Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General News - Buc's Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramblinbuc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldson fined 30k for that hit?! Matthews fined 15k, am I a homer, or does this seem wrong?!

#iwastoldtherewouldbedefense #underthequotaformariota
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramblinbuc wrote:
Goldson fined 30k for that hit?! Matthews fined 15k, am I a homer, or does this seem wrong?!

I am a homer and it is wrong. But I assume Goldson has been fined before for helmet to helmet hits, so this isn't too surprising.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
ramblinbuc wrote:

I am a homer and it is wrong. But I assume Goldson has been fined before for helmet to helmet hits, so this isn't too surprising.

Agreed. I didn't see helmet to helmet. More shoulder to chest.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The commissioner is a pansy and clearly doesn't know football. Wreck less helmet to helmet just should be fined. Tough play where the WR tries to protect himself and part of his helmet gets grazed by a defender should not result in penalties or fines.

Like I said, it's good that Goldson got $41 million this offseason. I just hope he doesn't get suspended for continuing to play good tough football. Cuz I could see it happening if our lovely commissioners fines don't make their point how he wants them to.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Only our team would lose by having an non reviewable play reviewed.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking back at our 2013 draft, anyone else feel, and not taking anything away from banks. But I liked Logan Ryan better than banks coming out. And loved Arthur Brown. In the 2nd could have had Brown and 3rd Logan Ryan. Just a hypothetical situation that would have been awesome. Ryan seemed to fit our scheme better than Banks , who I still think ends up moving to free safety in a couple years as he's a better zone fit.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Looking back at our 2013 draft, anyone else feel, and not taking anything away from banks. But I liked Logan Ryan better than banks coming out. And loved Arthur Brown. In the 2nd could have had Brown and 3rd Logan Ryan. Just a hypothetical situation that would have been awesome. Ryan seemed to fit our scheme better than Banks , who I still think ends up moving to free safety in a couple years as he's a better zone fit.

What could Arthur Brown do for us that Mason and Lavonte arent doing now ? I like Ryan too, thought he'd be a Buc, but we chose Glennon. Im ready to see what Glennon can do NOW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000245928/article/darrelle-revis-reportedly-unhappy-with-bucs-coach-schiano

Quote:
FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reports All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis is irritated with Schiano's stricter ways after coming from Rex Ryan's relatively loose regime with the Jets. Per Garafolo, Revis is also frustrated with the lack of man-to-man coverage on defense.

Seems like K2 was onto something. While i agree that this team was in dire need of reform coming from the Rah era. I think the problem is that Schiano is the polar opposite of Rah. We need someone like Lovie. Someone that players would respect because he has shown he can win as well as seems to be firm but more of a players coach. I wouldn't mind seeing Lovie come in.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Revis sign and trade, and wouldnt want him on any other team than the bucs. but hes a diva.

Isnt this the same guy that said Tampa was different than NY because its a tight knit locker room and smaller stories dont leak to the media and become bigger ones?

U got paid, u got ur contract. Shut up and play.

"There's something to be said for guys that want to be Miami Hurricanes."- Al Golden - TBA Trust, Belief, Accountability
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucBall_76 wrote:
I love the Revis sign and trade, and wouldnt want him on any other team than the bucs. but hes a diva.

Isnt this the same guy that said Tampa was different than NY because its a tight knit locker room and smaller stories dont leak to the media and become bigger ones?

Normally i would agree, however, i think with Revis he makes a good point. While this style works great with Rookies coming fresh from college, they are use to this style of coaching. However, doesn't it seem like some of the better college coaches that make the transition to NFL are the ones that are firm but fair. Look at Harbaugh or Carroll. While Carroll flamed out his first time around. He learned at USC what it took to b a great coach. The difference is players like Revis, Goldson or Jackson have shown they can play and don't need to be treated like that 4th round rookie. We needed this at first but now is the time that Schiano needs to be more of a players coach. There is that fine balance.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ship be sinking Laughing Sad

Mike Evans 63 997 11
BBando

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 10 pick with this roster. What coach doesn't want that.

garbage
BucBall_76

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
BucBall_76 wrote:

Normally i would agree, however, i think with Revis he makes a good point. While this style works great with Rookies coming fresh from college, they are use to this style of coaching. However, doesn't it seem like some of the better college coaches that make the transition to NFL are the ones that are firm but fair. Look at Harbaugh or Carroll. While Carroll flamed out his first time around. He learned at USC what it took to b a great coach. The difference is players like Revis, Goldson or Jackson have shown they can play and don't need to be treated like that 4th round rookie. We needed this at first but now is the time that Schiano needs to be more of a players coach. There is that fine balance.

I dont totally disagree and we will never know what Revis considers stricter. I imagine Rex let Revis pretty much come and go as he pleases. Thats just my assumption. So its hard to tell not knowing the specifics.

And at the same time, hes spose to be one of the veteran leaders. Even if he is upset, i dont wanna know or hear about it. keep it in house.

"There's something to be said for guys that want to be Miami Hurricanes."- Al Golden - TBA Trust, Belief, Accountability
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucBall_76 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
BucBall_76 wrote:

I dont totally disagree and we will never know what Revis considers stricter. I imagine Rex let Revis pretty much come and go as he pleases. Thats just my assumption. So its hard to tell not knowing the specifics.

And at the same time, hes spose to be one of the veteran leaders. Even if he is upset, i dont wanna know or hear about it. keep it in house.

I agree that it needs to stay in house. But like you mentioned he is a veteran leader for this team. Maybe he is just saying what the majority of the team is feeling and knows that this is one of the best ways to hopefully make a change. When it was coming from someone that had the attitude that K2 has, i didn't take it to serious. To me it comes across as someone that doesn't want to work hard. When it's Revis, i know that's not the case.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
BucBall_76 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
BucBall_76 wrote:

I agree that it needs to stay in house. But like you mentioned he is a veteran leader for this team. Maybe he is just saying what the majority of the team is feeling and knows that this is one of the best ways to hopefully make a change. When it was coming from someone that had the attitude that K2 has, i didn't take it to serious. To me it comes across as someone that doesn't want to work hard. When it's Revis, i know that's not the case.

Good point, never looked at it that way.

Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucBall_76 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
BucBall_76 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
BucBall_76 wrote:

Good point, never looked at it that way.

How accurate is this really? I mean it could be completely accurate or it could be slightly fabricated. Wasnt Revis the one saying this is a tight knit family in Training Camp? I think this is just more the team feeling the frustration of losing games they thought they would win easily and Schaino not meshing with Freeman, who is sucking as well. Is Schiano too hard on his team still? Maybe. But he would have to be a complete moron to continue to chew them out like college kids wouldn't he? Like I said, I think this is more the frustrations of losing when they had high expectations for the season, rather than Schiano chewing everyone out and being a bad coach from that perspective. It's like they wanna point the finger at someone so the players point to Schiano.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Only our team would lose by having an non reviewable play reviewed.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 42 of 100

Jump to: