Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week One: 5 Ups....Endless Downs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
In Denver, Brown is the 4th WR.
With the way Decker played on Thursday, that's arguable

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
UP:

1. Troy Polamalu - He is healthy and made some nice plays.
2. Ryan Clark - He battled the whole game despite getting banged up.
3. AFC North went 0 for Week 1.
4. Contained Chris Johnson - They held him to under three yards a carry.
5. Zoltan Mesko - He wasn't bad.

DOWN:

1. Turnovers - Stunning how the game turned on Redman's fumble. The Titans gained a ton of momentum there and the Steelers offense never recovered. Roethlisberger's interception led to the Titans only TD of the game.
2. Injuries - I know DD feels bad but that was just an inexcusable play by him. I'm not sure what he was doing or thinking but now the Steelers are without their Pro-Bowl center for the rest of the year thanks to a careless play. Foote is done too. Allen sprained his ankle and LSH hurt his knee. The injuries just added salt to the wound.
3. Running game - It would be nice if they had one. No run blocking and Redman was a joke back there. It was a disaster right from the beginning.
4. No big plays on defense - Once again they were unable to provide a turnover for the offense. On the crucial fourth down play during the Titans TD drive both Foote and Timmons weren't able to tackle the runner behind the LOS.
5. Down list deja vu - Basically I could have just got an old thread last year and put it up because it's the same stuff over and over again.

We are going to have a long season if the running game continues to fail. It's high time we listen to big ben and give him a big target..Eli got his, Rivers got his....Peyton got two even brady got his (although both gone) .....why not Ben? Im don't with all the excuses made for Todd Haley..he is done. We gotta fix this line..quick.
The steelers have decent wrs, what struggled was protection. Particularly up the middle, which is the worst place for the pressure to come from. It was clear all preseason this was a problem- even when Pouncey was healthy- and the Titans game plan was to expose the interior of the Steelers OL.

That's also why they struggled to run the ball. DeCastro and Foster are better than they've shown so far his year, I have no clue whey they are struggling.

Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Cotchery and Markus Wheaton are a reliable core of WRs.

Brown is just a year removed from a 69 catch, 1108 season, Sanders was solid except for a few fumbles last year and he didn't even start all year long, Cotchery is a reliable slot WR and Markus Wheaton has good speed and a good route runner. But not great speed or an elite route runner.

The WRs are fine, once Miller is back in there will be another weapon at TE.

Ben just needs time to find them, he needs the interior of the OL to do a better job

I agree...but you have to understand my frame of mind..I don't want a reliable core of WRs...I want A dominating core of WRs... Brown is great..in Denver he is a great 2nd WR...here he is an all star..i want size and speed and playmaking ability even when the line does suck..I don't want to fix our problems and wait for other short comings to appear..i want to dominate. We do have to fix this line though..pronto. and Pouncey getting injured again..some people just have that bug..its time to get him some competiton at center. I know he has grea ability..but so did Ki jana Cater.
Well if they keep crapping the bed like yesterday, they could be selecting Jake Matthews or Marquise Lee in the top 10

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
UP:

1. Troy Polamalu - He is healthy and made some nice plays.
2. Ryan Clark - He battled the whole game despite getting banged up.
3. AFC North went 0 for Week 1.
4. Contained Chris Johnson - They held him to under three yards a carry.
5. Zoltan Mesko - He wasn't bad.

DOWN:

1. Turnovers - Stunning how the game turned on Redman's fumble. The Titans gained a ton of momentum there and the Steelers offense never recovered. Roethlisberger's interception led to the Titans only TD of the game.
2. Injuries - I know DD feels bad but that was just an inexcusable play by him. I'm not sure what he was doing or thinking but now the Steelers are without their Pro-Bowl center for the rest of the year thanks to a careless play. Foote is done too. Allen sprained his ankle and LSH hurt his knee. The injuries just added salt to the wound.
3. Running game - It would be nice if they had one. No run blocking and Redman was a joke back there. It was a disaster right from the beginning.
4. No big plays on defense - Once again they were unable to provide a turnover for the offense. On the crucial fourth down play during the Titans TD drive both Foote and Timmons weren't able to tackle the runner behind the LOS.
5. Down list deja vu - Basically I could have just got an old thread last year and put it up because it's the same stuff over and over again.

We are going to have a long season if the running game continues to fail. It's high time we listen to big ben and give him a big target..Eli got his, Rivers got his....Peyton got two even brady got his (although both gone) .....why not Ben? Im don't with all the excuses made for Todd Haley..he is done. We gotta fix this line..quick.
The steelers have decent wrs, what struggled was protection. Particularly up the middle, which is the worst place for the pressure to come from. It was clear all preseason this was a problem- even when Pouncey was healthy- and the Titans game plan was to expose the interior of the Steelers OL.

That's also why they struggled to run the ball. DeCastro and Foster are better than they've shown so far his year, I have no clue whey they are struggling.

Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Cotchery and Markus Wheaton are a reliable core of WRs.

Brown is just a year removed from a 69 catch, 1108 season, Sanders was solid except for a few fumbles last year and he didn't even start all year long, Cotchery is a reliable slot WR and Markus Wheaton has good speed and a good route runner. But not great speed or an elite route runner.

The WRs are fine, once Miller is back in there will be another weapon at TE.

Ben just needs time to find them, he needs the interior of the OL to do a better job

I agree...but you have to understand my frame of mind..I don't want a reliable core of WRs...I want A dominating core of WRs... Brown is great..in Denver he is a great 2nd WR...here he is an all star..i want size and speed and playmaking ability even when the line does suck..I don't want to fix our problems and wait for other short comings to appear..i want to dominate. We do have to fix this line though..pronto. and Pouncey getting injured again..some people just have that bug..its time to get him some competiton at center. I know he has grea ability..but so did Ki jana Cater.
Well if they keep crapping the bed like yesterday, they could be selecting Jake Matthews or Marquise Lee in the top 10

I would never cheer for this team to lose, but this honestly wouldnt necessarily be a bad thing.

The one thing this team is sorely lacking is playmakers on both sides of the ball....but especially on offense. We have Ben on offense and Troy on defense, but no one fears anyone else on those units (I will say that Woodley IMO could get back there....apparently refs shifted their attention from not calling holding on Harrison to not calling holding on Woodley)

If we finished top 10 though, I REALLY hope we would be in line for a quality LT.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
The36Bus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down:
1. Hood - He might be the worst 3-4 end in the NFL. Every play, when the ball is snapped he just stands up. He acts line an additional offensive lineman for the other team. Awful.

2. Foote - Watched him get man handled mulitple times. Its a blessing that he wont be playing again this year

3. Pass Rush - Or should I say lack thereof. This defense will get shredded by any team with a half decent quarterback.

4. Redman - Is there a worse runner in the league?

5. Offensive Line - The laughing stock of the league. I could call each of them out here but I'll just group all 5 of these fat pigs together. Ok, well I need to point out how much I hate Adams. He got pushed around like a baby.

6. LaRod SH - Sucks he got hurt but his running was terrible anyways. He only has a fraction more vision than Redman.

7. Zoltan - He is a lateral move at best from what we had.

8. Management - Unfortunately this is the biggest minus by far. Tomlin truly has no idea what he is doing. The only thing he knows is hyperboles. The personal we have worsens every year - Him and Colbert are one of the worst drafting tandems I've ever seen. Whichever one of these 2 is responsible for drafting Adams, Gilbert, Hood, Heyward ought to be fired immediately. Those 4 picks alone will set us back 3 years or more. I tend to blame Tomlin since Colbert drafted pretty well with Cowher. But hey at least they drafted Eddie La...o wait, they messed that one up too. Big minus to Todd Haley as well. Thanks for creating Ben O'Donnell. Perhaps its all stemming down from Art the second - isnt he that wanted a more traditional ground and pound team? Well, in the modern NFL thats a joke. Fire yourself Art.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The36Bus wrote:
Down:
1. Hood - He might be the worst 3-4 end in the NFL. Every play, when the ball is snapped he just stands up. He acts line an additional offensive lineman for the other team. Awful.

2. Foote - Watched him get man handled mulitple times. Its a blessing that he wont be playing again this year

3. Pass Rush - Or should I say lack thereof. This defense will get shredded by any team with a half decent quarterback.

4. Redman - Is there a worse runner in the league?

5. Offensive Line - The laughing stock of the league. I could call each of them out here but I'll just group all 5 of these fat pigs together. Ok, well I need to point out how much I hate Adams. He got pushed around like a baby.

6. LaRod SH - Sucks he got hurt but his running was terrible anyways. He only has a fraction more vision than Redman.

7. Zoltan - He is a lateral move at best from what we had.

8. Management - Unfortunately this is the biggest minus by far. Tomlin truly has no idea what he is doing. The only thing he knows is hyperboles. The personal we have worsens every year - Him and Colbert are one of the worst drafting tandems I've ever seen. Whichever one of these 2 is responsible for drafting Adams, Gilbert, Hood, Heyward ought to be fired immediately. Those 4 picks alone will set us back 3 years or more. I tend to blame Tomlin since Colbert drafted pretty well with Cowher. But hey at least they drafted Eddie La...o wait, they messed that one up too. Big minus to Todd Haley as well. Thanks for creating Ben O'Donnell. Perhaps its all stemming down from Art the second - isnt he that wanted a more traditional ground and pound team? Well, in the modern NFL thats a joke. Fire yourself Art.

The same Lacey that fumbled and only had 40 yds rushing! Gotcha!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:

Yep, that one. The one, Frankly, I don't think is going to live up to the hype.

Think about this for a second, so far, how many Alabama RBs have?

Not very many...the book is still out on Trent, Ingram really hasn't blossomed, Shaun Alexander maybe?

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
Jarvis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
I'm not even sure what to say.

I tried to politely tell you I was very bearish on the Steelers and I was blasted for overreacting to the Steelers. I do not overreact. I am meticulous and analytical in every decision I make. When I said in April the Pirates would be better than the Steelers was that overreacting? It was an absolutely asinine comment at the time in that in 20 years the Pirates haven't been good.

Well, look at me now

Since the Steelers should've won this game as it is the easiest on the schedule, I will be forced to reduce my prediction to 5-11. Mark it down 43, TOP 10 PICK GUARANTEED. You wanna save that or just tote around "The Steelers won't draft a WR until day three". You know day three is the fourth round and they drafted Wheaton rd 3 and had serious debate to take Shamarko in that spot.

I would say the lone positive is Jarvis Jones. Maybe Troy as well.

I'lll leave you with one last soundbite. Not only will the Browns worst-case scenario go 1-1 with us, they'll finish ahead of us in the division. Wink

Apparently selective self aggrandizing is a great trait to have.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Steelers failed to get a single first down in the third quarter. Failure by the coaches to make halftime adjustments.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis wrote:
chrisororke wrote:
I'm not even sure what to say.

I tried to politely tell you I was very bearish on the Steelers and I was blasted for overreacting to the Steelers. I do not overreact. I am meticulous and analytical in every decision I make. When I said in April the Pirates would be better than the Steelers was that overreacting? It was an absolutely asinine comment at the time in that in 20 years the Pirates haven't been good.

Well, look at me now

Since the Steelers should've won this game as it is the easiest on the schedule, I will be forced to reduce my prediction to 5-11. Mark it down 43, TOP 10 PICK GUARANTEED. You wanna save that or just tote around "The Steelers won't draft a WR until day three". You know day three is the fourth round and they drafted Wheaton rd 3 and had serious debate to take Shamarko in that spot.

I would say the lone positive is Jarvis Jones. Maybe Troy as well.

I'lll leave you with one last soundbite. Not only will the Browns worst-case scenario go 1-1 with us, they'll finish ahead of us in the division. Wink

Apparently selective self aggrandizing is a great trait to have.

Thats all he does...then runs away and doesnt own up when he is wrong.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Not very many...the book is still out on Trent, Ingram really hasn't blossomed, Shaun Alexander maybe?

Lacey did have a nice play on a screen pass, but other then that is wasn't very impressive.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
In Denver, Brown is the 4th WR.

Is there a point to this? The Broncos have a WR situation few teams have.

Brown IMO isnt a true number 1, but he is a quality 2.

Thats the problem though, we dont have a true 1. And without Heath or a running game, its even worse.

Normally you will research before making that baseless question. That was a response to someone saying Brown would be a starter over Decker and Welker. Or do you agree that Antonio could start over those two? I am curious.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I wonder if the Steelers might consider a trade for Evan Royster if their lack of a running game keeps up. I know it's mostly the interior blocking that was horrible and Redman had no where to go but I think Royster can be an upgrade.

In 2011 he started the past two games for the Redskins and went over 100 YDs vs the Vikings and Eagles. This year in the preseason he was the Redskins leading rusher in both preseason games he played in and he's a great fit for the ZBS blocking system.

Dude is trash!
In 2011 he ran for 132 yds vs the Vikings and 113 yds vs the Eagles in back to back weeks.

Washington has a great system and good OL...something we lack.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the question do I think he could right now? Or he could grow into a starter over them?

The former, no, to the latter, yes.

I'm not saying he is better necessarily, I think AB is very talented and is an excellent #2 WR. I'm also a little bias in favor of AB.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Lacey did have a nice play on a screen pass, but other then that is wasn't very impressive.

Lacey is on a passing team and they played the 49ers who are what we used to be both offensively and defensively. I'm jealous Embarassed

Steeler Hitman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a little more than 24 hours to let yesterday's game settle in and move onto the Bengals on Sunday.

5 Up

1. LaMaar Woodley - - Ran after the QB like 2010 or someone said free buffet at Jake Locker. Shocked Shocked Very Happy

2. Skip McClendon - - Good all around game at NG penetrating on runs and the few pass plays he was in for.

3. Troy Polamalu - - Good overall game disrupting the Titans.

4. Antonio Brown - - played a good overall game. One of the better offensive performers in this dud of a game.

5. William Gay - - Shocked Yeah! I'm giving Gay some props. He did a decent job filling in for Allen and playing the nickel earlier. He tipped two balls that our not-so-opportunistic defense let hit the ground.

5 Down

1. Todd Haley - - I thought this would be a great signing, but the adjustment period is taking wayyyy too long. Speaking of adjustments, it would be nice if Todd made some during a game. The Steelers would probably be more effective on O letting Ben play the hurry-up O more.

2. Isaac Redman - - I was a supporter of Redman, but he looked very unprepared to play. You absolutely cannot fumble in the redzone. The game probably goes a lot different if the Titans are down 9 or 10 - 0.

3. Big Ben - - I am probably Ben's biggest fan, but he did not eem to have his head in this one (especially after Pouncey went down). As an E-L-I-T-E QB, he is expected to lift his team. He has on many other occasions, but coming off of three or four straight losses at the end of last year, missing the play-offs and going 0 - 4 this preseason, I expected a big game from Big Ben. In his defense, it is hard to lead your team from your back with three DL's on top of you.

4. Cortez Allen - - Holy smokes kid can we keep you out of the damn trainer's office. He is a tremendous talent, but he can't stay healthy.

5. The injuries to Pouncey, Foote and LS-H.

Honorable mention to David DeCastro. Friendly fire injury to Pouncey was nuts. He would've been fined had he connected with a Titan. The NFL needs to outlaw that kind of cut blocking anyway.

Thanks for the Sig CalhounLambeau!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: