Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nice article on Timmons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GridironWarrior

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Nice article on Timmons Reply with quote

Good read here.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1758511-pittsburgh-steelers-tale-of-the-tape-lawrence-timmons
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lack of recognition Timmons has received in his career is surprising. Steelers LB's tend to be rated highly, yet for some reason he's always been somewhat under the radar. I think he was lost in the shuffle with Woodley and Harrison.

If he gets paired with the right ILB, he is going to be even more effective. I've said this a few times this off-season, but he's at his best when allowed to attack the LOS. Even more effective than having him in coverage. Foote's limitations against the pass have to be hidden, so Lebeau blitzes him in many passing situations.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
The lack of recognition Timmons has received in his career is surprising. Steelers LB's tend to be rated highly, yet for some reason he's always been somewhat under the radar. I think he was lost in the shuffle with Woodley and Harrison.

If he gets paired with the right ILB, he is going to be even more effective. I've said this a few times this off-season, but he's at his best when allowed to attack the LOS. Even more effective than having him in coverage. Foote's limitations against the pass have to be hidden, so Lebeau blitzes him in many passing situations.

Its because he didnt hit his stride until 2010, and in 2011 was up and down because they made him play pretty much every spot in the LB corps due to injuries, despite the fact he has no business playing OLB in LeBeau's D.

Hopefully they learned that and keep him at ILB, regardless of any future injuries at OLB.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'll have a big year this year, but I believe next year he'll blow up. I really think Vince Williams is going to be a stud and it's going to allow Timmons to really step it up.

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

Its because he didnt hit his stride until 2010

Yeah, but even then he still gets unfairly ignored my the mainstream sports media. He was arguably the best or second best LB in the league in 2010 but didn't even get a starting pro-bowl selection.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Its because he didnt hit his stride until 2010

Yeah, but even then he still gets unfairly ignored my the mainstream sports media. He was arguably the best or second best LB in the league in 2010 but didn't even get a starting pro-bowl selection.

I just think Timmons was not used in his full capacity until 2010. Timmons is a ILB that can get 10 sacks. But since he doesn't have a counterpart that can keep him out of coverage he may never reach that plateau

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: