Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cooper has broken his leg and is out for season....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without watching them game, and how it seems like it went I ma not, I don't have a huge problem with him staying in. More reps is always good but the risk is still higher than the reward. I'm on the fence about it

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly good news on the injury front. Cooper could come back and play the last 4-6 games of the season.

Of the other injuries we had last game, only Housler's appears to be serious. He has a high ankle sprain that could keep him out a game or two. Everybody else was pretty minor.

http://blog.azcardinals.com/2013/08/26/coop-has-a-chance-to-return/

Quote:
Cooper’s best-case scenario in coming back is 10 to 12 weeks, Arians said.

Quote:
The rest of the injuries aren’t nearly as bad. Arians described almost all of them as day-to-day, and the hope is that most will be OK by the time the Cards have to play in St. Louis for the opener. Defensive tackle Dan Williams re-aggravated the ankle he hurt earlier in camp, but he was not concerned about it. Running back Rashard Mendenhall has a knee sprain, he too is day-to-day although he won’t play in Denver. Tight end D.C. Jefferson (knee sprain) is going to try and play. TE Rob Housler has a high-ankle sprain, and is probably the most questionable of the bunch. WR Andre Roberts (quad) and LB Matt Shaughnessy (ankle) are “fine.”
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd rather just shut him down

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear this, guys and I know how you feel. Bills lost Gilmore for 1/2 the season in the Redskins game. Our secondary will probably be the worst in the league during that period...and only marginally better once he comes back.

Won't blame either coach for not taking these guys out, especially Cooper. Good OL play can't happen without continuity/time to become accustomed to play as a unit. After last season's OL performance, BA had to get them as many reps as possible to try to get them to gel.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Bills lost Kolb, not sure if that is a downgrade or upgrade

Both teams are hurting atm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it's gonna be Colledge at LG and Fanaika at RG. Gonna really miss JCoop...
footy_29

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was just watching the game on NFLN. Saw the injury and have to say there is zero chance he is coming back this season. Breaking/shattering the fibula at that location is a very long recovery. Almost a worst case location when it comes to a bone break.

Blknite01's masterpiece
mtdowner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
Was just watching the game on NFLN. Saw the injury and have to day there is no chance he is coming back this season. Breaking/shattering the fibula at that location is a long recovery, and almost always involves screws that will need to be removed at some point.

I think an X-ray is a little more revealing of the seriousness of an injury than the play the injury happened on.
SuperFlyTNT

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
Sorry to hear this, guys and I know how you feel. Bills lost Gilmore for 1/2 the season in the Redskins game. Our secondary will probably be the worst in the league during that period...and only marginally better once he comes back.

Won't blame either coach for not taking these guys out, especially Cooper. Good OL play can't happen without continuity/time to become accustomed to play as a unit. After last season's OL performance, BA had to get them as many reps as possible to try to get them to gel.

Gotta give some good Karma to the Bills today - hoping old Matty boy resuscitates his career there. I felt bad for the guy seeing what happened to him in Houston.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperFlyTNT wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

Gotta give some good Karma to the Bills today - hoping old Matty boy resuscitates his career there. I felt bad for the guy seeing what happened to him in Houston.

Thanks, but karma wasn't enough. He and Thad Lewis both only have been on the team for a few days so got to cut them some slack. Lewis outplayed Matt though.

In other news, as I expected, our secondary blows...starters and scrubs. Kellen Moore even schooled them! Kellen Freakin' Moore! Seriously. Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my problem was having Cooper pull in a preseason game. It put him in open space which is a risk for big lineman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: