Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Safety Jairus Byrd trying to orchestrate a trade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the Bills would trade him inside the division. In that case, I hope they hold onto him for this year and let him hit free agency.
Brocktonbob

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U eagle fans are gonna be driven nuts by Patrick Chung!! He is a fantastic hitter but has below average ball skills and even worse in coverage. He is a real like able athlete by today's standards but his limitations on the field will have u screaming his name.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brocktonbob wrote:
U eagle fans are gonna be driven nuts by Patrick Chung!! He is a fantastic hitter but has below average ball skills and even worse in coverage. He is a real like able athlete by today's standards but his limitations on the field will have u screaming his name.
And with knowing all of that, he's still most likely out best DB, and easily best Safety. Hence the utter need for Byrd, much more so than a lot of squads. The Eagles could literally challenge any of the 31 other teams in the NFL, and come out as the worst set of Defensive Backs, let alone Safeties.
FuhZee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how well he fits into a Tampa 2 or even if there's a certain type of safety needed for the Tampa 2 but I would love if Dallas could get him
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Byrd saga is getting retarded at this point.. Were obviously not gonna trade him for peanuts so he better be prepared to play or his next offer won't be as good
Malik

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd trade him. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. If you know a guy doesn't want to play for you and you have no intent on giving him the contract he desires you don't franchise him again out of spite. You're paying a player you don't have to essentially create a hole in your team in the very near future. You trade him for the best you can get to save both money and get someone (or multiple people) back.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question:

Is Byrd wanting to get paid or does Byrd want to play for a good team? Because likely he can't have both.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
I'd trade him. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. If you know a guy doesn't want to play for you and you have no intent on giving him the contract he desires you don't franchise him again out of spite. You're paying a player you don't have to essentially create a hole in your team in the very near future. You trade him for the best you can get to save both money and get someone (or multiple people) back.

That depends on what the offer is. If you're really getting a trade worth a player of his value, then sure. But don't give him up too cheaply. And I'm not saying that out of spite, or shortsightedness of having Byrd for an extra year and half vs getting something in trade before he walks.

It's about sending a message as well. You want make it clear to players and agents that playing games and demanding a trade won't get them what they want and only hurts the player's value. The idea is discourage holdouts, and public distractions like this in future.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
My question:

Is Byrd wanting to get paid or does Byrd want to play for a good team? Because likely he can't have both.

Sounds like he wants to just get paid top safety money.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Bay would love to put Byrd next to Burnett at FS..................... Laughing

Probably wont happen with our cap situation/potential FA problems in the near future.

Sig brought to you by Justo
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
My question:

Sounds like he wants to just get paid top safety money.

If he stays healthy and puts up another very solid season in the new Pettine run defense, than there is no doubt in my mind that the Bills will up there offer.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke1592 wrote:
EccentricFan wrote:
What does Eugene Parker have against Buffalo? I think the Buffalo brass just needs to not go after any players he represents in the future, because he always seems to pull this. First Jason Peters and now Jairus Byrd?

I hate having Jairus Byrd stuck in the middle of any sort of fight, but Doug Whaley needs to show him that they won't give in to these antics. Refuse to trade him, tag him again this year if he won't sign a reasonable contract, then refuse to trade him again.

If he wants to hold out or play games, he'll only be hurting his value when he does hit Free Agency.

That said, they shouldn't hurt the team to send a message. If they get a really nice trade offer for a player trying to get out of town, they should take it. But I can't see anyone paying enough to be worth it when they can't sign a new contract with him this year, and they shouldn't be forced into trading him cheap.

I wouldn't let him go for anything less than a first round pick from a team expected to finish in the top 15.

Don't blame Byrd or Eugene Parker they are just doing their jobs, blame the %@#%y front office that will give a HUGE contract to a very overrated free agent. but won't give a long term contract to arguably the best player on the team.

Ummm our current Front office isn't the same as the one who overpaid for Williams... Totally different personnel. That situation has nothing to do with the current one with Byrd. If Nix was still in office then yes they may of over paid for Byrd as well and yes you would have had a point. But the new leader of the team, Doug Whaley, is showing that they won't just give in to what the player wants and that the team won't over spend.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, you can't sign him to an extension until after the season. Too much risk for me to give up something meaningful.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
My question:

He definitely can not have both. Not this year. Even if he gets traded, the team acquiring him can't sign him to an extension until after the season. No matter what he does, he's not getting an extension this year. It's not possible unless the Bills just outright cut him and we know that isn't happening.

Kempes on the custom sig!
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jairus Byrd focused on healing, not trade reports

"Byrd dismissed reports of his camp trying to carve out the parameters of a trade with other NFL clubs involving the Pro Bowl safety Thursday."

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: