Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Le'veon Bell may practice this week & hopes to play next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Le'veon Bell may practice this week & hopes to play next Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/02/leveon-bell-hopes-to-play-week-two-isaac-redman-hopes-to-remain-starter/

Quote:
... On Monday, Bell said that he hopes to be ready to play in the second week of the season. That would be a much quicker return to action than originally anticipated, although one currently healthy member of the running back corps hopes he’ll be able to convince the Steelers to let him keep the job.

Scott Brown of ESPN.com reports that Isaac Redman said Monday that he’d be the starter against the Titans. Redman said that he’s planning on performing well enough to keep the team’s coaches from “wanting to put in anyone else” during the opener or later on down the road.
Nice to hear that Bell is making such great progress, but in glad they aren't pushing it an having him play this week. The foot injury needs rest and I'm glad they are giving him time to heal.

As for Redman's comments, I love the confidence but I have a feeling when Bell is completely healthy that he will get most of the reps.

Last edited by turtle28 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bell definitely has a more dynamic likable personality or presence.

...you have a forum resume?
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this forces Redman to work harder, that's great, but I see no scenario in which a Healthy Le'Veon Bell doesn't start for us. I have high hopes for him.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomlin mentioned in his press conference that Bell could play, but his inexperienced lead to him sitting out this week. Hopefully he's healthy enough in week 2 to play and showcase what only few seen at TC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: