Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Falcons sign former Bucs OT Jeremy Trueblood; Cut Jones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
It seems that the rationale here is that TD doesn't place an interest in drafting OL/DL players in the first and 2nd rounds of the draft because of high bust potential?? I don't agree with that. For all the good things TD has done for this franchise in terms of drafting and FA pick ups, he has clearly shown that his talent for finding top end Dline and Oline players is not there.

Look at the Dline and Oline players he has drafted since 2008. How many have been to the pro-bowl or could even be considered a top 5 player at their position?? Sam Baker????? No way. He is an above average LT and that is all. Players like Jerry, Reynolds, Johnson, Hawley, Sidbury, Walker, etc just weren't impactful enough. The only player on the D-line that has performed past his expectations was Kroy. And I don't believe we have ever brought in a FA Olineman to start here. Dline FA in Ray Edwards was a complete failure.

This team has had a history of being sub-par in the trenches under TD. And the legacy continues. Will it change? It doesn't appear so right now. But to pretend like TD has not failed to secure this team with top level talent in the trenches is complete denial.

THIS.

Some of you guys' homerism is seriously laughable. Look at this from a nonbiased standpoint. Jerry was a complete whiff. He should've been cut a long time ago, but doing so would make TD look bad because Jerry was a first round draft pick. That and the fact that Smitty is known to be loyal to somewhat of a demise to his players. We have given Jerry every possible chance to "step up" and he has underwhelmed. He is gone next season. Holmes has looked atrocious, but okay I will give him some "time"... GSU- you're still missing my point. Stop letting your homerism affect your view on our trenches. Baker, if healthy is above average at best. You act like Baker is some elite LT or something? He isn't bad by no means when healthy, but stop blowing things out of proportion and claiming he is some superstar. TD needs to obtain more talent across the OL and DL this next offseason. Here's to hoping we did enough this year to make another deep playoff run. Again, you take it as me complaining, when in fact I am simply stating facts from a non-biased standpoint.

It has nothing to do with homerism. Im stating facts as well. Where did I ever call Baker elite, or even hint that he was? Seriously, point it out.

We dont have a top 10 player on either side, that doesnt mean the position was ignored or TD cant judge goold OL/DL talent. Youre the one trying to judge unknowns and say they were misses and the fact is we dont know yet. So dont say its unbiased cause its simply not.

Also, Jerry is not a complete whiff. Hes serviceable, obviously not up to expectations but not a complete bust. Another biased stand point.

You are seriously in denial if you think Jerry is not a whiff/bust/whatever you want to call it. I guess you're okay with a first rounder being "servicable" (MEDIOCRE at best). Me, I am not okay with that... and I'm sure I'm not the only Falcons fan who thinks Jerry is a waste of a first round pick and that TD completely whiffed on him. I thought Holmes was a reach when we drafted him. How much "time" should I give Holmes, GSU? TD has done a lot of great things for this organization, but at some point you gotta wonder why he has not done more to bolster our trenches when we are in Super Bowl-or-Bust mode.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHA Jerry isn't a bust??? Vance Walker was a serviceable DT. Where was he drafted? 7th round. You get serviceable DT's in the 3rd round or below. You need to be very good to not be a bust if you get drafted in the 1st. Sorry man but Jerry is a bust. But maybe he can fight that status this year. Maybe.....

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry is a total bust. It's unfortunate. Vance Walker was a better pick than Jerry was. And I think because of the success of Vance and Babs and Peters, that TD doesn't want to go with a 1st round DT again. (who can blame him?)

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
It seems that the rationale here is that TD doesn't place an interest in drafting OL/DL players in the first and 2nd rounds of the draft because of high bust potential?? I don't agree with that. For all the good things TD has done for this franchise in terms of drafting and FA pick ups, he has clearly shown that his talent for finding top end Dline and Oline players is not there.

Look at the Dline and Oline players he has drafted since 2008. How many have been to the pro-bowl or could even be considered a top 5 player at their position?? Sam Baker????? No way. He is an above average LT and that is all. Players like Jerry, Reynolds, Johnson, Hawley, Sidbury, Walker, etc just weren't impactful enough. The only player on the D-line that has performed past his expectations was Kroy. And I don't believe we have ever brought in a FA Olineman to start here. Dline FA in Ray Edwards was a complete failure.

This team has had a history of being sub-par in the trenches under TD. And the legacy continues. Will it change? It doesn't appear so right now. But to pretend like TD has not failed to secure this team with top level talent in the trenches is complete denial.

THIS.

Some of you guys' homerism is seriously laughable. Look at this from a nonbiased standpoint. Jerry was a complete whiff. He should've been cut a long time ago, but doing so would make TD look bad because Jerry was a first round draft pick. That and the fact that Smitty is known to be loyal to somewhat of a demise to his players. We have given Jerry every possible chance to "step up" and he has underwhelmed. He is gone next season. Holmes has looked atrocious, but okay I will give him some "time"... GSU- you're still missing my point. Stop letting your homerism affect your view on our trenches. Baker, if healthy is above average at best. You act like Baker is some elite LT or something? He isn't bad by no means when healthy, but stop blowing things out of proportion and claiming he is some superstar. TD needs to obtain more talent across the OL and DL this next offseason. Here's to hoping we did enough this year to make another deep playoff run. Again, you take it as me complaining, when in fact I am simply stating facts from a non-biased standpoint.

It has nothing to do with homerism. Im stating facts as well. Where did I ever call Baker elite, or even hint that he was? Seriously, point it out.

We dont have a top 10 player on either side, that doesnt mean the position was ignored or TD cant judge goold OL/DL talent. Youre the one trying to judge unknowns and say they were misses and the fact is we dont know yet. So dont say its unbiased cause its simply not.

Also, Jerry is not a complete whiff. Hes serviceable, obviously not up to expectations but not a complete bust. Another biased stand point.

You are seriously in denial if you think Jerry is not a whiff/bust/whatever you want to call it. I guess you're okay with a first rounder being "servicable" (MEDIOCRE at best). Me, I am not okay with that... and I'm sure I'm not the only Falcons fan who thinks Jerry is a waste of a first round pick and that TD completely whiffed on him. I thought Holmes was a reach when we drafted him. How much "time" should I give Holmes, GSU? TD has done a lot of great things for this organization, but at some point you gotta wonder why he has not done more to bolster our trenches when we are in Super Bowl-or-Bust mode.

Jerry isn't a complete whiff. That designation is for the maybins and gohlstons of the world. He is no doubt a miss as a 1st Roundrer but he can conttibute to a team. You stated he was on the team basically because rd didn't want to make himself look bad.

As far as Holmes goes, not sure how much longer you should give him... Just know it's longer than 4 preseason games.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

THIS.

Jerry isn't a complete whiff. That designation is for the maybins and gohlstons of the world. He is no doubt a miss as a 1st Roundrer but he can conttibute to a team. You stated he was on the team basically because rd didn't want to make himself look bad.

As far as Holmes goes, not sure how much longer you should give him... Just know it's longer than 4 preseason games.

OK, I will check back in in 3 weeks before the Patriots game on SNF. Like I said, I will be unable to watch these games so hopefully Holmes will do better than I expect him to do.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

THIS.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: