Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sadjag

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, after getting my wrists stitched up from this afternoon (went across the street like a dummy) I had a thought, I know you guys remember week 1 last year we took an eventual playoff team too overtime and Cecil made that unbelievable spinning catch. We were heartbroken but the team overall looked alright.

This team can still progress through out the year noone here thought we were going too be good, 4-5 wins is what I expected from this team and if the offense starts putting it together I betcha that's where we end up.

We'll get our QB in April, Let's try and focus on getting our young pieces some experience.

Also, I thought Cyp looked pretty good in flashes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
Okay, after getting my wrists stitched up from this afternoon (went across the street like a dummy) I had a thought, I know you guys remember week 1 last year we took an eventual playoff team too overtime and Cecil made that unbelievable spinning catch. We were heartbroken but the team overall looked alright.

This team can still progress through out the year noone here thought we were going too be good, 4-5 wins is what I expected from this team and if the offense starts putting it together I betcha that's where we end up.

We'll get our QB in April, Let's try and focus on getting our young pieces some experience.

kind of thought this was a joke in reference to the result of watching that game yesterday

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
sadjag wrote:

kind of thought this was a joke in reference to the result of watching that game yesterday
Indeed it was! I didn't really slit my wrists

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest disappointments were the guys who were supposed to be good. Shorts and Monroe in particular. You can find excuses for the rookies or the guys who have only had a couple practices with the team, but John Oehser has been flapping his dumb mouth about Shorts all off season and he was awful out there. Ran the wrong route for a pick. Missed blocking assignments, took a dumb penalty to wipe out a long gain. Monroe got beat like a drum by Tamba Hali all night long.
iPwn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you're so critical about everyone else, but not a peep about the crapfest from Gabbert. Funny you'd be critical over someone "flapping his dumb mouth" over Shorts and then completely neglect how bad Gabbert was when all you've done is puff him up as the smartest, most talented QB of this generation. Though, I should have expected as much.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
iPwn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the pick was probably an option route. Shorts made the right play because he had positioning to get past the corner. Gabbert derped and threw it right into the corner's zone.

- Best since day one -
jagman777

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethan raphael wrote:
Biggest disappointments were the guys who were supposed to be good. Shorts and Monroe in particular. You can find excuses for the rookies or the guys who have only had a couple practices with the team, but John Oehser has been flapping his dumb mouth about Shorts all off season and he was awful out there. Ran the wrong route for a pick. Missed blocking assignments, took a dumb penalty to wipe out a long gain. Monroe got beat like a drum by Tamba Hali all night long.

Nothing to say about Gabbert eh? Surprised
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
And the pick was probably an option route. Shorts made the right play because he had positioning to get past the corner. Gabbert derped and threw it right into the corner's zone.

From how far off the corner was on that play and backpedaling, the comebacker was the right route. That corner was just about to turn and run when Blaine threw it and Shorts would have been in great position for a first down. The safety was also over the top there.

I know it's "Bash Blaine Week", but he made the right throw to put his receiver in the best position to make the catch. Unfortunately, Cecil decided to run at the safety. With the safety playing off-center deep and the corner chasing, the throw up the sideline wasn't there. Cecil had the corner playing off and Flowers would have had to play through Cecil to have a chance at the ball.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
ethan raphael

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offense is predicated on "getting the ball in the hands of the playmakers". Gabbert did that for the most part. Then the "playmakers" either dropped the ball or didn't "make plays". Other than a couple that were called back on penalties.

Mark Long the AP writer covering the Jags said, "Gabbert was the least of the problems in that game". How I saw it as well. "Drops and way too much pressure, especially up the middle", according to Long. Meester got trucked back to the QB a few times by Poe. Rackley and Nwaneri were mediocre and Brewster is an undrafted college center. O line should be a lot better than it was. At leas the receivers have the excuse of being new for the most part and new to the system for three of them.
jagman777

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The least of the problems.. oh my god Laughing
iPwn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
iPwn wrote:

From how far off the corner was on that play and backpedaling, the comebacker was the right route. That corner was just about to turn and run when Blaine threw it and Shorts would have been in great position for a first down. The safety was also over the top there.

I know it's "Bash Blaine Week", but he made the right throw to put his receiver in the best position to make the catch. Unfortunately, Cecil decided to run at the safety. With the safety playing off-center deep and the corner chasing, the throw up the sideline wasn't there. Cecil had the corner playing off and Flowers would have had to play through Cecil to have a chance at the ball.
I watched the play at least 10 times this morning. The deep sideline route, which Cecil was running, was the right route. He had a free release and Flowers was sitting down on the short route in coverage. The safety was playing enough inside that Cecil had an easy 15-20 yard reception if Gabbert throws a deep floating sideline pass.

- Best since day one -
ethan raphael

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jagman777"]The least of the problems.. oh my god Laughing[/quote]

How different is that game if the receivers hang onto the ball in the first half and the blocking is even average? Totally different game. Also what do you expect when three of the receivers have been with the team for less than a week? With the starters either late round picks in the past couple years or undrafted free agents within the past couple years. While the Gabbert is playing with a broken thumb that limited his practice time the past couple weeks. He had less than 2.6 seconds on five of the six sacks.
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethan raphael wrote:

Lol Cecil ran the right route. Even said so in his postgame interview.

Monroe only allowed a hurry and hit, yet was beat like a drum. hahahahahahahaha

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
mikeyfarley

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jags OC did a terrible job as much as anyone else out there. It was like him and Gabbert didn't realize the opposing team is allowed to blitz, and Gabbert looked like a deer in the headlights when the Chiefs showed blitz. He wouldn't audible to something else and he never had a hot read to throw the ball out quickly. There were big miscommunications that cost the team big. Also Didn't seem like they made any halftime adjustments.

Why were they taking MJD out every 3rd down for a journeymen backup? MJD's great at making plays catching the ball out of the backfield, and you obviously can't question his blocking ability. Why sub out RBs every other play? Aren't they trying to have an up tempo offense? doesn't seem like they're trying that hard. They also make the offense more predictable when they take MJD out.

Mike Harris looked good on defense, most other players were average. Russell Allen was crap, big surprise. The defense didn't give up points in the 2nd half, but the Chiefs didn't need to so they might have played a more vanilla offense in the 2nd half since they seemed happy to not turn the ball over and get out with the win. Alex Smith got 25 yards rushing, hopefully it won't mean Pryor will be able to run even more easily on them.

Ace Sanders best attribute is his PR ability, but they don't use him there and having him playing almost every play on offense, when rookie WRs don't usually play that well. Just because he did great in training camp doesn't mean you need to force the ball to him a lot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: