Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TE Delanie Walker allegedly fired weapon towards people

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: TE Delanie Walker allegedly fired weapon towards people Reply with quote

Quote:
San Francisco 49ers All-Pro linebacker Aldon Smith and his former teammate are named in a lawsuit filed Tuesday by a man who was shot at a party the NFL star hosted last year.

Ronndale Esporlas filed the lawsuit in Santa Clara County. The lawsuit claims Smith and former 49ers' tight end Delanie Walker repeatedly and illegally fired weapons on numerous occasions during the June 2012 party

Smith and his friends also charged $10 per person to enter the party, according to one of the victims.

Smith was stabbed at the party held in the East San Jose foothills.

The lawsuit also claims Smith and Walker consumed significant quantities of alcohol and were legally intoxicated. It also said the players knew the handguns were illegally possessed.

Smith and Walker appeared on the balcony of Smith's home to try and end the party and began to fire shots into the air, according to the lawsuit.

The lawsuit claims Walker then made his way to the driveway where he allegedly fired more shots into the air and toward others attending the party.

Smith's attorney was contacted Tuesday by NBC Bay Area but declined comment citing pending litigation.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/49ers-Aldon-Smith-Named-in-Lawsuit-Over-2012-Party-at-San-Jose-Home-222272671.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_BAYBrand

Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:22 am; edited 2 times in total
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not worried at all. As much as Walker does for the community with drunk driving, he's certainly not a worrisome player. Over a year ago? Nothing will come of this.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm skeptical anything will come of this.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good god the title scared me

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
Good god the title scared me

Me too. At least Billy could put the title in quotes so we knew it was only an allegation, not established fact.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
lamont

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show me the cell phone footage. Rolling Eyes
In this day and age, if this happened at a NFL player's home and the player and his fellow NFL teammate are firing shots off the balcony and in the driveway the cell phone footage would have been on TMZ.com within hours of the event. If I recall correctly it was several days before it came out that Smith was actually stabbed and I don't recall Walker's name being mentioned at all.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
VY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move on, nothing to see here....

Good lord hope this isn't true. Article could be a bit more clear as well. Was the guy shot, or shot at (in his direction)? Will be interesting to see what happens. If they settle out of court could see a suspension from Goodell for both Smith & Walker.
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe it and I won't believe it. Delanie Walker is a high character guy, and the fact that they didn't file the lawsuit until a year later makes me immediately question this entire accusation. My Adopt-A-Titan would never do this, and it's a shame that this story tries to put Delanie in a negative light.

Credit to Sandwich for the signature!
2014 Adopt-A-Titan: Delanie Walker & Taylor Lewan
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
Update and it doesn't look good: http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_24015642/
Quote:

SAN JOSE -- Only days before the start of the NFL season, the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office is leaning toward prosecuting San Francisco 49ers star linebacker Aldon Smith on charges of possessing illegal assault rifles -- charges that carry a range of possible punishments, from probation to three years in jail

Quote:

Smith bought the weapons in Arizona where they are legal, but allegedly failed to modify them to comply with California's stricter gun laws, sources familiar with the case said. The three guns were discovered by Santa Clara County sheriff's deputies after a house party hosted by Smith and his roommate last summer, during which the linebacker was stabbed and two partygoers were shot by gang members who crashed the party.

Quote:

Ballistics tests indicate that Esporlas and another man were not shot by Walker or Smith. Deputies have yet to identify the shooters in the ongoing investigation. But alleged gang member Steven Barda, 27, is in custody on charges of stabbing Smith, who sustained only minor wounds.

Update in the News forum.

Looks good for Delanie, bad for Aldon Smith.

The rifles were not Walker's and ballistic tests proved that he couldn't have shot the 2 guys that were wounded.

Worst case scenario he gets in trouble for firing the gun I imagine. Though at this point I'm not sure there is any proof of that happening.

Adopt-A-Titan:
VY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
Worst case scenario he gets in trouble for firing the gun I imagine. Though at this point I'm not sure there is any proof of that happening.

I think his punishment would come from Goodell at most... and we all know Roger doesn't need actual proof to suspend someone.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:

I think his punishment would come from Goodell at most... and we all know Roger doesn't need actual proof to suspend someone.

True. Seems like this whole situation is more Aldon than Delanie though. And Delanie is seen as a high character guy around the league and that plays a role in Goodell suspensions imo.

Adopt-A-Titan:
coleman51

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thing is, where are the police reports?

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: