Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

pats look so depleted
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats4ever wrote:
Laughing Laughing Funny thread

I'm not sure what's so funny... This is unquestionably the worst Patriots team in the last 5 years at least. Amendola cannot and will not stay healthy, the WR's were absolutely pathetic tonight outside of Edelman and one catch.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
TomRalph

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Pats4ever wrote:
Laughing Laughing Funny thread

I'm not sure what's so funny... This is unquestionably the worst Patriots team in the last 5 years at least. Amendola cannot and will not stay healthy, the WR's were absolutely pathetic tonight outside of Edelman and one catch.

Worst WR core, probably. But they're also probably the most injured in that department for a while. This defense is probably the best it's been in 4-5 years. 2009 I would say was a worst team.
Tongue-Splitter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it funny that there are already overreactions to two games. The Bills are improved regardless of what everybody in the NFL thinks, and the Patriots still won. The conditions were terrible last night and the Jets had several opportunities to take the lead. The Patriots still won.

Tom Brady is still Tom Brady, and he will be fine. He might not put up 4,500, 40 and under ten like he has the past several years, but the Patriots will still make the playoffs.

And honestly, I'd be more afraid of a gritty New England team that wins games through defense and digging deep to score necessary points. The offensive firepower they've displayed since the beginning of the Welker era hasn't gotten them any Super Bowl victories (no offense meant) while the gritty, win through coaching, defense, running, grinding offense has won three Super Bowls.

Any Patriots fan worrying probably isn't too familiar with what the Patriots did to win three Super Bowls. And to a Packer fan like me who is sick of the Patriots success and takes solace in their lack of Super Bowl victories over the past several years (no offense meant again), this team is scarier to me than the last five or six New England teams.
Brocktonbob

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thompkins not only looks exactly like Lloyd physically he #alligator arms" the ball on slants like Lloyd and looks for the sideline instead of downfield like him also. Would love to see KT run cleaner routes but also be more physical on man press overage.
Nihc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an optimist (except in game threads), so I like this squad's chances as much as any out there. Our defense looks like it's improved on the top 10 squad from last year. If we can get healthy on offense we should have enough firepower to win against anyone. I'm not really worried about the rookies, I didn't expect them to struggle catching the ball, but the communication problems I understand. Some of the rookies played for the first time last night, some played their first Sun/Thur combo with only a walkthrough. I think the long week will be hugely beneficial to the offense's chemistry. If we struggle as much as we did this week against Tampa, we might need to make a move or two on offense.

2013 Adopt-a-Patriot - Tommy Kelly
Tackles: 19 | Sacks: 1.5 | QB Hits: 5 | TFL: 1 | Fumble Recoveries: 1
roachkiller

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This wouldnt be an issue if we had drafted Dez Bryant. McCourty is a good player, but not special like Bryant would have been. Funny people say he questionable past but that holds NO water now with whats going on with Hernandez. There were red flags everywhere for Hernandez, but the Pats still chose him, albeit the 4th round. Also, before you say, "they wouldve chose Bryant in the 4th round", Bryant was considered a far better prospect for their respective positions, was considered a top 5 pick. Hernandez was a fringe 1st round prospet, probably a 2nd round pick based on talent alone.
Sciz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roachkiller wrote:
This wouldnt be an issue if we had drafted Dez Bryant. McCourty is a good player, but not special like Bryant would have been. Funny people say he questionable past but that holds NO water now with whats going on with Hernandez. There were red flags everywhere for Hernandez, but the Pats still chose him, albeit the 4th round. Also, before you say, "they wouldve chose Bryant in the 4th round", Bryant was considered a far better prospect for their respective positions, was considered a top 5 pick. Hernandez was a fringe 1st round prospet, probably a 2nd round pick based on talent alone.
Bryant had huge motivation and intelligence issues. There's no reason to expect that he would have done any better with the Pats' offense than a guy like Ochocinco, who seemed to be similarly unfocused. Hernandez clearly had issues, but they weren't on the field. He handled multiple offensive roles in college and seemed to be very serious about his job in New England.

McCourty has nearly single-handedly stabilized the secondary (even when Talib wasn't on the field) with his move to safety, and he's the leader of the secondary and was a captain. I'm not even convinced Bryant would have been a better player on the field, much less as an overall asset to the team.
Iron_man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KT, Dobson and Boyce just have to work on their mechanics. When Dez Bryant was in his first year you saw a lot of the same you see with KT and Dobson. Running the wrong routes. Not turning their head. It's just what you have to put up with, with rookies. They'll get better. I'm optimistic about the rookies. Plus we get Gronk back next week. He and edelman might have to carry the offense.

Adopt a patriot 2014: ????
Adopt a patriot 2013: Tavon Wilson
Tackles:3
Interceptions:1
Touchdown!:1(74 yards)
Passes Deflected:1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: