Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1 Post Game Thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positives: I personally thought the defense was above average. They were on the field far too much, and it hurt them but thats not their fault. I think mundy is an awesome in the box safety, but we need to bring in a cover S or wait for the pot head (will hill). Connor was fine and should be back next week. Ross looked decent to on dez. But still prince needs to come back.
On offense we have a monster WR core that played very good corners tonight and seemed to have their way with them. Cruz was great as were randle and nicks(who needs to be resigned ill say it until it happens we need to keep this core intact). myers looked strong in the end and will find his role. Pugh was solid.
NEGATIVES: CALL A VET BACK NOW. hopefully wells willis or turner. Thats all ill say so no one throws up. Coughlin wouldn't commit to a starter next week. Eli was borderline. He needs baas back to get brewer the hell out. Plus as one of gilbrides biggest fan(sarcasm). Play calling was to blame as well. Too many screens AS USUAL THAT FLAT OUT DONT WORK ON THIS TEAM AND THEY NEVER HAD. In crunch time way to many plays were geared towards Scott, while those seam passes were working like a charm.

LOOKING FORWARD: I know your all thinking great now denver. Im looking at it glass half full. We should be able to throw all day on them especially if champ sits again. Their d-line was nothing special against Baltimore, and their running game is nothing to be feared. ...but then there's that passing attack. If prince is healthy and can line up with d thomas we have a shot. Webster can deal with decker. Then put safety help on either Thomas or welker. TT is improving and looks great in my opinion. And dont forget ross and hosley. This secondary has hope next week.
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty amazing how banged up our defense is. Two best defensive backs out. Best LB out (only one that's worth a lick). Best d-lineman less than 100%. Ugh I hate you for knocking Prince out, Mundy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: Week 1 Post Game Thoughts Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:

Bradshaw had to be brought back. It was a mistake letting him go.

1) arguable

2) he's not even in game shape since he had yet ANOTHER foot/ankle operation so how exactly would he have changed anything tonight?

He played today.

We desperately need that guy in pass protection and taking those little slip screens that Scott handed to the other team. We have him, we win this game.
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turner is done guys. Hes got nothing left. And I think he had a DUI last offseason.

Beanie Wells, Leon, Brandon Jacobs, McGahee.. anything is better than him.
56GiantPens66

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Week 1 Post Game Thoughts Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
dkebones wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:

1) arguable

2) he's not even in game shape since he had yet ANOTHER foot/ankle operation so how exactly would he have changed anything tonight?

you know bradshaw played today right?

7 carries for 26 and 13 yds. on one rush.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:
Turner is done guys. Hes got nothing left. And I think he had a DUI last offseason.

My support is on McGahee. He can be the every down back and give Wilson carries here and there as a switch up. It's obvious Wilson is not ready to be the every down back. If you can't pass block you can't be on the field.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:

My support is on McGahee. He can be the every down back and give Wilson carries here and there as a switch up. It's obvious Wilson is not ready to be the every down back. If you can't pass block you can't be on the field.

Sign me up!
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't McGahee he have a fumble issue?

I dont know who I want. I know Beanie ran well against us in the past. I got a feeling he might steal the spot.
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BJ is coming back... Just a hunch Wink

^Joe_is_the_best
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night's game made me want to vomit with rage. David Wilson was the worst player on the field. Dallas was banged up on their d line and the Giants couldn't take advantage because they couldn't hold onto the ball.

It's weird to say, but if the Giants had turned the ball over a mere FOUR times they would've won. Sheesh.

If the Colts had knocked me out of the survivor pool I would've been a very unhappy camper Laughing
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But hat's off to the defense. They were routinely put into bad positions and they stopped the bleeding more often than not. The pass rush should get better as the season goes along.

Andre Brown getting hurt in the fourth preseason game Mad
dkebones

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 1 Post Game Thoughts Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
dkebones wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:

1) arguable

you know bradshaw played today right?

he had 7 touches... ironically, the same amount that Wilson had Laughing
dkebones

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shout out to Aaron Ross. i thought he played a good game with a few PDs. i thought the PI call over Dez's back was borderline (though i believe non-issue because we got those back-to-back sacks). but then again, the rules do everything they can to take the DB out of the game, so...

easier to watch him the second time around with no more "we spent WHAT round pick on this guy.....?!?!?" stigma attached Laughing
kitchenbags

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously I am upset about the turn out we had last night but putting things in perspective to still be in the game after 5 turnovers shows what this team can actually do.

Nothing really went our way the whole night, it'll be interesting to see how we come out against the broncos.

Knowing the Giants they'll lay an egg
Acgott

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
shout out to Aaron Ross. i thought he played a good game with a few PDs. i thought the PI call over Dez's back was borderline (though i believe non-issue because we got those back-to-back sacks). but then again, the rules do everything they can to take the DB out of the game, so...

easier to watch him the second time around with no more "we spent WHAT round pick on this guy.....?!?!?" stigma attached Laughing

I thought the secondary played really with getting little help from the pass rush. T2 was slow but that should be expected. Hopefully he works out his two years of rust

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: