Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aldon Smith, D. Walker allegedly fired weapon towards people
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Hope-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I'm getting from this thread is that Russell Wilson is photosynthetic.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
Oh man, and Justin Houston was labeled as a risky pick because of character concerns since he tested positive for Marijuana. (he says he only did it once IIRC) Meanwhile Houston has been nothing but classy and a beast on the field as well.

Just goes to show how hard it is to predict the character of some of these players

You believe him that he only did it once? I mean I get it, I was totally expecting him to admit every single time he's ever smoked Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm not really sure why you brought Justin Houston into this thread though, is there a Chiefs defense talk quota I'm not aware of?

Von Miller and Aldon Smith both didn't have character concerns going into the draft IIRC. Houston was a 1st round prospect who dropped because of those very things.

All 3 are top young LBers now but it would be interesting if this Smith issue is serious, and if Miller gets in trouble again (1 year suspension) then Houston would be the best of the 3 because of his ability to stay on the field and out of trouble.

Huh? Houston was a fringe 1st round prospect based on abilities. Miller and Smith are ELITE talents at there position, Houston is not
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
Oh man, and Justin Houston was labeled as a risky pick because of character concerns since he tested positive for Marijuana. (he says he only did it once IIRC) Meanwhile Houston has been nothing but classy and a beast on the field as well.

Just goes to show how hard it is to predict the character of some of these players

You believe him that he only did it once? I mean I get it, I was totally expecting him to admit every single time he's ever smoked Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm not really sure why you brought Justin Houston into this thread though, is there a Chiefs defense talk quota I'm not aware of?

Von Miller and Aldon Smith both didn't have character concerns going into the draft IIRC. Houston was a 1st round prospect who dropped because of those very things.

All 3 are top young LBers now but it would be interesting if this Smith issue is serious, and if Miller gets in trouble again (1 year suspension) then Houston would be the best of the 3 because of his ability to stay on the field and out of trouble.

Huh? Houston was a fringe 1st round prospect based on abilities. Miller and Smith are ELITE talents at there position, Houston is not

Saying that Houston is not an elite talent at his position is pure ignorance

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

Houston isn't elite at this point. Very good? Certainly. But he isn't up there with Von/Ware/Suggs/Wake/Matthews quite yet. After this year, I personally expect him to be -- but he's not quite there yet.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

Houston isn't elite at this point. Very good? Certainly. But he isn't up there with Von/Ware/Suggs/Wake/Matthews quite yet. After this year, I personally expect him to be -- but he's not quite there yet.

I was taking it as an elite "talent". In which case imo he is, with that skill set

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

I was taking it as an elite "talent". In which case imo he is, with that skill set

elite talent and becoming elite are two different things. Von miller came out with elite talent. Houston came out with a nice skill set with the chance to become an elite player. Just my opinion. Still no reason for Houston to be brought up in this thread though.
Ataal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update and it doesn't look good: http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_24015642/
Quote:

SAN JOSE -- Only days before the start of the NFL season, the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office is leaning toward prosecuting San Francisco 49ers star linebacker Aldon Smith on charges of possessing illegal assault rifles -- charges that carry a range of possible punishments, from probation to three years in jail

Quote:

Smith bought the weapons in Arizona where they are legal, but allegedly failed to modify them to comply with California's stricter gun laws, sources familiar with the case said. The three guns were discovered by Santa Clara County sheriff's deputies after a house party hosted by Smith and his roommate last summer, during which the linebacker was stabbed and two partygoers were shot by gang members who crashed the party.

Quote:

Ballistics tests indicate that Esporlas and another man were not shot by Walker or Smith. Deputies have yet to identify the shooters in the ongoing investigation. But alleged gang member Steven Barda, 27, is in custody on charges of stabbing Smith, who sustained only minor wounds.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, doesn't sound too bad for Delanie. A lot less encouraging for Aldon.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont see much proof here that either were shooting guns.
Nihc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
Update and it doesn't look good: http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_24015642/
Quote:

SAN JOSE -- Only days before the start of the NFL season, the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office is leaning toward prosecuting San Francisco 49ers star linebacker Aldon Smith on charges of possessing illegal assault rifles -- charges that carry a range of possible punishments, from probation to three years in jail

Quote:

Smith bought the weapons in Arizona where they are legal, but allegedly failed to modify them to comply with California's stricter gun laws, sources familiar with the case said. The three guns were discovered by Santa Clara County sheriff's deputies after a house party hosted by Smith and his roommate last summer, during which the linebacker was stabbed and two partygoers were shot by gang members who crashed the party.

Quote:

Ballistics tests indicate that Esporlas and another man were not shot by Walker or Smith. Deputies have yet to identify the shooters in the ongoing investigation. But alleged gang member Steven Barda, 27, is in custody on charges of stabbing Smith, who sustained only minor wounds.

I cautioned some of the 9er fans saying it's nothing. I thought it was nothing when Hernandez was sued for shooting a man.

also: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/06/aldon-smith-delanie-walker-sued-again/

2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
How does Russell Wilson find the time to drink with his wife when he's got his work ethic to attain to?!

IDK Bruh I heard he doesn't even drink water.
Turns it into wine.

IDOG_det

#JDI
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
neezy007 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
How does Russell Wilson find the time to drink with his wife when he's got his work ethic to attain to?!

IDK Bruh I heard he doesn't even drink water.
Turns it into work ethic.

FIFY Cool
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geez, what a bunch of morons if true

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
geez, what a bunch of morons if true

Seriously, Russell Wilson doesn't even drink water.

Aldon and Walker aren't too smart either, but that's another story

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of idiots.

For the record, Justin Houston is just about as good as Aldon.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: