Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1:TB@NYJ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bucstopshere


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 13577
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
I don't necessarily agree with all that cali. While there were certainly some iffy calls, Geno made the plays necessary towards the end of the game that put us into some tough spots. The refs were not the reason we lost that game.


The only thing I ask of refs is to call the game straight. If Goldson's hits are going to be called unsportsmanlike, then picking up Page and suplexing him should be called as well.

I mean that play blew my top off. There is no reason for that to happen.

I agree completely with that. Made the same comment and we probably had the same reaction when it happened. That play can not be disputed. Refs blew it.

The reason why I think it didnt get called is cuz the refs are just looking for big hits and are gonna call them every time. Good thing Goldson got $41 million this offseason cuz he is gonna have a lot of stupid fines to pay. Plays like Goldson's but that are completely reckless need to be called. But, Goldson's play was clean and it created an incompletion, the first one at least. Of course the helmet is going to be hit a little, its football and the WR is gonna protect himself and as he does his head is gonna dip causing a helmet to helmet. If Goldson hit him with the crown of his helmet thats one thing, but he didnt.


I'm fine with the way Goldson plays. We are going to start seeing the Michael Clayton alligator arms from WR's soon, maybe as soon as next week.
_________________

#TradeUpForTeddy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bucstopshere


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 13577
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So finally watching the whole game now. I want to post my thoughts as I go along...So far im through the first quarter.

-We need Nicks back bad, no push from LG spot and Zuttah isnt moving anyone.

-Anyone else think we should have possibly drafted Schwenke at C? Im not sold on Zuttah, too many bad snaps STILL...That safety was on him.

-Freeman looked impressive through first couple drives. I see two drops. Listen I know we all want a QB but it's what we got right now. Next week will be a big test to see how he bounces back and against a team that he shredded for career numbers last year.

-We should drop one of our 4 rb's and go get Connor. Not having a FB kills Martin.

-Our number 1 priority after QB should be a TE. Im so done with Stocker

-STOP the 3 man RUSH crap. Im beyond sick of this. If we do it we should have a spy. Saw Geno take off in the first and I know when he scrambled and got hit by David it was a three man rush. UGHHGHG
_________________

#TradeUpForTeddy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lil' Shorty


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 3117
Location: NC...surrounded by lame Panther fans.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
I don't necessarily agree with all that cali. While there were certainly some iffy calls, Geno made the plays necessary towards the end of the game that put us into some tough spots. The refs were not the reason we lost that game.


The only thing I ask of refs is to call the game straight. If Goldson's hits are going to be called unsportsmanlike, then picking up Page and suplexing him should be called as well.

I mean that play blew my top off. There is no reason for that to happen.

I agree completely with that. Made the same comment and we probably had the same reaction when it happened. That play can not be disputed. Refs blew it.

The reason why I think it didnt get called is cuz the refs are just looking for big hits and are gonna call them every time. Good thing Goldson got $41 million this offseason cuz he is gonna have a lot of stupid fines to pay. Plays like Goldson's but that are completely reckless need to be called. But, Goldson's play was clean and it created an incompletion, the first one at least. Of course the helmet is going to be hit a little, its football and the WR is gonna protect himself and as he does his head is gonna dip causing a helmet to helmet. If Goldson hit him with the crown of his helmet thats one thing, but he didnt.


I'm fine with the way Goldson plays. We are going to start seeing the Michael Clayton alligator arms from WR's soon, maybe as soon as next week.

Oh dont get me wrong. I absolutely love how Goldson plays. Get a flag every game if thats what it takes to actually hit someone in this league anymore. I love defense like that. And like you said, it will eventually get into opposing WRs heads. Im just saying that its good he got paid this season cuz he will be paying some fines the way the NFL is toward any hit on a WR.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Calibucsfan


Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Posts: 3104
Location: Los Angeles CA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
I don't necessarily agree with all that cali. While there were certainly some iffy calls, Geno made the plays necessary towards the end of the game that put us into some tough spots. The refs were not the reason we lost that game.


Yes they were. Or if not, well than I guess in order to win, Geno will need every team he faces to commit over 100 yards in penalties(and barely beat them by 1 point)
_________________

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing

Last edited by Calibucsfan on Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calibucsfan


Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Posts: 3104
Location: Los Angeles CA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

We need Nicks back bad, no push from LG spot and Zuttah isnt moving anyone.

-Anyone else think we should have possibly drafted Schwenke at C? Im not sold on Zuttah, too many bad snaps STILL...That safety was on him.


I BEEN saying this for 3 seasons now! Zuttah is not good at all. He was an average guard converted to a Center. I been saying that what our o-line is truly missing is a real center(and a good one too)
_________________

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 6790
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My observations:
- Look, we've got to deal with Freeman for the time being. Hes awful. He shows poor body language. To tell ya the truth, we got lucky to get that go ahead FG because the Jets left Jackson wide open and Freeman stared him down.

- Bring back Underwood for the 3rd WR. Ogeltree sucks. This was Dom's move. I don't know what he saw in him, but after week 1 last year, he was awful and lost the job he now possesses here.

- Defensively, after re-watching, our dline, wasn't that great. We stunted while Watson, David or Foster blitzed through. Clayborn was the only other buc that consistently abused Dbrickshaw Ferguson. McCoy was stout in the run defense. Took on too many Double teams. It seemed we did better when we pinned our ears back and straight up rushed the passer. The stunts were innefective. McCoy ran himself out of the play a few times. Schiano cannot be that stubborn and stupid to think this is still going to work. Throw it in there on some 1st down plays. We ran stunts about 60% of the passing plays.
The Saints will not have a rookie passer next week. Neither will the Patriots and Cardinals after that. The ball will be out of their hands quickly, so Stunts, which take us forever to even develop, will be worthless.

- The secondary was very good, but again, it was Geno smith. Brees, regardless of how good we can be and are, will put up his gaudy numbers. Offense better bring it.

- Go get Michael Robinson. Need a FB and he's a good one. Damn good one until Lorig Returns.

- I'd cut Carimi. He stunk in Chicago on one of the worst lines in the NFL the past couple years. What makes you think he'd be good here? Dom?

- I'm starting to wonder if our coaching and development is just that bad again after Morris, or Dom cannot evaluate talent properly. George Selvie, ladies and gentlemen, did not even get a chance to make it to Training Camp. He was a beast last night for Dallas and impressed all preseason. Yet, we keep a guy like Jeff Demps, whos top priority is track over football? LOL .

After Schiano preaches accountability, I've lost respect for this organization on that decision. Maybe Winslow, Parker and Michael Bennett, all 3 former bucs, were right about this organization.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucstopshere


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 13577
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I'm starting to wonder if our coaching and development is just that bad again after Morris, or Dom cannot evaluate talent properly. George Selvie, ladies and gentlemen, did not even get a chance to make it to Training Camp. He was a beast last night for Dallas and impressed all preseason. Yet, we keep a guy like Jeff Demps, whos top priority is track over football? LOL .

After Schiano preaches accountability, I've lost respect for this organization on that decision. Maybe Winslow, Parker and Michael Bennett, all 3 former bucs, were right about this organization.


I'm beginning to think that Schiano had a bit of a fluke year with offensive success like Morris.

If we don't have a winning record do we give him another shot? I want a coach with NFL pedigree darn it. Honestly I wonder if Gruden would ever accept a job back with us...

I know we are at week 1, lets calm it down but this year has looked far from pretty
_________________

#TradeUpForTeddy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
He Hate Me


Joined: 02 Apr 2006
Posts: 10231
Location: Unconquered Territory
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ready to throw Freeman under the bus before Schiano at this point.
_________________


Props to Eggy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 6790
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me say this, the lack of preperation in TC and Preseason and they looked sluggish from the start, is there really confidence that this team finds an "ON" Switch?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tml_gogo


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 13153
Location: Montréal
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Let me say this, the lack of preperation in TC and Preseason and they looked sluggish from the start, is there really confidence that this team finds an "ON" Switch?


No. That's the whole point of the preseason and training camp, to work out the kinks and practice. We did neither.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
5nick5


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1222
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
So finally watching the whole game now. I want to post my thoughts as I go along...So far im through the first quarter.

-We need Nicks back bad, no push from LG spot and Zuttah isnt moving anyone.

-Anyone else think we should have possibly drafted Schwenke at C? Im not sold on Zuttah, too many bad snaps STILL...That safety was on him.

-Freeman looked impressive through first couple drives. I see two drops. Listen I know we all want a QB but it's what we got right now. Next week will be a big test to see how he bounces back and against a team that he shredded for career numbers last year.

-We should drop one of our 4 rb's and go get Connor. Not having a FB kills Martin.

-Our number 1 priority after QB should be a TE. Im so done with Stocker

-STOP the 3 man RUSH crap. Im beyond sick of this. If we do it we should have a spy. Saw Geno take off in the first and I know when he scrambled and got hit by David it was a three man rush. UGHHGHG


1. We need Nicks back to get this run game going and hopefully to give Freeman a little more time back there so he's not constantly getting abused like he was throughout the pre-season and yesterday.

2. I've thought this for awhile. Zuttah is a good depth guy that you can slide into a G or C spot if somebody is injured, but we need a true center there. That should be a priority going into next season, it's a little to late now.

3. There were a lot of drops and a lot of pressure that cost Freeman. I really don't think he played that bad of a game given the circumstances. What I am concerned about is that all of his production came from Jackson and Williams, which is great since we know those 2 guys are worth the money dished out to them, but we need a 3rd and 4th receiving option.

4. Really, we used Leonard like once yesterday. I like the talent at RB, but we could either drop one of them or maybe one our plethora of ineffective TEs. Michael Robinson and John Conner are out there, two true FBs that I think are better than Lorig.

5. I'm excited for Tom Crabtree to come back and that's not a good thing. Stocker really brings nothing to the table and Byham is just a blocker. Part of me wants to see Tim Wright get some more action at TE next week if Crabtree still isn't ready. He got a roster spot for a reason, let's see what he's got. I wonder whatever happened to Kellen Davis working out with us. Did we not like him or what? Maybe now Schiano and Dom realize that he's better than any other option at that position.

6. I'm so sick and tired of these damn stunts and 3-4 man rushes. I wish we were a team that had the talent to get to the QB with a 3 or 4 man rush, but we don't. We need to blitz, blitz, and keep blitzing. Our LBs struggle in coverage but can get after the QB like nobody's business. The great teams work to their strengths to cover up their weaknesses; we keep trying things we aren't good at like stunts, 4 man rushes, and trying to emphasize coverage over pass rush and the results show us. If we blitz we have cover guys that are good enough to keep the receivers in check for a couple of seconds, but like people have been saying all off-season, if you can't get to the QB, all that money invested in the secondary doesn't mean much.

We got some things to work on and the good things is they're fixable. The bad thing is, the only coaches I don't hate on this staff are Sullivan, Cox, and Schiano. And Schiano needs to stop being so stubborn and work with the pieces that he's got. I know he loves to run the ball down the defenses throat, but when it's not working and your without Nicks, you need to run more draw plays and play action. When the stunts aren't working and you're only getting pressure on Geno when you blitz, you need to stop running stunts and start calling blitzes. I believe we should be rushing at least 5 defenders 90% of the time.
_________________


Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tml_gogo


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 13153
Location: Montréal
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are all issues that should have been figured out during the preseason, not wasting time and running 4 plays on offense or whatever that crap they said was.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calibucsfan


Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Posts: 3104
Location: Los Angeles CA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking thru my twitter feed and I see this....so were really getting flamed after one week lol?

https://twitter.com/Bucs_Nation/statuses/377218736887177216
_________________

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group