Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Arizona Cardinals Week One Game Ball.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who was the Arizona Cardinals Player of the Game
Carson Palmer
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Andre Roberts
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Larry Fitzgerald
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Dan Williams
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tyrann Mathieu
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Arizona Cardinals Week One Game Ball. Reply with quote

Well the first game of the Bruce Arians era is in the book. A close 27-24 loss in which it looked for most of the game that the Cardinals would come out on top of. There were a few good performances of note, but who deserves to walk away with the gameball for today?

The candidates are;

Carson Palmer - 26/40 for 327 yards, two scores and one pick in his Cardinals debut. He connected on a big time 44 yard throw to Michael Floyd early in the game which stood out as his best play of the game.

Andre Roberts - Quietly sitting as the 3rd receiver Roberts grabbed 8 balls for 97 yards and while he did not find the endzone he was a consistent threat to make a big catch.

Larry Fitzgerald - Back on track with a QB who is able to find his receiver. Larry caught eight passes for 80 yards with two of those catches leading to the endzone.

Dan Williams - The big man showed he had some hands when he came down with a pass tipped by Matt Shaughnessy and stumbled two yards into the endzone for a pick six.

Tyrann Mathieu - Hustled like a champion to run down Jared Cook and force a fumble on what was a sure TD and a play that would have opened the game up for the Rams, as it stood the Cardinals went the other way for 7 on their next drive. Big momentum changer.

Other - If you think I have missed a deserving guy, write in a guy and I will tally his votes.

So, Who ya got? And Why?

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's no contest, Palmer.

Mathieu was great but not as great as Palmer

#JDI
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roberts. He made some great 3rd down catches that kept some drives alive.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
AZCardinalsFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its hard to vote. Its between Palmer and Roberts for me. But, Im going to go with Roberts though. He came up big when we needed him to.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to go with Roberts but I simply have to give Palmer the edge here. Roberts made a couple great catches in traffic but Palmer also threaded the needle on several of those throws. We can win a lot of games with QB performances like that if our defense improves. Palmer did tail off in the 4th quarter and missed a couple crucial throws though (the wheel route to Ellington comes to mind) but some of those it's hard to know whose fault it is because someone could just have easily ran the wrong route.
DieHardCard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roberts gets my vote although others are deserving as well. Roberts made some very difficult catches and absorbed some big hits and still hung on to the ball. I think it was his best game I have ever seen him play.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathieu had a major impact in his first professional game. I was very pleased with Carson's play and I think this team stands a chance with him, but I went with Mathieu because he was making plays consistently and the fumble was a major play that came off of great hustle.

Justo on the sig
apollo14000

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
Mathieu had a major impact in his first professional game. I was very pleased with Carson's play and I think this team stands a chance with him, but I went with Mathieu because he was making plays consistently and the fumble was a major play that came off of great hustle.

Mathieu made arguably the biggest play of the game but he did struggle to stay close to Tavon Austin a bit.

We definitely stand a chance with Palmer though. He can make any throw and it made Arians look like a huge step up from Whiz in terms of playcalling.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: