Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1 GDT: Cincinnati at Bears
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
khodder wrote:
Major Wright made a horrible decision on the 45 yard TD to AJ Green. He was supposed to be giving Jenning help over the top, instead he bites on an inside breaking route and leaves Green wide open.

Thanks for the info...just to add to add a little more info to this...

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4685656/stock-watch-guards-handle-atkins

Quote:
Wright's statistics were fine on Sunday (seven tackles), but he committed a costly mental error that led to a Bengals touchdown. With the Bears' in zone coverage, Wright bit on an Andy Dalton pump fake and was late helping out over the top on A.J. Green's 45-yard touchdown reception in the second quarter. Green ran past cornerback Tim Jennings on the play, but Trestman confirmed on Monday that Jennings expected the help to come from the safety. It never did. Wright has been responsible for a host of busted coverages throughout his career, although he is coming off his best NFL season in 2012 when he snagged four interceptions.

Of all our big name free agents Wright is the guy I’m most wary of given a new contract too…not because he is a bad player…but I can’t remember the last safety around the NFL to get a big contract not name Reed or Polamalu who has lived up to it…it’s a tricky spot to gauge.

I've never been a fan of Major Wright, he seems to always be a step late to the play. If it comes down to Wright in 2014 or Conte in 2015 like I think it will be, Im taking Conte 10 out of 10 times.
Not a huge fan either but I think his development has been retarded by injury. Lets see if he plays every game this year, that will determine contract range. He isn't bad but hasn't blow our socks off yet, either.
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
khodder wrote:
Major Wright made a horrible decision on the 45 yard TD to AJ Green. He was supposed to be giving Jenning help over the top, instead he bites on an inside breaking route and leaves Green wide open.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4685656/stock-watch-guards-handle-atkins

Quote:
Wright's statistics were fine on Sunday (seven tackles), but he committed a costly mental error that led to a Bengals touchdown. With the Bears' in zone coverage, Wright bit on an Andy Dalton pump fake and was late helping out over the top on A.J. Green's 45-yard touchdown reception in the second quarter. Green ran past cornerback Tim Jennings on the play, but Trestman confirmed on Monday that Jennings expected the help to come from the safety. It never did. Wright has been responsible for a host of busted coverages throughout his career, although he is coming off his best NFL season in 2012 when he snagged four interceptions.

Of all our big name free agents Wright is the guy I’m most wary of given a new contract too…not because he is a bad player…but I can’t remember the last safety around the NFL to get a big contract not name Reed or Polamalu who has lived up to it…it’s a tricky spot to gauge.

Well what do you consider a big contract for a safety? If Wright got something like Morgan Burnett (4yrs/$17M I think) I don't think it would be disastrous.

How has Danieal Manning been for the Texans? Because I remember them giving him a pretty good chuck of change and if I remember correctly he's been pretty good for them.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
khodder wrote:

Quote:

Well what do you consider a big contract for a safety? If Wright got something like Morgan Burnett (4yrs/$17M I think) I don't think it would be disastrous.

How has Danieal Manning been for the Texans? Because I remember them giving him a pretty good chuck of change and if I remember correctly he's been pretty good for them.

Not at all…if we got Wright back for around $4 million a year I would be cool with that…my problem is when we get to the next level…you look at Eric Weddle getting $40 million over 5 years…or Jarius Byrd reporetedly looking for close to $10 million a year…even a guy like Michael Griffin got $7 million a year a few seasons ago from the Titans…if Wright is thinking he is worth those kinds of sums he is very much so mistaken.
Nads786

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major Wright is a replaceable player if there ever was one. I'm not high on him at all, hes solid but thats about it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
Major Wright is a replaceable player if there ever was one. I'm not high on him at all, hes solid but thats about it.

Agreed. While Wright is a good pro and a serviceable player I don't think he's anything special...until further notice.

Going back to that draft I always wanted the Bears to draft Burnett over Wright and still think to this day that he's the better player of the two.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31
Page 31 of 31

Jump to: