Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Anybody Else Concerned with The Lack of Talent at LB?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Anybody Else Concerned with The Lack of Talent at LB? Reply with quote

Am I wrong to say that I'd rather see us pick up some veteran LB's to plug in rather than the young players we have?

I'm not sure where we're at with the Cap right now, but if it were up to me, I'd be signing competent, veteran LBs. Maybe even some D Lineman, too.

http://thesidelineview.com/columns/caplans-nfl-corner/best-available-nfl-free-agents-defense

What do you think?
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talent? We have one of the most talented groups in the league. They're young and inexperienced. Give them time to gel. I am worried about our lack of depth still. Gooden was basically hurt all TC and didn't have time to show anything so he's most likely behind. Fokou is average, Bailey sucks, and I'm guessing Wimbley is a backup SLB? Talent is there and LB is certainly our most talented group on D.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of talent is really available at this point in the season? There's obviously questions with any player available right now...

Howard is definitely an interesting name at OLB, but he is coming off an ACL injury. I see nothing but injury concerns and recent arrests on that OLB list. We could definitely use another guy at OLB, but the trio of Ayers, Brown, and Gooden are not short on talent. They may lack consistent success and experience... but not talent. Backup LBers need to contribute on STs, and I'm not sure if some of these guys are up for that at this point in their careers. Some of these names will be picked up eventually, as injuries happen.

I don't think any of the guys at MLB are an upgrade over an in-shape/been working out with the team all offeseason Fokou, or a McCarthy. And I'm actually very happy with the depth on the DL (Antonio Johnson or Dawson can be upgraded, but we're talking about the 9th and 10th DL... more than likely part of the inactive list on a weekly basis). We could use a star player in there, sure... but that's not to be found on the streets right now.

I'd actually look at the S position to try and improve the 4th one out there. Other than that, I'm actually pretty happy with the team going into the season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: