Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game Balls Week 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForteOz wrote:
No one is talking about Robbie?

He booted a 58 yard no-doubter to close the half, and we end up winning by 3. Sure, that's not the whole story, but with those bonus points that final drive looks a lot different when all we have to do is kill the clock.

I think we are getting a little too used to seeing Robbie do his thing. Consistency gets you overlooked.

I thought it was a great call to send him out there, too. He misses and it gives the Bengals a chance for a couple of quick plays to kick a field goal of their own, and get the ball back in the second half. But we have one of (if not the) best kickers in the league, so why not show him off.

That decision, and the go-for-it on 4th and one made me like Trestman even more than I already did. The guy has some stones, I love it.

Wind-aided.

Adopted Bear: LB DJ Williams
Christmas List
Sack of Aaron Rodgers
Sack of Matthew Stafford
Tackle Adrian Peterson for loss

TFL: SACK: INT: FF: FR:
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles Tillman for President.
ForteOz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
ForteOz wrote:

He booted a 58 yard no-doubter to close the half, and we end up winning by 3. Sure, that's not the whole story, but with those bonus points that final drive looks a lot different when all we have to do is kill the clock.

I think we are getting a little too used to seeing Robbie do his thing. Consistency gets you overlooked.

I thought it was a great call to send him out there, too. He misses and it gives the Bengals a chance for a couple of quick plays to kick a field goal of their own, and get the ball back in the second half. But we have one of (if not the) best kickers in the league, so why not show him off.

That decision, and the go-for-it on 4th and one made me like Trestman even more than I already did. The guy has some stones, I love it.

Wind-aided.

Is that supposed to take away from how dead on that kick was?
Wind or no it was the longest kick made in Soldier Field and Chicago Bear history.
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForteOz wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
ForteOz wrote:

Wind-aided.

Wind or no it was the longest kick made in Soldier Field and Chicago Bear history.

I always think Gould never gets the recognition he deserves around the NFL for the truly excellent kicker he is, he's like the 4th most accurate in NFL history and never seems to get talked about. We're very lucky to have him and wouldn't have won yesterday without him. He has now converted 11 50+ field goals in a row, I think that equals an NFL record.
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: FS #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 0 || Interceptions || Forced Fumbles: 0
ForteOz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
ForteOz wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
ForteOz wrote:

Wind-aided.

I always think Gould never gets the recognition he deserves around the NFL for the truly excellent kicker he is, he's like the 4th most accurate in NFL history and never seems to get talked about. We're very lucky to have him and wouldn't have won yesterday without him. He has now converted 11 50+ field goals in a row, I think that equals an NFL record.

I agree, I can't name anyone in the league I'd rather have kicking for us.

I hope it doesn't take letting Robbie walk and seeing his replacement struggle for folks to appreciate what he brings to the team. The good news is that DeCamillis speaks highly of Gould, and has since TC.
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForteOz wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
ForteOz wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
ForteOz wrote:

Wind-aided.

I agree, I can't name anyone in the league I'd rather have kicking for us.

I hope it doesn't take letting Robbie walk and seeing his replacement struggle for folks to appreciate what he brings to the team. The good news is that DeCamillis speaks highly of Gould, and has since TC.

I've thought that before. I've only been watching the NFL/Bears for around 5 years so Gould is the only kicker I've ever known. When he got injured last year and we had Olindo Mare for a couple of games I realised how lucky we are Laughing
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: FS #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 0 || Interceptions || Forced Fumbles: 0
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@nfldraftscout: RE: #Bears Jordan Mills. I had a mid-third round grade on him. Thought he would be a 10-year starter at RT. Not sure why he slipped.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
I do agree Kyle Long played exceptionally well, but I think he's getting some credit where credit isn't due. Jordan Mills was our best OLineman out there yesterday IMO.
Jay Cutler and Marc Trestman should split the game ball in half.

Pro Football Focus agrees with you. Mills was our highest rated lineman by their grading.

Really? Thats surprising IMO. Though Carlos Dunlap didn't get to the QB, it certainly looked like he had a number of pressures.

As for Geno being irrelevant. Go back and watch the tape. Long was beaten multiple times. And Geno was doubled almost exclusively. I think the credit goes to Trestman and your offensive coordinator. Cutler got the ball out fast all day so it was difficult for our guys to get to him. Cutler also did a good job of moving around in the pocket and even scrambling out of some pressures.

I'll be honest. I think we beat ourselves. We held you to less than 100 yards in the first half and had 2 offensive blunders that killed us. Green dropped a first down post over the middle that was right on his helmet (at about your 20), which allowed Peanut to make a play on the ball. We score there and its a different ball game. Also, we were marching on you guys pretty good and Sanu fumbled. We score on those two drives and your down for the count. With those two plays, the momentum shifted and you guys drove down and scored.

I was impressed with Paea though. Although Kyle Cook is likely the worst starting center in football, Paea was the reason we couldn't run the ball effectively.

Good game though fellas and good luck to you guys. You have a nice team going forward.
The Bengals definitely gave the Bears the chance to win the game. I never had any doubt after we got the lead that they would do something stupid and kill any chance of beating us when it got down to the nitty gritty as they had been doing all game with turnovers and penalties. Sure enough that last unnecessary roughness penalty sealed the deal. If you can stop all that nonsense, you have a chance for a very good year. Even with it you would have beaten us last year after having us down 11, there is no doubt about that.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
ForteOz wrote:

Wind-aided.
There was not much wind and this would have been good from 65+. Perhaps you haven't noticed that 70+ kickoffs are routine for Robby.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: