Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redzone Offense
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amaru0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
amaru0 wrote:
Fauria's TD was a good example of this. I think 11 guys were covering CJ on that play, Stafford never even looked that way. Then again, after seeing that dance, I honestly hope he never scores again.

Use Pettigrew, despite the haters, he's our best TE. Jimmy Graham had more drops last year, who's calling him stone hands?

The Saints offense was garbage last year without Peyton....You're not going to pick a guy because his dance? Are you serious? He was having the time of his life and pumped up out of his mind...

I was joking about the dance, but not about Pettigrew. Jimmy Graham dropped 10.37% of his passes last year, Grew dropped 8.82%, so the targets argument is out the window. He was also targeted more than anyone but CJ last year, so you really can't say there was no attention on him. I'm not saying the guy has the best hands in the league here, just that he is a quality tight end who has averaged around 70 catches and 700 yards for us the last 3 years. AND he can block.
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amaru0 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
amaru0 wrote:
Fauria's TD was a good example of this. I think 11 guys were covering CJ on that play, Stafford never even looked that way. Then again, after seeing that dance, I honestly hope he never scores again.

Use Pettigrew, despite the haters, he's our best TE. Jimmy Graham had more drops last year, who's calling him stone hands?

The Saints offense was garbage last year without Peyton....You're not going to pick a guy because his dance? Are you serious? He was having the time of his life and pumped up out of his mind...

I was joking about the dance, but not about Pettigrew. Jimmy Graham dropped 10.37% of his passes last year, Grew dropped 8.82%, so the targets argument is out the window. He was also targeted more than anyone but CJ last year, so you really can't say there was no attention on him. I'm not saying the guy has the best hands in the league here, just that he is a quality tight end who has averaged around 70 catches and 700 yards for us the last 3 years. AND he can block.

Okay I was about to say lol. And if Pettigrew could be clutch and cut drops in half...along with no more TO for season...I would be very very very happy
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amaru0 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
amaru0 wrote:

And he can get holding penalties when we convert 4th and 1, and he can fumble with the best of them.

He just isn't what you want in a check down security blanket. He doesn't secure the ball and he ends drives as often as he extends them it seems.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
amaru0 wrote:

2 things: 1: Graham had more targets and attention on him, so more total drops isn't too crazy. 2: Pettigrew is listed as only having 8 drops but we all know it was more than that.

Jimmy Graham and Aaron Hernandez both had a higher drop percentage than Pettigrew in 2012.

Interesting tidbit: Calvin Johnson struggled with drops last year, but Victor Cruz, Wes Welker and Randall Cobb all had a higher drop rate in 2012.

Team Stylish
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
amaru0 wrote:

2 things: 1: Graham had more targets and attention on him, so more total drops isn't too crazy. 2: Pettigrew is listed as only having 8 drops but we all know it was more than that.

Jimmy Graham and Aaron Hernandez both had a higher drop percentage than Pettigrew in 2012.

Interesting tidbit: Calvin Johnson struggled with drops last year, but Victor Cruz, Wes Welker and Randall Cobb all had a higher drop rate in 2012.

Calvin Ranked 175th in drops last year.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
amaru0 wrote:

I'm not sure if I'm understanding that correctly: he had the 2nd most drops of all WRs in the NFL with 14.

Team Stylish
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
amaru0 wrote:

I'm not sure if I'm understanding that correctly: he had the 2nd most drops of all WRs in the NFL with 14.

I meant drop %, but I have all my stats mixed up. Just pretend I didn't interject in that debate. I'm super tired.

You can reference all the #'s here though.
jaylittle03

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest concern with this team is being able to score TDs in the redzone. I think Bush helps spread the box with his ability to catch. This Fauria guy will hopefully turn into something, but we need a WR to step up. We need Broyles to get back healthy. His hands and route running ability are spectacular and opens up this offense even more.

Props to wi7son
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if height is all we care about, let's go ahead and get Devin Taylor out there in red zone packages! That'd be hilarious. I mean he is basically the same size as Will Heller.

Calvin's really the only consistent red zone threat we have right now. Durham isn't a very good receiver, Pettigrew has bad hands, Fauria's a UDFA (and we won't be catching anyone off-guard next time we line him up out wide and throw him a fade right off the snap). Scheffler had a good bit of TDs a couple of years ago, but IIRC many of them came from outside the red zone.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: