Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars claimed former Packers TE D.J. Williams, TE Harbor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ethan raphael

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best time Burton ran at the Combine was 4.53. Which isn't terrible, but isn't great. Same with his other tests. Average to below average for the position.

The team is riding a fine line right now. If the players perceive that Bradley and Caldwell aren't trying to win this year, the air will leave the tires like hitting a nail belt on the freeway.

Last edited by ethan raphael on Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
iPwn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethan raphael wrote:
Best time Burton ran at the Combine was 4.53. Which isn't terrible, but isn't great. Same with his other tests. Average to below average for the position.
So you're going to ignore his pro day where he ran a 4.38 then?

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
sadjag

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethan raphael wrote:
Burton had to leave practice today because he couldn't deal with the heat. Dog, I tell ya.... Sad

I think the mad change mantra is coming from Bradley not Caldwell. Gus is going to burn up the good will pretty quickly. Although the quarterback thing was a bit weird. They go on and on about competition and winning your spot, then parachute in Stanzi, with no practice or game time and cut the guys who have been here through camp. Bit hypocritical.

1. Dude, he just got here from Minnesota alot of guys aren't used to the humidity and cramp because they are not properly hydrated. We see this a ton in OTA's where there are a bunch of players new too the climate. Insinuating that Burton is lazy or something because he got cramps is asinine.

2. Competition means the guy who plays the best will play I don't see how Scott and Kafka being in town for a few weeks more than Stanzi violates that mantra. Caldwell thought Stanzi was a better player, If Scott or Kafka got a roster spot over him simply because they went through training camp THAT would be hypocritical.

Also you have too take the wonderlic with a grain of salt. Some people are very intelligent but are horrible at taking tests. As far as I know there is no correlation whatsoever between a wonderlic score and a persons football ability.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
ethan raphael wrote:
Burton had to leave practice today because he couldn't deal with the heat. Dog, I tell ya.... Sad

I think the mad change mantra is coming from Bradley not Caldwell. Gus is going to burn up the good will pretty quickly. Although the quarterback thing was a bit weird. They go on and on about competition and winning your spot, then parachute in Stanzi, with no practice or game time and cut the guys who have been here through camp. Bit hypocritical.

1. Dude, he just got here from Minnesota alot of guys aren't used to the humidity and cramp because they are not properly hydrated. We see this a ton in OTA's where there are a bunch of players new too the climate. Insinuating that Burton is lazy or something because he got cramps is asinine.

2. Competition means the guy who plays the best will play I don't see how Scott and Kafka being in town for a few weeks more than Stanzi violates that mantra. Caldwell thought Stanzi was a better player, If Scott or Kafka got a roster spot over him simply because they went through training camp THAT would be hypocritical.

Also you have too take the wonderlic with a grain of salt. Some people are very intelligent but are horrible at taking tests. As far as I know there is no correlation whatsoever between a wonderlic score and a persons football ability.

There is no correlation to that, but to be able to understand a playbook is far more complex than that test(which is still a terrible way to judge a player) but you would like them to be able to think clearly and answer questions, but it is more of a test of critical thinking than ability. Still dumb, bc you dont know what kind of test-taker they are but still

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: