Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Selvie a long term option?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Justin Hoover82


Joined: 19 Jan 2013
Posts: 2382
Location: Ft.Worth Texas
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not trade Spencer unless we got a 2nd rd pick or better. It's been 1 game so let's not jump the gun and consider Selvie the guy just yet. Spencer is still a very good player and we need as many d-lineman as possible.
_________________
AMERICA'S TEAM and 5x SB CHAMPIONS = DALLAS COWBOYS!!!!!

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DreamEater53


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 318
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any further thoughts on this after game 2?

I think Selvie is proving to be a very solid addition to this team and a huge point for Marinelli showing he can take a guy who has been cut from 3 different teams and turn him into a full fledged, reliable, PRODUCTIVE starter.

Not to mention, he is only 26. Thoughts guys?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeneralDissaray


Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 5321
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamEater53 wrote:
Any further thoughts on this after game 2?

I think Selvie is proving to be a very solid addition to this team and a huge point for Marinelli showing he can take a guy who has been cut from 3 different teams and turn him into a full fledged, reliable, PRODUCTIVE starter.

Not to mention, he is only 26. Thoughts guys?


To be honest, I think he's been our best D lineman so far. He gets a couple more quality starts, and I would be looking at signing him to an extension.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaBoys


Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 3221
Location: J.J. Wilcox fan club headquarters
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spencer looks fat and slow
_________________

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Northland


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 3851
Location: Ajax, Ontario
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too early. He has looked good, but there is a reason why he was unemployed. Let's see how he does as the season progresses.
_________________
Northland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeneralDissaray


Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 5321
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
It's too early. He has looked good, but there is a reason why he was unemployed. Let's see how he does as the season progresses.


It's also possible, he either realizes his window of opportunity is closing, is really motivated by Kiffin and Marinelli, and/or just fits in this system. But yes, see if he is keeping up this level of production through 8 games.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Northland


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 3851
Location: Ajax, Ontario
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Northland wrote:
It's too early. He has looked good, but there is a reason why he was unemployed. Let's see how he does as the season progresses.


It's also possible, he either realizes his window of opportunity is closing, is really motivated by Kiffin and Marinelli, and/or just fits in this system. But yes, see if he is keeping up this level of production through 8 games.


GD you mention all very real possibilities re Selvie. He has been a very nice surprise so far. Like you say we need to see his production long term. But so far so good.
_________________
Northland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
textaz03


Moderator
Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Posts: 11129
Location: Land of the Jersey Devil!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Spencer looks fat and slow
well, considering he has had what, 4 or 5 practices since July, and half a games worth of snaps, yeah, he has to work back into shape and eventually back into game shape! Give him a week or two and see what happens.
_________________




"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group