Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers roster cutdowns: RB Dwyer, LB Sylvester, RB Batch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edro wrote:
Is it safe to say that Isaac Redman will get the lionshare of carries Week 1? Should I start him at my flex position?
It's say its safe to say he will get most of the carries.

You're crazy if you make him you're flex though because there's no way you can trust him (he hasn't been able to stay healthy for 2 years) and there's no way you can trust the steelers OL to open up holes for him at this point

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
edro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, here what I have besides him to play: Lance Moore, Pierre Thomas, or Rueben Randle? Who do I roll with? Forget I even mentioned RR. Lance or Pierre?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really sad about Hawthorne. I really liked him for awhile before the draft and thought he had the potential to be a quality number 2 or a great nickle package option.

The only thing I can guess is his health issues are really worriesome.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edro wrote:
So, here what I have besides him to play: Lance Moore, Pierre Thomas, or Rueben Randle? Who do I roll with? Forget I even mentioned RR. Lance or Pierre?

???

I am guessing you didnt mean to post this here, because it has no relevance to the topic at all.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't play fantasy football, but...to add to what Turtle said, I wouldn't look at any Steelers RB besides maybe Bell. Reason being Haley has a history of changing them up. Unless Redman is really rolling in a game (which is a bit doubtful), I expect split carries.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Usually when players leave, I wish them nothing but the best. In this case, I do not....

Quote:
@JDwyer27: This is just the beginning for me my future is bright and I have a chip on my shoulder and they will regret it.. #BelieveDat

The only chip this fat piece of trash has on his shoulder is a Dorito.

truly sig-worthy 43...bravo.

*clappingsmilie.gif*
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
And how the hell did Carter and Whimper make the team but Baxter and Arnfelt did not?

Two proven bums or two young guys that have shown more potential than the other two ever have.

Baxter and Arnfeldt are practice squad guys, Whimper and Carter are veterans. Of course, we have this odd obsession with garbage veterans
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Alameda Ta'amu was claimed by the Cardinals.

It's where all former Steelers one day end up. I doubt he'll amount to much there.

nah, he'll do ok if he ends up giving a crap. i'll say this much, I liked Ta'amu a ton, but McLendon darn sure looks like a beast right now, so it makes sense to have a mature presence ready to play rather than an inexperienced, immature project like Ta'amu, despite his much higher ceiling
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Really sad about Hawthorne. I really liked him for awhile before the draft and thought he had the potential to be a quality number 2 or a great nickle package option.

I think our CB situation puts us in a rare situation when you look toward the 2014 draft. We NEED a Cornerback and I see no scenario in which we don't select one in the first 3 rounds.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

I think our CB situation puts us in a rare situation when you look toward the 2014 draft. We NEED a Cornerback and I see no scenario in which we don't select one in the first 3 rounds.

yeah, the only thing is that there are a bunch of middling-sized guys near the top. Other than Roby and Purifoy, there's not a whole lot of talent right now at CB that I'm tracking near the top
Bobikus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

yeah, the only thing is that there are a bunch of middling-sized guys near the top. Other than Roby and Purifoy, there's not a whole lot of talent right now at CB that I'm tracking near the top

I doubt we'll have the draft position to go at the actual top 1-2 guys anyway. Hopefully though some good combination of LT/TE/CB/S are available early on though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edro wrote:
Not our problem. Do what u want

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Alameda Ta'amu was claimed by the Cardinals.

It's where all former Steelers one day end up. I doubt he'll amount to much there.

nah, he'll do ok if he ends up giving a crap. i'll say this much, I liked Ta'amu a ton, but McLendon darn sure looks like a beast right now, so it makes sense to have a mature presence ready to play rather than an inexperienced, immature project like Ta'amu, despite his much higher ceiling
I definitely agree with that. McLendon is set to have a huge year this year at the teams big man in the middle.

turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

We don't need to get the top CB in the draft and likely won't, as I don't see the team drafting in top 10. There could be as many as 6 or 7 cbs taken just in round 1 next year. Hopefully, Ike will take a pay cut to stay next year and the team can re-sign Allen. If that happens, the CB the team hopefully drafts within the first 3 rounds only needs to come in and be the nickel cb.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: