Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4 reasons Why Pat White made the team
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several teams we play this year will run some read option!!! I think they like having White around, so they can practices against the option. If they could have put him on the PS, I believe they would have! I think he will be caut after the buy when we need to make room for Jenkins/Jackson. Im happy for Pat....He gets to live his dream a little longer, and Im sure he is greatful!
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest reason the Skins kept Pat White is that he would have been picked up if we'd let him go. He improved dramatically all offseason. Proving (to me at least) that ol' Skippy McBouncepass could have had a stellar few seasons in DC had he actually allowed Kyle and Mike to teach him a few things.

We couldn't afford to lose a guy who can play Vick in practice all week before we play the Eagles and who can play Kaep before our Monday night game against the 9ers. He is too valuable to ANY team who plays against an Option QB. So the eniter NFC West, East and South would be interested in his services. As would the AFC East (if the Bills run the option). Now, Vince Young is available if teams really want to pick up a fastish Option QB to practice against. But he is a vested Vet (4+ years in the leage means your entire salary for the year becomes guaranteed if you are on the roster come opening day) and because he would cost more than a Practice QB is worth. White is the PERFECT practice Option QB, Cheap, non-guaranteed contract who learned enough to actually make the team. I am really impressed because I thought he was canp fodder once RGIII was back on his knee.

The Skins also couldn't gamble on ONLY keeping White because the Bills and Jets would have picked Wrecks GrossMan up in a HEARTBEAT after losing their first string QBs and finding out their second and third stringers SUCK.

We also couldn't afford to start the season with only Wrecks as a 3rd backup because RGIII hasn't played a snap on his new terminator knees and Kirk has a mid foot sprain. So rolling with 4 QBs for the opening week is worth it.

Lastly, Mike and Kyle have CONSISTANTLY said that they "Keep the 53 best palyers" and apparently that's true. Because nobody keeps 4 QBs. A few years ago they kept 9 WRs (or was it 8?). I like that they aim for tallent and let the tallent speak for itself on the field.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Several teams we play this year will run some read option!!! I think they like having White around, so they can practices against the option. If they could have put him on the PS, I believe they would have! I think he will be caut after the buy when we need to make room for Jenkins/Jackson. Im happy for Pat....He gets to live his dream a little longer, and Im sure he is greatful!

I doubt White would have cleared waivers to make the PS even if he were eligible. the Giants were interested in him before we nabbed him in the offseason and (as I said above) White would be in high demand from other teams without a 2nd or 3rd QB who could simulate an Option QB.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfanLA wrote:
The biggest reason the Skins kept Pat White is that he would have been picked up if we'd let him go. He improved dramatically all offseason. Proving (to me at least) that ol' Skippy McBouncepass could have had a stellar few seasons in DC had he actually allowed Kyle and Mike to teach him a few things.

We couldn't afford to lose a guy who can play Vick in practice all week before we play the Eagles and who can play Kaep before our Monday night game against the 9ers. He is too valuable to ANY team who plays against an Option QB. So the eniter NFC West, East and South would be interested in his services. As would the AFC East (if the Bills run the option). Now, Vince Young is available if teams really want to pick up a fastish Option QB to practice against. But he is a vested Vet (4+ years in the leage means your entire salary for the year becomes guaranteed if you are on the roster come opening day) and because he would cost more than a Practice QB is worth. White is the PERFECT practice Option QB, Cheap, non-guaranteed contract who learned enough to actually make the team. I am really impressed because I thought he was canp fodder once RGIII was back on his knee.

The Skins also couldn't gamble on ONLY keeping White because the Bills and Jets would have picked Wrecks GrossMan up in a HEARTBEAT after losing their first string QBs and finding out their second and third stringers SUCK.

We also couldn't afford to start the season with only Wrecks as a 3rd backup because RGIII hasn't played a snap on his new terminator knees and Kirk has a mid foot sprain. So rolling with 4 QBs for the opening week is worth it.

Lastly, Mike and Kyle have CONSISTANTLY said that they "Keep the 53 best palyers" and apparently that's true. Because nobody keeps 4 QBs. A few years ago they kept 9 WRs (or was it 8?). I like that they aim for tallent and let the tallent speak for itself on the field.
2011 they kept 7 wrs, which yes, it was unheard of. Even last year they kept 6, which was rare.

I wonder if Briscoe hadn't gotten hurt if he would have made it over White. I guess we'll never know...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: