Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week Two GDT: New York Jets @ New England Patriots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CornellJets

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Cumblerand is feeling good, I think he could have a big game. Also key that Mangold's injury doesn't get aggravated because you could just see the offense wasn't running as smooth without him under center.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Patriots WR Danny Amendola (groin) & TE Rob Gronkowski (back/forearm) officially doubtful for Week 2. TE Zach Sudfeld (hammy) questionable.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/377884778101764096

Quote:
Bolden, Dobson, Ebner, Harmon, Slater, Sudfeld, Svitek, Washington all questionable. Cole, Dennard, Ridley all probable.

https://twitter.com/DougKyedNESN/status/377884644089548800
Tom Brady Tribute
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my $.02 on how the Jets match up against the Pats.

Jets passing game Vs Pats Secondary.
Their secondary is nothing to brag about IMO. But regardless we have a rookie QB playing on the road on a short week. Plus were without our best reciever. IMO the pats get the edge.

Edge: Pats (big edge)

Jets running game vs Pats front seven
Unless our o-line feels like blocking, we aren't going anywhere. We have zero explosiveness or play makers back there. In other news, the pats happen to have a pretty solid front seven with excellent linebackers.

Pats passing game vs Jets secondary
This one is tough to call since the Pats are missing half their offense. No Gronk,No Hernandez, no Sudfeld, no Vereen, no Amendola, possibly no Dobson. The only guys that Brady should target are Edelman and Thompkins. Considering he has no one to throw to, We should put extra DBs on Edelman and Thompkins. We can afford to have Michael Hoomanawanifgdhfkjdfjhdjgshjdkhgdjhdd in one on one coverage with a linebacker. However Tom Brady is still their QB and he can make plays by himself as a passer.

Edge: Jets (slight edge)

Pats Running game vs Jets front seven.
No need to do too much splainin' here Ridley is slow and the Jets front seven is geared to stop the power runners like Doug Martin for example. The only other guy who should get carries is Blount and he's slower than Ridley.

Edge: Jets(very big edge)

Edge for game: Pats

Projected score: 21-17 Pats
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
Patriots WR Danny Amendola (groin) & TE Rob Gronkowski (back/forearm) officially doubtful for Week 2. TE Zach Sudfeld (hammy) questionable.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/377884778101764096

Quote:
Bolden, Dobson, Ebner, Harmon, Slater, Sudfeld, Svitek, Washington all questionable. Cole, Dennard, Ridley all probable.

https://twitter.com/DougKyedNESN/status/377884644089548800

Amendola not playing would be huge for the Jets. If he's in, that's a difficult task for a defense.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
green24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganggreen1102 wrote:
This is my $.02 on how the Jets match up against the Pats.

Jets passing game Vs Pats Secondary.
Their secondary is nothing to brag about IMO. But regardless we have a rookie QB playing on the road on a short week. Plus were without our best reciever. IMO the pats get the edge.

Their secondary is very weak. McCourty is a good player, as is Talib. Dennard is talented, but I wouldn't say he's a guy you really have to scheme against. Kyle Arrington can be decent out of the slot, but he's absolute trash. No one else in their secondary is even worth noticing imo. E.J. Manuel had a pretty solid game against them last week, and I could see Geno doing the same. This is definitely not a "big edge" for them, although it might be a slight edge since our passing game is not very good at this point.

Quote:
Jets running game vs Pats front seven
Unless our o-line feels like blocking, we aren't going anywhere. We have zero explosiveness or play makers back there. In other news, the pats happen to have a pretty solid front seven with excellent linebackers.

Hard to disagree with this.

Quote:
Pats passing game vs Jets secondary
This one is tough to call since the Pats are missing half their offense. No Gronk,No Hernandez, no Sudfeld, no Vereen, no Amendola, possibly no Dobson. The only guys that Brady should target are Edelman and Thompkins. Considering he has no one to throw to, We should put extra DBs on Edelman and Thompkins. We can afford to have Michael Hoomanawanifgdhfkjdfjhdjgshjdkhgdjhdd in one on one coverage with a linebacker. However Tom Brady is still their QB and he can make plays by himself as a passer.

Edge: Jets (slight edge)

If Amendola doesn't play, I agree with this. Right now, their healthy receiving core is Julian Edelman, not a very good player but a very good fit in their offense, Kenbrell Thompkins, an UDFA that had a pretty rough game last week, Josh Boyce, a 4th round pick that is probably not ready to contribute, and MAYBE Aaron Dobson.

However, their QB is Tom Brady, so this is still fairly close.

Quote:
Pats Running game vs Jets front seven.
No need to do too much splainin' here Ridley is slow and the Jets front seven is geared to stop the power runners like Doug Martin for example. The only other guy who should get carries is Blount and he's slower than Ridley.

Edge: Jets(very big edge)

I wouldn't go that far in dissing Ridley, but I can't see him or the rest of their backfield doing much tomorrow night. The RB on their team who scares me the most against the Jets, Shane Vereen, will not play in either of Jets-Patriots games this year.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Abe56

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to do with this game, but coach's tape on the Demario Davis tackle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfLsyFasmHw

Crazy speed for a LB

64 Tackles, 10.5 Sacks, 6 STF, 2 FF, 1 INT, 3 PD

2nd Team All Pro

Jets, Knicks, Athletics, Buckeyes
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
No big surprise but Amendola and Gronk will be down tonight. #patriotstalk

https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/378252797332176897
Tom Brady Tribute
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defensively, we have to take advantage of this. Rex know what to call on defense, we just need the players to do their job. I don't think we've beat the pats since Rex stopped calling the defense. I got the feeling Kyle Wilson will be targeted a lot, so I hope he show up.

On Offense, I think Stephen Hill is going to have a big game. I also don't think their LB's can cover Winslow. We have to get the ground game going.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU PANTHERS (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on Santonio, predictions for how he might perform tonight?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:

He should get a lot of passes thrown his way with Kerley out tonight. Holmes and Hill will be the top two receivers tonight and should be on the field a lot.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm told #Patriots TE Zach Sudfeld (hamstring) will be inactive tonight. Pats only TEs are Hooman and Matthew Mulligan

https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/378278586425561088
Tom Brady Tribute
green24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
I'm told #Patriots TE Zach Sudfeld (hamstring) will be inactive tonight. Pats only TEs are Hooman and Matthew Mulligan

https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/378278586425561088

I'd love to see him have a typical Mulligan game. You know, three holds and two false starts.

aceinthehouse wrote:
Call it a hunch. Idea
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Patriots inactives: WR Danny Amendola, TE Rob Gronkowski, TE Zach Sudfeld, OL Will Svitek, RB B. Bolden, DL C. Jones, LB S. Beauharnais.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/378291340670697472

Quote:
Jets inactives: QBs M. Sanchez & B. Quinn, WR J. Kerley, OL O. Aboushi, B. Ijalana & W. Campbell, DE Q. Coples

https://twitter.com/brian_mcintyre/status/378291857106546688
Tom Brady Tribute
Rich51

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:

He should get a lot of passes thrown his way with Kerley out tonight. Holmes and Hill will be the top two receivers tonight and should be on the field a lot.

I hope Spadola gets in. I'd prefer him to Gates
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
Patriots inactives: WR Danny Amendola, TE Rob Gronkowski, TE Zach Sudfeld, OL Will Svitek, RB B. Bolden, DL C. Jones, LB S. Beauharnais.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/378291340670697472

Quote:
Jets inactives: QBs M. Sanchez & B. Quinn, WR J. Kerley, OL O. Aboushi, B. Ijalana & W. Campbell, DE Q. Coples

https://twitter.com/brian_mcintyre/status/378291857106546688

Wow that could be huge. Their biggest pass rusher being out could really help us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 8 of 44

Jump to: