Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers sign WR Chris Harper; plucked off of Seahawks PS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Quote:
@mattbarrows 2m
The #49ers are looking at Chris Harper not as a WR but as a TE, H-back in the Delanie Walker mold. He's 6-1, 235 pounds.

Matt forget hands too....same case of the drops

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Your move Seahawks

Wondering when someone is going to decide to be original rather than repeating the same thing every time. Obviously, they're going back and forth. Don't think it needs to be pointed out every time though when it's readily apparent to everyone.

Anyway, Harper has a ton of potential. Whether he taps into it or not is a coin flip IMO. The passes he dropped this preseason were great passes. Seeing as how he's on the 9ers, I can only hope those drops weren't flukes and he has a costly one against the Hawks so I can make some animated GIF's.
jwalter_81

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwalter_81 wrote:
I have a feeling he will be asked to move to TE for the 49ers.

Called it lol D Love Jr!
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yupp, we'll find some use for him

Delanie Walker
Ht. 6'1"
Wt. 240
40yd. 4.49
10yd. 1.65
Vert. 36.5

Chris Harper
6'1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been some head-scratchers this offseason, but I'll roll with this one. I know a lot of people hated on Delanie Walker. I know I did off and on. But, he played some vital roles that I've been wondering how we'd replace them. This signing is making more sense now to me.

As for Baldwin. It's all about context. We traded a guy that hasn't caught a regular season pass in his career in San Francisco for a guy that the Chiefs were pretty low on, too. Both first rounders. When Baldwin brought down some crazy catches in the preseason, he automatically became "a baller" to some fans. Mostly as a joke. I think he could be a good red zone threat for us if he can work on his catching with some really good coaching. Also, part of our little inside joke was that Joe Staley(OT) and Isaac Sopoaga(NT) have more catches than AJ Jenkins.

There, now that we're all caught up, carry on!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks tried to increase his practice squad pay to turn down the 9ers deal. They're not feeling too good about this, that's for sure.
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
They turned Baldwin into a baller maybe they will do the same to Harper.
Say what now? Where did you pull that out of...

Jon Baldwin, the trade they traded AJ Jenkins off for.. It was supposed to be an "equal trade". However, Baldwin is actually really good. Maybe it's just Kaepernick, but he is much better than AJ Jenkins. Maybe Chris Harper will benefit from the system as well.
Man... you are giving Baldwin a ton of praise for being a #4 WR.

#4? You are being generous right now, as he is the #5 WR at this point Laughing .

After Manningham and Crabtree return, he probably becomes the #6 WR. But he should have a chance to contribute in the red zone and if he does it well, he could see the field much more than he will at the beginning of the season. Heck, not even sure if he will be active to start the season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000237259/article/jon-baldwin-lamichael-james-without-offensive-roles

Quote:
New acquisition Jon Baldwin beat out wide receivers Lavelle Hawkins and Chad Hall for the final wide receiver spot on the San Francisco 49ers' roster, thanks to a guaranteed salary just over $1 million. But that doesn't mean the former Kansas City Chiefs' first-round draft pick will have a role in offensive coordinator Greg Roman's offense.

CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco doubts Baldwin will be active on game days to start the season. It's not a shock considering Baldwin has had just two weeks to learn the 49ers' offense.

Maybe I'm not tuned in to the local bay area news, but this sounds like he's not going to be much of an impact player in 2013.

EDIT - Thanks Ataal ^^^^
TBF, it took a few weeks for everyone to not be entirely confused about the CSIII hype from Jville fans. Legitimately good player, but I think everyone thought they had lost their minds for a few weeks there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: