Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins sign former Eagles 1st round pick OL Danny Watkins
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiaDolphan13 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Can't hurt I guess. This coaching staff has been trying to replace John Jerry for two years.

I dont think Jerry is a great guard. But i will never complain bc the difference of him vs Samuda was drastic. I hope Jerry stays and Watkins backs him up this year at least.

I agree. I wanted us to upgrade this offseason but we didn't. Jerry isn't good but we all saw the difference in pass protection when he was out with his injury.

Let's just pray to the Football Gods that he doesn't go down this year.

Oh Man we are so Miami Dolphin!
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omar Kelly was raving about Samuda in camp as he was with Aj Francis so no surprise both are gone lol.

I like the signing of Watkins its not out the realm of possibility that he becomes a solid player in this league I have seen it before with lineman.

How is Dallas Thomas stacking up in all this? Seems as if he was never a option to compete for a spot and considering his play rightfully so. I still cant let it go that we did not draft Markus Wheaton or Stedman bailey in that spot. Hopefully 2 years from now I was wrong
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
Omar Kelly was raving about Samuda in camp as he was with Aj Francis so no surprise both are gone lol.

I like the signing of Watkins its not out the realm of possibility that he becomes a solid player in this league I have seen it before with lineman.

How is Dallas Thomas stacking up in all this? Seems as if he was never a option to compete for a spot and considering his play rightfully so. I still cant let it go that we did not draft Markus Wheaton or Stedman bailey in that spot. Hopefully 2 years from now I was wrong

From what I saw of Dallas Thomas (very little) he wasn't good at all. I think he's listed as the backup LG on the initial depth chart.

Oh Man we are so Miami Dolphin!
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:

Stop expecting rookies to look like orlando pace in their first NFL preseason.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

I don't expect that myself, but unfortunately he pretty much did what I expected based on his college film. I was never a fan of the pick, just like I was never a fan of the Egnew pick.

When we picked Egnew, I was on my hands and knees praying it would be Givens.

When they picked Thomas, I wanted Schwenke.

Hopefully at least one of those guys proves me wrong...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

Considering I have been one of the leaders of the J Martin fan club cool story bro.. I had Markus Wheaton rated a lot higher and love his upside compared to Thomas said it on draft day said it again yesterday. He didn't impress me in the preseason nothing more nothing less
orangetiktac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:

When we picked Egnew, I was on my hands and knees praying it would be Givens.

When they picked Thomas, I wanted Schwenke.

OMG, same exact thing for me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at Schwenke too. Thomas wasn't even on my radar.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:

Schwnke is a beast. A lot like Max Unger who can play all over the OL. I think Ireland's weakness is OL. If it's not a top OL, I think he has trouble scouting them. I think OL may be his weakness. Yes we have 3 drafted OL starting, Martin, Pouncey, and Jerry. Every GM has a weakness and I think Ireland's is OL, especially interior OL.

UniversalAuthor
Warpticon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
Warpticon wrote:

Schwnke is a beast. A lot like Max Unger who can play all over the OL. I think Ireland's weakness is OL. If it's not a top OL, I think he has trouble scouting them. I think OL may be his weakness. Yes we have 3 drafted OL starting, Martin, Pouncey, and Jerry. Every GM has a weakness and I think Ireland's is OL, especially interior OL.

I actually think that history influenced letting Long go. After the Jake Grove and Justin Smiley situations, I don't think he was ready to invest in more linemen with recent injury histories.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: