Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Titans Draft Thread(2 DAYS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this will happen because we're certainly too talented for it too happen but hypothetically if we end up being the worst team and getting the #1 pick, who would you guys take? Clowney or Teddy? Or someone else? Personally, I'd go with Clowney. The offense overall has alot of talent. Our least talented position is QB or probably TE. The defense in my opinion is lacking that elite to great player. We have some solid to good players in McCourty, Ayers, Casey, Morgan, and Brown but that's it. We lack that true star that all the good defenses have. Plus can you imagine a D-Line of Clowney, Casey, and Morgan? Shocked Take Clowney in the 1st and then a QB in the 2nd. This draft looks to be another year where the best value for a QB in the 2nd round, just like 2011 was with Kaep and Dalton. Draft someone like Morris, Fales, Smith, Mariota, etc. in the 2nd and Clowney in the 1st. Obviously this won't happen because I give it about a 1% chance of us getting the #1 pick but definitely an interesting scenario.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
I don't think this will happen because we're certainly too talented for it too happen but hypothetically if we end up being the worst team and getting the #1 pick, who would you guys take? Clowney or Teddy? Or someone else? Personally, I'd go with Clowney. The offense overall has alot of talent. Our least talented position is QB or probably TE. The defense in my opinion is lacking that elite to great player. We have some solid to good players in McCourty, Ayers, Casey, Morgan, and Brown but that's it. We lack that true star that all the good defenses have. Plus can you imagine a D-Line of Clowney, Casey, and Morgan? Shocked Take Clowney in the 1st and then a QB in the 2nd. This draft looks to be another year where the best value for a QB in the 2nd round, just like 2011 was with Kaep and Dalton. Draft someone like Morris, Fales, Smith, Mariota, etc. in the 2nd and Clowney in the 1st. Obviously this won't happen because I give it about a 1% chance of us getting the #1 pick but definitely an interesting scenario.

In that scenario I'd be ecstatic if Mariota fell to the 2nd round for us. I really like him a lot.

Credit to Sandwich for the signature!
2014 Adopt-A-Titan: Delanie Walker & Taylor Lewan
Bloeddyr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the Clowney wagon as well. I like the '08 team. Great defense, great offensive line, great running attack and a solid game-manager at quarterback. Adding Clowney to this defense, as well as another year in the system for the younger guys (Zach Brown, Casey, Ayers, McCourty to name the cornerstones) would make a huge impact. We have a solid offensive line, with aging tackles, but they should be good for another 2-4 years. CJ is CJ, Greene had a good pre-season and Battle could end up kill someone this season.

Clowney first, a QB second (guys like Stephen Morris, Blake Bortles and Fales comes to mind) and then a MLB with the third pick in the fourth round or trade up to grab one the very talented guys, unless, of course, Fokou plays lights out this year.
TiTaN NaTioN!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after the first game, what is our top 3 positions of need based on what we saw? I'll go....

1. DB
2. DL
3. OL

I really want to put TE in there, but I think the other positions are far more needed. Honestly, for me, its really hard to tell what we need after a win. Wins seem to make me forget about the flaws.
PSN: J-SLeeZY87
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiTaN NaTioN!! wrote:
So after the first game, what is our top 3 positions of need based on what we saw? I'll go....

1. DB
2. DL
3. OL

I really want to put TE in there, but I think the other positions are far more needed. Honestly, for me, its really hard to tell what we need after a win. Wins seem to make me forget about the flaws.

I'm not ready to rank them just yet, but some positions that could use an upgrade:

SS, OT, CB, DT, DE

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiTaN NaTioN!! wrote:

1. DB
2. DL
3. OL

OL? Why O-Line? I'd say.....

1.) CB
2.) S
3.) D-Line

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TiTaN NaTioN!! wrote:

1. DB
2. DL
3. OL

1.) CB
2.) S
3.) D-Line

I think OT needs to be looked at. Roos and Stewart were both injured last year and are both hitting the point where they are beginning to decline. I think we need to be proactive on finding suitable replacements. The way our offense is set up now, OL is the key.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
TiTaN NaTioN!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TiTaN NaTioN!! wrote:

1. DB
2. DL
3. OL

1.) CB
2.) S
3.) D-Line

Both Roos and Stewart are on the wrong side of 30 and with injuries here and there, it doesn't bode well for them down the road. They're already considered tops at their position, nowhere else to go but down.
gibbythemute

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caleb Pryor, FS from Louisville is someone I would love to have.

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I'm scared. We've poked the beast and He's now arose.
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think of Jeff Mathews from Cornell? To me, he has one of the best arms in this year's class. The zip he puts on the ball and his overall pocket presence really has impressed me. The trickiest thing with him is that he has never really played against elite competition throughout his college career. How much stock would you guys put in that? It's definitely a negative factor for him, but it's hard for me to dismiss the impressive things I've seen from him on tape, regardless of where he plays. His arm strength, accuracy, and decision making have me very interested at this point in seeing how he progresses over the year.

Credit to Sandwich for the signature!
2014 Adopt-A-Titan: Delanie Walker & Taylor Lewan
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be lying if I said I'm not keeping an eye on the QBs. Just monitoring them in case we take a nose dive offensively this year.

But Brett Hundley from UCLA is on the top of my list right now.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I'd be lying if I said I'm not keeping an eye on the QBs. Just monitoring them in case we take a nose dive offensively this year.

But Brett Hundley from UCLA is on the top of my list right now.

Hundley and Bridgewater are a tier above every other QB imo. I think I'd take Bridgewater slightly above Hundley.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Locker isn't the answer, we need to go for broke to get a top QB. This team is a good QB away from being very special.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
TiTaN NaTioN!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want Locker to turn it around and become the answer that this team needs, but if he doesn't I hope that this staff makes a decision on it sooner rather than later. If he isn't the answer, I hope they don't sit and wait for another year or two hoping for him to develop into something that will never happen while the next franchise QB gets drafted. With that said, my top 3 are Bridgewater, Hundley, and Mariota.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest needs after Week 2 IMO are....

1.) QB
2.) CB - McCourty is a good player and Verner probably won't be resigned. Even if be was, he fits best in the nickel playing zone. We need to find another man guy unless BWW can turn into that.
3.) SS - Assuming Pollard is not resigned
4.) DT - Casey is a good player but put another good player beside him and wow. Hill, Martin, Klug, and Johnson are great rotation guys. Maybe replace one with a guy like Louis Nix.
5.) DE - Ropati has looked very good but he's also on a 1 year deal. He does his job but I'd love to have a guy who can stop the run, collapse the pocket, and rush the passer.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 2 of 64

Jump to: