Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aldon Smith, D. Walker allegedly fired weapon towards people
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
I think Aldon will get away with it on a technicality and/or a legal precedent. It's plausible to think he wasn't aware his weapons didn't comply with the state laws, when they were legal in another state.

Now my question is (remember, I'm canadian): What's the fascination with guns, guys? I never felt the urge to start a collection. I can understand the thrill of shooting, and I'd enjoy going to a shooting range and basically renting guns to shoot them in a safe environment. But it would never occur to me to keep one or more gun at home, or to think it's cool to have one. Is it overcompensation? I'm just wondering... I mean, my brother has a rifle and a crossbow, but that's for hunting. Aldon doesn't seem the hunter type. If someone told me Justin Smith owns guns, I'd say "Sure. The guy probably gets up at 5 in the morning, goes into the woods, shoots a deer and goes home with it on his shoulders." Outside of that, I just don't get it.

Let's not get into this discussion on the forum.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 28th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #26, Ottis Anderson: 183
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 877
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
I think Aldon will get away with it on a technicality and/or a legal precedent. It's plausible to think he wasn't aware his weapons didn't comply with the state laws, when they were legal in another state.

Now my question is (remember, I'm canadian): What's the fascination with guns, guys? I never felt the urge to start a collection. I can understand the thrill of shooting, and I'd enjoy going to a shooting range and basically renting guns to shoot them in a safe environment. But it would never occur to me to keep one or more gun at home, or to think it's cool to have one. Is it overcompensation? I'm just wondering... I mean, my brother has a rifle and a crossbow, but that's for hunting. Aldon doesn't seem the hunter type. If someone told me Justin Smith owns guns, I'd say "Sure. The guy probably gets up at 5 in the morning, goes into the woods, shoots a deer and goes home with it on his shoulders." Outside of that, I just don't get it.

Forgot about the rules. Sorry.

We can still discuss shotguns and pistols, right? Although I'm a purist, I still love me some singleback and I-Form.

Go Niners!

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More bad news ... I heard on the evening news that he was also selling drinks at the party. Acoording to the reporter that's illegal unless you have a liquor license. So we'll have to wait and see how this all shakes out.

I hope ALdon matures a little more quickly. Hate to see a young guy with such a promising future messing up like this.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
San Francisco 49ers' All-Pro Linebacker Aldon Smith and his former teammate, Delanie Walker, are facing another lawsuit.

Quote:
In the lawsuit filed for Reyes, he claims Smith and Walker knew of gang members at the party. It goes on to report during the course of the party, both players became aware that there were gang members and persons armed with weapons on the premises.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/smith-named-second-lawsuit-over-2012-house-party

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not as optimistic as some here regarding these lawsuits/charges. The DA is already getting pressure over the Ahmad Brooks case and some people are saying he's playing favorites to star athletes. His hand may be forced.

What the NFL will do about all this, I have no idea. Will they punish him immediately(unlikely considering it's taken this long already) or wait until the final verdict is reached? Even if the NFL does nothing, he could still face prison time, or at the very least, probation. What if his probation requires him to not leave the state of California? No road games for Aldon. Not to mention court dates, although it's unlikely that any of those dates would fall on a day or time he's playing a game. There is a lot of preparation involved with the lawyers before those dates, though.

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but it does have me a little worried.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
San Francisco 49ers' All-Pro Linebacker Aldon Smith and his former teammate, Delanie Walker, are facing another lawsuit.

Quote:
In the lawsuit filed for Reyes, he claims Smith and Walker knew of gang members at the party. It goes on to report during the course of the party, both players became aware that there were gang members and persons armed with weapons on the premises.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/smith-named-second-lawsuit-over-2012-house-party
My brother works these types of cases almost exclusively (civil cases pertaining to injury and damages) and he actually brought up an interesting point yesterday. There is not much chance anything comes of these cases if they go to court because the "victim(s)" knew the environment when they attended the party. If they know that Aldon knew "gang members" were attending, then they themselves knew and by attending created the dangerous situation for themselves. When I asked what he thought might happen, he said that while he isn't completely familiar with the details of this case he would be very surprised if it went to a judgment. Settlement in these cases is most likely because the plaintiff gets something out of it and the defendant saves money/time avoiding court proceedings.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could never be too sure, but I also think not much happens with the case itself. However, I'm more so worried about what Goodell will do.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

Forgot about the rules. Sorry.

We can still discuss shotguns and pistols, right? Although I'm a purist, I still love me some singleback and I-Form.

Go Niners!

Yes lets talk about our shotgun and pistols will hurt clay matthews this week Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: