and it wasn't even THAT good. His first game haunts you? I am assuming that is because it was so horrendous.

Manuel has better physical traits then Losman, he isn't a California beach boy and he is a very, very smart humble individual. He literally is the exact opposite in Losman so us fans have every right to be excited and say we have our franchise QB. Haters will always hate.
Fans have every right to say that. Just like fans had every right to say that about Losman. Just like fans had every right to say that about Edwards. Just like fans had every right to say that about Fitzpatrick.

Manuel had 150 yards passing. If that is enough for you to call him a franchise QB, you have every right. You'll have to excuse me for waiting on it.

I think we all agree that drops, fumbles, and a weak "hands to the face" penalty help skew Manuels stats.. Putting up a 105 QB Rating against a solid Pats defense while not making any mistakes in his first ever start has me convinced.

The Pats front 7 is just as good as the Panthers IMO so we should be able to hold our own.
Don't even know what to say to this. Didn't make any mistakes? Seriously? He had Woods open down the sideline, underthrew it and the Pats defender dropped an easy pick. He had Graham open over the top down the sideline but inexplicably tried a back shoulder throw. He put the ball on the wrong side of the receiver on Goodwin's fumble. He checked down on a 3rd and 11 while he had Graham singled up with a safety. Stevie's infamous drop was a ball with very poor placement.

No mistakes? Really? You don't play a mistake free game and put up 150 passing yards and 14 offensive points.

I forgot about the under thrown ball that was almost picked, other than that he was all good, the pass to Stevie was easily catch able and the placement looked good to me, and Goodwin's fumble wasn't a result of Manuel's pass.

He had us in contention to beat one of the better teams in his first start and showed the make up of a franchise QB.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't judge any game by the boxscore. I was at the game and have watched the coach's film multiple times. He wasn't good for the entire game but was very good for stretches. For his first NFL game, that's enough to keep me optimistic.

Look at the woods TD. He recognizes cover 2 with Talib in the short flat, uses his eyes to move the safety like a puppet, resets his feet calmly, and delivers an on target strike to a wide open Woods.

TommyC376^^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: