Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

THE College Football Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
God that was upsetting. A perfect showcase that turnovers kill. Elite Defense can only do so much.

I still can't believe that game. Florida's defense (save one pass play) was money, but your offense was brutal. Driskel is horrible. And Miami? Good God, that team is really bad.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Longhorns fired our DC today.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/9/8/4706960/manny-diaz-texas-defensive-coordinator-fired

Mack Brown you are here by places on notice as well!!

Here's the problem: you just replaced Diaz with a coordinator who is worse than he was in Greg Robinson. As a Michigan man, I can promist you that you'll passionately hate him. The moment the 3-3-5 defense is implemented is the moment you'll want him fired.

Plus, the problem isn't your coordinators. It's Mack Brown and his clear inability to coach. He expects his coordinators to carry all of the load while he reaps all of the rewards.

Northland wrote:
textaz03

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
Longhorns fired our DC today.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/9/8/4706960/manny-diaz-texas-defensive-coordinator-fired

Mack Brown you are here by places on notice as well!!

Here's the problem: you just replaced Diaz with a coordinator who is worse than he was in Greg Robinson. As a Michigan man, I can promist you that you'll passionately hate him. The moment the 3-3-5 defense is implemented is the moment you'll want him fired.

Plus, the problem isn't your coordinators. It's Mack Brown and his clear inability to coach. He expects his coordinators to carry all of the load while he reaps all of the rewards.
oh I dont like Robinson at all. Never really have.

And you are correct on Mack Brown!! I have wanted him gone for the last 3 years! His biggest inability as of late is the lack of recruiting and holding onto those top recruits that he does get. We have lost alot of 4 and 5 star recruits in the last 3 years it's pathetic!

Follow that up, with his inability to find a decent QB. It all started with Gilbert. There was a report out this past week that RGIII, McCarron and Manziel all wanted to go to Texas but Mack Brown was dead set on Gilbert, Chase McCoy and now David Ash at those times. Huge mistakes on Mack Browns part!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
God that was upsetting. A perfect showcase that turnovers kill. Elite Defense can only do so much.

I still can't believe that game. Florida's defense (save one pass play) was money, but your offense was brutal. Driskel is horrible. And Miami? Good God, that team is really bad.

I was in shock for a good 30 mins after that game. Had to eat a LOT of crow. 6 Turnovers, 4 of which were in the Redzone. It was heart breaking.

And yes, it's been a long time coming for Mack Brown to step down. He is more of a hindrance than anything. Have him be a fundraiser with the boosters and get a young and hungry coach. If they could get Coach Strong in the Big 12...that would be aamazing hire for them!

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back when Bielema was hired as the Head Hog, I predicted that Alex Collins would be SEC newcomer of the year as well as a 1st Team Freshman All American. So far, so good. After 2 games, Collins is 4th in the nation in rushing yards. He has 303 yards on 45 carries with 1 TD. This kid is going to be scary good, if he can stay healthy.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Back when Bielema was hired as the Head Hog, I predicted that Alex Collins would be SEC newcomer of the year as well as a 1st Team Freshman All American. So far, so good. After 2 games, Collins is 4th in the nation in rushing yards. He has 303 yards on 45 carries with 1 TD. This kid is going to be scary good, if he can stay healthy.

Just wait until the Hogs have fully adjusted to the Barry Alvarez RB system. Bielema made a perfect running system even better. You'll know when that team has gelled. The results will be staggering, both for your RBs and for your o-linemen. It'll make you want to cry tears of joy every time the ball is snapped.

Northland wrote:
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
htfryar wrote:

Just wait until the Hogs have fully adjusted to the Barry Alvarez RB system. Bielema made a perfect running system even better. You'll know when that team has gelled. The results will be staggering, both for your RBs and for your o-linemen. It'll make you want to cry tears of joy every time the ball is snapped.

I know it will be better when it's fully implemented, but it's hard to imagine. The way the training staff transformed Petrino's pass blocking OL into an OL that has produced 2 100 yards rushers in both of the 1st 2 games is amazing.

Homer Simpson wrote:
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
htfryar wrote:

I know it will be better when it's fully implemented, but it's hard to imagine. The way the training staff transformed Petrino's pass blocking OL into an OL that has produced 2 100 yards rushers in both of the 1st 2 games is amazing.

Don't get too comfy with Bielema ht. Once Iowa fires Ferentz, they will be asking their boy to come home.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
htfryar wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
htfryar wrote:

Don't get too comfy with Bielema ht. Once Iowa fires Ferentz, they will be asking their boy to come home.

Which is crazy because 3-5 years ago I was all about Ferentz.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
JWingate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this where we talk about the Eagles gimmicky offense that is going to get crushed week 2?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
htfryar wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
htfryar wrote:

Which is crazy because 3-5 years ago I was all about Ferentz.

It is crazy and at least for me a little hard to wrap my mind around.

You have to give some wiggle room to him due to the fact that Iowa isn't and never will be a recruiting hotbed, but he's now posted a 20-20 record over the past 3+ seasons. This coming on the heels of a $90M renovation to Kinnick Stadium and a soon to be opening $55M football complex. Add to it his $3.8M/yr contract and the ends don't fit the means.

I should mention that the Bielema comment was made mostly in jest. Ferentz has a contract that going to make it very difficult to fire him at least for a few more years. As it stands now, Ferentz would walk away with nearly $17M if fired. Odds of that happening are pretty slim.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking forward to the Alabama / A&M game for a long time. This is gunna be fun (hopefully).
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Opening drive did not disappoint. A&M made that look easy. Real easy.
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkansas Razorback freshman RB Alex Collins is the first RB in SEC history to go over 100 yards rushing in each of his first 3 games. That's impressive! WPS!

Homer Simpson wrote:
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Wow. Opening drive did not disappoint. A&M made that look easy. Real easy.

Yeah, did not take them long to score.

^^^mack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 5 of 35

Jump to: