Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game Balls & Jock Straps Week 1 Vs Giants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20678
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
who is Will Allen's back up???


Isn't it Wilcox?
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheTechnician


Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Posts: 236
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
who is Will Allen's back up???


Isn't it Wilcox?


Yes it is. I did see Wilcox in the game a couple times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE BIG CHEEZE


Joined: 06 Oct 2010
Posts: 266
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
The offense only scored six points on three turnovers. They Defense kept giving them the ball back and they did nothing with it. If the cowboys would have scored more points and made them one dimensional, the game would not have been close. The defense could have pinned their ears back and let loose even more. The fact they had to deal with the threat of the run into the third quarter was a direct correlation of the offense being stale. So maybe the term "lights out" is a "slight" stretch, but considering the amount of help they got it isn't that far off. Whats more of an anomaly is offense not capitalizing on the turnovers. I would give the D an -A on the day. They stopped the giants inside the one yard line which was huuuuuuuuuuuuge play in the game. So I'm okay with saying they were lights out, since they also scored two touchdowns and iced the game. They started strong, and finished with pick six back breaker.


Those are all excellent points. And I agree that the offense really needed to capitalize on those turnovers and didn't. Some of the playcalling after those turnovers was really suspect and erratic, which assuredly handcuffed us a bit. As an example, noting that Romo attempted 33 passes before haltime was a little much. We should've focused on running a little more and taking better shots in the end zone. Three of Romo's passes were ridiculously off the mark due to some really bad route running, miscommunication, and him having a slight case of the yips early on.


The play calling was suspect and erratic, I'm happy we agree on that. I felt like all of running plays were gimmicky and had too much finesse. I felt like demarco was ready to break out and have a big day because of the amount of time the giants spent on the field. It was a wasted opportunity to get him some real confidence to start the year. Sometimes the best play is the one where you just beat the guy in front of you with power.

On a side note, I'm going to see Jabrill Peppers play this week up in north jersey. I seriously have never seen a better high school prospect. Yes I know it's a bold statement but this kid is "LIGHTS OUT" It also hurts to know that he is going to that team up north. He is going to bring some serious clout to the big ten and your team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Slamman


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 13531
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gameball: it's gotta go to Kiffin. The cowboys nearly forced as many turnovers last night as they did all last season. Add to that, they were severely undermanned. Look at the TOP... You would think it would be the giants D that was gassed. Not so much. It was the cowboys sucking wind. Unfortunately, I think we are going to see some ugly 4th quarters until Rat and Spencer return. But, this was a game we probably would have lost last year and a lot of that has to do with the scheme itself. The defense by itself with zero help from the offense scored 17 points... The defense put the offense in position to score another 7. And the defense saved 4 points from an offensive mistake that put the giants on the 1 yard line. And they for forced another TO in the red zone saving more points. That's easily the reason why we won.

Jock strap: the offense was ugly. The drinking and dunking never stopped. And there was rarely a deep pattern even called. Since when did Romo become Brad Johnson? The only good that came of it was TOP. While there are a lot of candidates for the strap on offense... I'll go with Williams. Bad routes. Bad drops. I would have rather scene Harris in the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atran35


Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Posts: 2973
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

Jock strap: the offense was ugly. The drinking and dunking never stopped. And there was rarely a deep pattern even called. Since when did Romo become Brad Johnson? The only good that came of it was TOP. While there are a lot of candidates for the strap on offense... I'll go with Williams. Bad routes. Bad drops. I would have rather scene Harris in the game.


A friend of mine at the game said they had Dez blanketed with a CB in his face...linebacker to shutdown the slants...safety over the top. They should have capitalize with deep balls to Witten or Austin. Williams need to be bench until he shows improvement in practice. The drops were ridiculous and that horrible route running nearly cost us the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PincheJimmy


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 1384
Location: Flower Mound, TX
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Jock strap: the offense was ugly. The drinking and dunking never stopped. And there was rarely a deep pattern even called. Since when did Romo become Brad Johnson? The only good that came of it was TOP. While there are a lot of candidates for the strap on offense... I'll go with Williams. Bad routes. Bad drops. I would have rather scene Harris in the game.


A friend of mine at the game said they had Dez blanketed with a CB in his face...linebacker to shutdown the slants...safety over the top. They should have capitalize with deep balls to Witten or Austin. Williams need to be bench until he shows improvement in practice. The drops were ridiculous and that horrible route running nearly cost us the game.


Was just listening on the radio and Dez was saying all the right things, didnt complain about lack of passes thrown his way, he knew they were doubling teaming all night and was happy to see Witten and Austin pick up the slack for him. He gonna bust out soon enough
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20678
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
The offense only scored six points on three turnovers. They Defense kept giving them the ball back and they did nothing with it. If the cowboys would have scored more points and made them one dimensional, the game would not have been close. The defense could have pinned their ears back and let loose even more. The fact they had to deal with the threat of the run into the third quarter was a direct correlation of the offense being stale. So maybe the term "lights out" is a "slight" stretch, but considering the amount of help they got it isn't that far off. Whats more of an anomaly is offense not capitalizing on the turnovers. I would give the D an -A on the day. They stopped the giants inside the one yard line which was huuuuuuuuuuuuge play in the game. So I'm okay with saying they were lights out, since they also scored two touchdowns and iced the game. They started strong, and finished with pick six back breaker.


Those are all excellent points. And I agree that the offense really needed to capitalize on those turnovers and didn't. Some of the playcalling after those turnovers was really suspect and erratic, which assuredly handcuffed us a bit. As an example, noting that Romo attempted 33 passes before haltime was a little much. We should've focused on running a little more and taking better shots in the end zone. Three of Romo's passes were ridiculously off the mark due to some really bad route running, miscommunication, and him having a slight case of the yips early on.


The play calling was suspect and erratic, I'm happy we agree on that. I felt like all of running plays were gimmicky and had too much finesse. I felt like demarco was ready to break out and have a big day because of the amount of time the giants spent on the field. It was a wasted opportunity to get him some real confidence to start the year. Sometimes the best play is the one where you just beat the guy in front of you with power.

On a side note, I'm going to see Jabrill Peppers play this week up in north jersey. I seriously have never seen a better high school prospect. Yes I know it's a bold statement but this kid is "LIGHTS OUT" It also hurts to know that he is going to that team up north. He is going to bring some serious clout to the big ten and your team.


You have no idea how excited I am for Peppers to set foot on the field in the Big House. The kid is already believed to have elite level DB talent.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20678
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
atran35 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Jock strap: the offense was ugly. The drinking and dunking never stopped. And there was rarely a deep pattern even called. Since when did Romo become Brad Johnson? The only good that came of it was TOP. While there are a lot of candidates for the strap on offense... I'll go with Williams. Bad routes. Bad drops. I would have rather scene Harris in the game.


A friend of mine at the game said they had Dez blanketed with a CB in his face...linebacker to shutdown the slants...safety over the top. They should have capitalize with deep balls to Witten or Austin. Williams need to be bench until he shows improvement in practice. The drops were ridiculous and that horrible route running nearly cost us the game.


Was just listening on the radio and Dez was saying all the right things, didnt complain about lack of passes thrown his way, he knew they were doubling teaming all night and was happy to see Witten and Austin pick up the slack for him. He gonna bust out soon enough


Dez was often triple teamed, so there's no way that Romo could've thrown to him. That's one of the reasons why Austin and Williams got free when they did. There was no one left on the field to cover them. The trouble is that they were running intermediate patterns rather than deep routes.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thesickness89


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 14410
Location: East Carolina University
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Balls:
Offensive line as a whole, Giant Tailbacks, Selvie, thought Dwayne Harris played great on special teams as well

Jock Strap:
Whoever let the Giant WR's get the 10 yard slant play whenever they wanted it
_________________


#FIREHOKE2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group