Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who should defend Anquan Boldin? Brandon Browner or RS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should defend Boldin?
Browner
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Sherman
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

SoS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When he's on the outside I'm not particularly worried about him. In the slot I could certainly see him win some balls.
silus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vernon Davis matchup is the problem.
sirensong

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:

I agree, hopefully Kam can turn him up early and often. Get him looking over his shoulder.

Im more worried about the run game than the pass tho. Kaep and Gore could slash us on the ground.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
silus wrote:

I agree, hopefully Kam can turn him up early and often. Get him looking over his shoulder.

Im more worried about the run game than the pass tho. Kaep and Gore could slash us on the ground.

Wish we had Bruce this game. Having Avril and Clem at full strength would be nice too. Hoping that if Kaep tries to scramble, Wagner is there and able to de-cleat him. Honestly, the things I'm most worried about in this game are;

1.) Vernon Davis dicing us up down the middle. This even includes McDonald. Seems our weakness in pass coverage is right in the heart of the defense IMO.

2.) The Screen game. Our defense is fast and aggressive and it seems like 95% of the time when a screen is ran, we give up at least 8-10 yards.

If we can keep these 2 things from dicing up our defense, I see a convincing win for the Hawks.
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
sirensong wrote:
silus wrote:

Wish we had Bruce this game. Having Avril and Clem at full strength would be nice too. Hoping that if Kaep tries to scramble, Wagner is there and able to de-cleat him. Honestly, the things I'm most worried about in this game are;

1.) Vernon Davis dicing us up down the middle. This even includes McDonald. Seems our weakness in pass coverage is right in the heart of the defense IMO.

2.) The Screen game. Our defense is fast and aggressive and it seems like 95% of the time when a screen is ran, we give up at least 8-10 yards.

If we can keep these 2 things from dicing up our defense, I see a convincing win for the Hawks.
Well no need to worry about #2 on your list. It seems like the 49ers haven't run an effective screen pass play since Jeff Garcia was the QB.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
sirensong wrote:
silus wrote:

Well no need to worry about #2 on your list. It seems like the 49ers haven't run an effective screen pass play since Jeff Garcia was the QB.

LOL, beautiful. Seriously though, if there's any time for the 9ers to try a couple, this week would be it. I don't know why I see them coming right away but our defense doesn't, but yeah....Screen Passes + 3rd & Longs last year were always my can't miss predictions. Those two things tore us up. A couple screen passes have got the best of us this year too, but our 3rd down defense seems to be more legit since we're not automatically going to soft zone coverage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: