Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Define Success for Peyton Manning This Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Yeh lets not forget that Peyton played poorly against the Ravens in the playoffs.

For me, as others have said, it is playoff success. Peyton has and always will get it done in the regular season, and our team is far more talented than most of the teams he played on in Indianapolis.

I am not one for saying he is a 'choker', because he has got it done in many high pressure games both in the regular and postseason. However, it does need to come together in the playoffs because as others have said, he is getting paid a LOT of $$$.

I thought Peyton played well in the first four quarters to put that loss on Manning would be unfair.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Yeh lets not forget that Peyton played poorly against the Ravens in the playoffs.

For me, as others have said, it is playoff success. Peyton has and always will get it done in the regular season, and our team is far more talented than most of the teams he played on in Indianapolis.

I am not one for saying he is a 'choker', because he has got it done in many high pressure games both in the regular and postseason. However, it does need to come together in the playoffs because as others have said, he is getting paid a LOT of $$$.

I thought he played well for most qbs I especially thought he played well enough to win. But for his standards it could be better. But let's not forget the playoffs do get harder.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:

I thought Peyton played well in the first four quarters to put that loss on Manning would be unfair.

Idk man, our offense scored, what, 21 points in 5 quarters? That game was such a roller coaster I can't recall specifics, but I think "well" might be a stretch. He definitely made a few key bad plays. I do think the cold screwed him by the end, but it was one of his worst games of the year. He doesn't take blame, but he definitely didn't step up and of course threw two key interceptions although the first one was pretty unlucky. Regardless, not a good performance.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:

No more unfair than pinning the loss on Moore. That was a team and to me, mostly coaching loss. Tons of blame to go around and PM deserves his share.
TheChosen186

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winning the Superbowl. Superbowl or bust as they call it.

With that being said, Peyton played well enough against the Ravens last season in the playoffs for the team to win. He definitely could have played better but to stick the majority of the blame on him would be wrong.

It is not his fault that the pass defense played the worst game of the season during the biggest game. It was the coaching's fault more than anything though and I imagine that is why the Broncos have a new DBs coach this season. Asking Bailey or any CB (even Revis) to cover Torrey Smith in 1 on 1 coverage is just asking for trouble especially when the team couldn't get any pressure on Flacco. Flacco literally had all day out there. Smith got 2 deep ball TDs in that and he would have gotten 3 if Flacco didn't overthrow him in that one play.

Football is a team sport, the ultimate team sport at that. Everybody deserves a share of the blame when the team loses but everybody deserves a share of credit when the team wins too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: