Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Player of the Game: Week 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who was the player of the game?
Geno Smith
35%
 35%  [ 13 ]
Kellen Winslow Jr.
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
Demario Davis
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Sheldon Richardson
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Damon Harrison
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Muhammad Wilkerson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nick Folk
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 37

Bobikus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
What was the name of the Bucs LB who had the late hit on Geno? That's my guy.

Lavonte David, who was also the LB that grabbed the interception.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
I wouldn't call him the player of the game by any means, but how did you guys feel about Antonio Allen? Besides that Vincent Jackson play (Rex took the blame for the miscommunicated blitz) I felt he played extremely well against the run and rushing the passer

Bent of TheJetsBlog mentioned in his wrap up that he did a very good job sealing the edges against Martin.

I think I would vote for Davis because besides having a good game overall, he saved the day by chasing down Jackson. That was impressive.

Also, honorable mention to Malone for making that 84 yard punt. I think I read somewhere it was longest punt made by a Jet since like 1993.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:
I wouldn't call him the player of the game by any means, but how did you guys feel about Antonio Allen? Besides that Vincent Jackson play (Rex took the blame for the miscommunicated blitz) I felt he played extremely well against the run and rushing the passer

Bent of TheJetsBlog mentioned in his wrap up that he did a very good job sealing the edges against Martin.

I think I would vote for Davis because besides having a good game overall, he saved the day by chasing down Jackson. That was impressive.

Also, honorable mention to Malone for making that 84 yard punt. I think I read somewhere it was longest punt made by a Jet since like 1993.

Longest by a Jet since 1969, when Steve O'Neal hit a record 98 yard punt. It's the longest in the NFL since Brian Moorman in 2002.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/punt_long_single_season.htm
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Harris Smith wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:

Longest by a Jet since 1969, when Steve O'Neal hit a record 98 yard punt. It's the longest in the NFL since Brian Moorman in 2002.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/punt_long_single_season.htm

Wow.. there was definetly an element of Karma involved in the win yesterday. Maybe it was the universe's way of paying us back for the buttfumble, Tebow, etc.

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about SNACKS. I continue to be more impressed with him every single game. I'm going to re-watch on Game Rewind and see if my opinion changes, but initially I thought Snacks may have been the best player on the field.
Davey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From helping guide Wilkerson into one of the league's best five techniques, to the work done with Harrison and how Coples and Richardson look already, you've got to tip your hat to the work Karl Dunbar has done.
JMG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
From helping guide Wilkerson into one of the league's best five techniques, to the work done with Harrison and how Coples and Richardson look already, you've got to tip your hat to the work Karl Dunbar has done.
That's for damn sure. Underappreciated, that is including myself too. I haven't gave him enough credit.

[]_[] Family
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:

Too bad he can't coach the QBs, OL, backs and receivers lol.

This is a hard game to pin point one player. DL was excellent, Geno was good, but if I had to pick one I would pick KII.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a toss up between Harrison and Richardson but I'm going with Richardson. For his first NFL game, he was dominant. Extremely impressed with him.

- Cliff Burton
sandwhich

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raoul Duke wrote:
It's a toss up between Harrison and Richardson but I'm going with Richardson. For his first NFL game, he was dominant. Extremely impressed with him.

I can't even believe how comfortable he looks. His talent isn't just flashing, he's at the point where he can play sound football while still flying around with stupid speed for a defensive lineman.

I went with Harrison just because the drop-off from him to Ellis was hugely apparent.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
Raoul Duke wrote:

I can't even believe how comfortable he looks. His talent isn't just flashing, he's at the point where he can play sound football while still flying around with stupid speed for a defensive lineman.

I went with Harrison just because the drop-off from him to Ellis was hugely apparent.

Richardson's first step is so much quicker than it looked at Mizzou. But I can't argue with Harrison. He was a tank in the middle of that line. He looked like Kris Jenkins; it's rare to see 350lb guys move around like that.

When Coples comes back healthy, that front 7 is going to be very good. Wilkerson picked up right where he left off and Davis and Barnes really made their speed felt out there. Davis played much better than he did in any of the preseason games.

The Jets are going to need that line to play like that Thursday night.

- Cliff Burton
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone think Davis is too fast to blitz? lol

He can get pressure but I think might be a little too wild right now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Idzik!
For getting Richardson and Geno. Cant wait till Millner learns the ropes!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: