Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys Depth chart
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
htfryar wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Why did we take 4 TBs and 4 TEs?

I get asking about 4 RB's, but why do you have to ask about 4 TE's? Our base offense is going to be a 2 TE set. You gotta have 2 backups or you can't even go 2nd team in practice.

Personally, I would've went with 3 RB's (Murray, Tanner and Randle) with Dunbar on IR to Return and never would've cut Sterling Moore.

We couldn't get Smith to the practice squad? I mean I would rather have another DT and CB than 4 RBs and 4 TEs

We have sets where we put 3 TEs on the field at the same time. We need to have 4 on the active roster. 5 didn't make sense, but now it's clear why we did that.

Dunbar's injury put us in a tough spot. I don't think the Cowboys are ready to have Randle as the immediate backup. I would be surprised if we carry 4 RBs all season.

I agree 100% that we need an extra CB. Especially since Webb isn't game-ready. I'm going to assume they have a plan to fix that problem.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
DreamEater53 wrote:
Is anyone else worried about our offensive and defensive lines?

FIFY

lol, well yes but i was going for the less obvious
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
TheTechnician wrote:
Surprised Rayford is listed at DT.

Hopefully weems is cut after this week...no need for him at this point. He should be moved once waters is in shape and Free isnt our backup guard anymore.
My thoughts exactly on both parts. When I first saw this, I was very surprised to see Rayford as a DT. I guess it's because of his size and arm length that may benefit him at that spot.
usually DT is a bad place for long arm guys because it takes a little longer for them to unfurl those vines.

Wait what?? Longer arms allows them to get past the blocker before he can get his hands on their body. Unfurl? LOL
heres a question...on OL where do long armed players typically go? Inside? nope... there is value to length on the outside much more than on the inside.

It works for some people but just look at DT...not alot of 35-37 inch armed DTs in this league.

Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
matt79511

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get put on IR with the designated to return designation, isn't the earliest you can come off Week 8? Dunbar is obviously going to be healthy before that, he's already out of his boot and doing light work to my knowledge. And they pretty clearly have plans for him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: