Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What do you make of the Rams RB situation?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halradio wrote:
One thing to consider is a hallmark of Fisher teams is there has always been one back who was the "guy" - whether it has been Eddie George, Chris Johnson, or Steve Jackson.

Right now IMO that "guy" looks like Daryl Richardson.

Yes, but before Johnson became the "guy", the Titans had a very successful tandem with Lendale White and Chris Johnson. Fisher has had offenses where they revolve around a feature back, but that was also because he had the talent fall to him. Stacy, Pead, and Richardson are not Johnson, George, or Jackson (well, who knows maybe one of them COULD surprise...but it's doubtful they'll ever hit elite status). I don't think we're going to see Fisher's "guy" this season. I think he's going to have to pull out the playbook from 2008 and find a way to utilize a multi-back offense.

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
ramsfan311

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the RB situation - P'eed got a dozen carries against the Pack to showcase his game, and Fisher immediately named Richardson the starter. 'Nuff said.
ziggy19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sell me on this Bennie Cunningham kid.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ziggy19 wrote:
Sell me on this Bennie Cunningham kid.

20 carries for 123 yards. Did great on kick returns. Fisher loves the kid. Showed a good eye out of the backfield, better than Pead. Blocked well enough in pass protection to get playing time. Seems to be a fan favorite.

Now in reality his nice runs and blocking were vs 3rd and 2nd teamers. Fisher also loves Richardson who's ahead of him. To be honest the only leagues I can see him getting drafted in are very deep leagues to hand cuff Richardson or draft champion leagues where you're picking like 30 rounds.
Kid has shown some skill just not sure how much the UDFA will be put on the field when Fisher loves Richardson and the other two ahead of him haven't done anything to lose playing time.

titan on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: