Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers roster cutdowns: RB Dwyer, LB Sylvester, RB Batch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66226
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edro wrote:
Is it safe to say that Isaac Redman will get the lionshare of carries Week 1? Should I start him at my flex position?
It's say its safe to say he will get most of the carries.

You're crazy if you make him you're flex though because there's no way you can trust him (he hasn't been able to stay healthy for 2 years) and there's no way you can trust the steelers OL to open up holes for him at this point
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
edro


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 1160
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, here what I have besides him to play: Lance Moore, Pierre Thomas, or Rueben Randle? Who do I roll with? Forget I even mentioned RR. Lance or Pierre?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 50806
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really sad about Hawthorne. I really liked him for awhile before the draft and thought he had the potential to be a quality number 2 or a great nickle package option.

The only thing I can guess is his health issues are really worriesome.
_________________

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 50806
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edro wrote:
So, here what I have besides him to play: Lance Moore, Pierre Thomas, or Rueben Randle? Who do I roll with? Forget I even mentioned RR. Lance or Pierre?


???

I am guessing you didnt mean to post this here, because it has no relevance to the topic at all.
_________________

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CKSteeler


Joined: 17 Mar 2013
Posts: 5490
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't play fantasy football, but...to add to what Turtle said, I wouldn't look at any Steelers RB besides maybe Bell. Reason being Haley has a history of changing them up. Unless Redman is really rolling in a game (which is a bit doubtful), I expect split carries.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kethnaab


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 10075
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Usually when players leave, I wish them nothing but the best. In this case, I do not....

Quote:
@JDwyer27: This is just the beginning for me my future is bright and I have a chip on my shoulder and they will regret it.. #BelieveDat


The only chip this fat piece of trash has on his shoulder is a Dorito.


truly sig-worthy 43...bravo.

*clappingsmilie.gif*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kethnaab


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 10075
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
And how the hell did Carter and Whimper make the team but Baxter and Arnfelt did not?

Two proven bums or two young guys that have shown more potential than the other two ever have.



Baxter and Arnfeldt are practice squad guys, Whimper and Carter are veterans. Of course, we have this odd obsession with garbage veterans
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kethnaab


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 10075
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Alameda Ta'amu was claimed by the Cardinals.


It's where all former Steelers one day end up. I doubt he'll amount to much there.


nah, he'll do ok if he ends up giving a crap. i'll say this much, I liked Ta'amu a ton, but McLendon darn sure looks like a beast right now, so it makes sense to have a mature presence ready to play rather than an inexperienced, immature project like Ta'amu, despite his much higher ceiling
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 14914
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Really sad about Hawthorne. I really liked him for awhile before the draft and thought he had the potential to be a quality number 2 or a great nickle package option.

The only thing I can guess is his health issues are really worriesome.


I think our CB situation puts us in a rare situation when you look toward the 2014 draft. We NEED a Cornerback and I see no scenario in which we don't select one in the first 3 rounds.
_________________


Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kethnaab


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 10075
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Really sad about Hawthorne. I really liked him for awhile before the draft and thought he had the potential to be a quality number 2 or a great nickle package option.

The only thing I can guess is his health issues are really worriesome.


I think our CB situation puts us in a rare situation when you look toward the 2014 draft. We NEED a Cornerback and I see no scenario in which we don't select one in the first 3 rounds.


yeah, the only thing is that there are a bunch of middling-sized guys near the top. Other than Roby and Purifoy, there's not a whole lot of talent right now at CB that I'm tracking near the top
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobikus


Joined: 07 Jun 2009
Posts: 8874
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Really sad about Hawthorne. I really liked him for awhile before the draft and thought he had the potential to be a quality number 2 or a great nickle package option.

The only thing I can guess is his health issues are really worriesome.


I think our CB situation puts us in a rare situation when you look toward the 2014 draft. We NEED a Cornerback and I see no scenario in which we don't select one in the first 3 rounds.


yeah, the only thing is that there are a bunch of middling-sized guys near the top. Other than Roby and Purifoy, there's not a whole lot of talent right now at CB that I'm tracking near the top


I doubt we'll have the draft position to go at the actual top 1-2 guys anyway. Hopefully though some good combination of LT/TE/CB/S are available early on though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66226
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edro wrote:
So, here what I have besides him to play: Lance Moore, Pierre Thomas, or Rueben Randle? Who do I roll with? Forget I even mentioned RR. Lance or Pierre?
Not our problem. Do what u want
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66226
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Alameda Ta'amu was claimed by the Cardinals.


It's where all former Steelers one day end up. I doubt he'll amount to much there.


nah, he'll do ok if he ends up giving a crap. i'll say this much, I liked Ta'amu a ton, but McLendon darn sure looks like a beast right now, so it makes sense to have a mature presence ready to play rather than an inexperienced, immature project like Ta'amu, despite his much higher ceiling
I definitely agree with that. McLendon is set to have a huge year this year at the teams big man in the middle.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66226
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Really sad about Hawthorne. I really liked him for awhile before the draft and thought he had the potential to be a quality number 2 or a great nickle package option.

The only thing I can guess is his health issues are really worriesome.


I think our CB situation puts us in a rare situation when you look toward the 2014 draft. We NEED a Cornerback and I see no scenario in which we don't select one in the first 3 rounds.


yeah, the only thing is that there are a bunch of middling-sized guys near the top. Other than Roby and Purifoy, there's not a whole lot of talent right now at CB that I'm tracking near the top
We don't need to get the top CB in the draft and likely won't, as I don't see the team drafting in top 10. There could be as many as 6 or 7 cbs taken just in round 1 next year. Hopefully, Ike will take a pay cut to stay next year and the team can re-sign Allen. If that happens, the CB the team hopefully drafts within the first 3 rounds only needs to come in and be the nickel cb.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group