Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks roster cutdowns: FB Robinson, CB Winfield, TE Konz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
I'd be ecstatic with either ASJ or Lyerla on this team. I love the way both prospects play and am very open to the idea of using a 1st on either.
Im just hoping Willson becomes a weapon and than I'm not sure Lyerla makes a ton of sense

My feeling is that Willson will be a very nice role player and receiving valve for this team, but he's never going to be a guy teams are afraid of. Of course it'll come down to what the team foresees with Zach Millers tenure, but if they are looking to replace him ASJ and Lyerla would be two of the best all around prospects we could possibly get. Those 2 guys WILL be players that teams fear.

Call me crazy (and I'm sure you will), but I feel there's a decent chance in a couple years for teams to be saying his name when discussing players they make sure to account for. With that said, I still feel TE is a need. Zach Miller is one of my favorite TE's in the league (was before he came to Seattle as well), but with how we use TE's, he's being paid a lot. He's valuable to this team, but if he won't restructure and we can get one of the young, versatile TE's in the draft, we may need to move on so that money can be used to keep someone more vital to this team.

Lyerla could be moved around ALL over the field and he can block. Willson's speed could make him pretty versatile too IMO and Miller (if he's not costing us an arm and a leg) is the well rounded, hard working vet for the others to learn from.

Replacing Sidney Rice (or again, trying to restructure) would be cool too if we could get Coleman or Mike Evans. I'd trade up to make it happen as our offense would be insane in terms of weapons aside from the O-Line upgrade we could use.

QB: Wilson
RB: Lynch & Michael [Turbin on 3rd Downs]
FB: Whoever, Ware? (Reese in FA would be schweet!)
WR: Sidney Rice, Mike Evans, Percy Harvin, Doug Baldwin & Jermaine Kearse
TE: Zach Miller, Colt Lyerla & Luke Willson

I'm dreaming though...and there's a huge 'cloud' in my room.
Officer Ricky

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is we would probably need to trade up to even have a chance at Lyerla.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Officer Ricky wrote:

Not necessarily. I mean, the talent is there for him to go pretty high, but the production isn't and many times it seems, GM's don't want to gamble high in the draft which leads to players who tend to fall, but become studs in the league. It wouldn't take very many "Ruskell" type moves ahead of us for him to reach our spot IMO. Lots of variables though...
SoS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie, I won't call ya crazy, Willson has shown some upper level separation skills this preseason. Like I said, it's all feeling, but I see more of a role player than I do a go-to player. His route running still needs some work and he really doesn't play that big.

Ricky, I don't really see that being the case. I certainly don't see Lyerla going top 20 with his character concerns and lack of production. Anything after pick 20 shouldn't be too hard to trade up from pick 32 Wink
SoS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
Officer Ricky wrote:

Not necessarily. I mean, the talent is there for him to go pretty high, but the production isn't and many times it seems, GM's don't want to gamble high in the draft which leads to players who tend to fall, but become studs in the league. It wouldn't take very many "Ruskell" type moves ahead of us for him to reach our spot IMO. Lots of variables though...

Not only that, but TEs generally do not go that early in the draft. I could easily see a team looking for a receiving threat at TE preferring Eric Ebron.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: