Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who starts at quarterback week 1?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who starts against the Buccaneers, September 8th?
Geno Smith
71%
 71%  [ 20 ]
Mark Sanchez
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Matt Simms
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
Greg Mcelroy
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 28

green24

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@MMehtaNYDN
Let the Geno Smith era begin. Sources: Rex Ryan & key Jets brass agree it's time to move on from Mark Sanchez: http://nydn.us/16Z8hHx #nyj

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
KBS756

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Quote:
@MMehtaNYDN
Let the Geno Smith era begin. Sources: Rex Ryan & key Jets brass agree it's time to move on from Mark Sanchez: http://nydn.us/16Z8hHx #nyj

Oh God Manush Mehta again ... Im afraid to read ...
Rich51

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's obvious that Smith will be our starter. I wish he would have played better but hopefully the ankle held him back. He did not throw a lot of interception in college (21 in 1465 attempts compared to Mark's 16 in 487 attempts) so the three in game two might have been an abnormally.

My thinking is that with Marty we finally have an offensive coordinator that knows how to move the ball. The only thing that will prevent us from having a better offense from last year is turnovers. Sanchez has proven, even this preseason that he's a turnover machine.

If our receivers can hold on to the ball and our running game isn't non-existent, we might actually surprise people.

On the other hand, if after a few games Geno does throw a lot of interceptions and looks lost out there, I would rather we go to Simms than Sanchez. Mark can look like an all-pro at times but his turnovers and poor decisions kill us.
Steve the Dream

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not crazy about the idea of him starting so soon but I guess we find out what we've got with him this season. If the organization feels he doesn't have it they'll probably draft another qb, also spelling the end for Rex as well.

All we can do now is hope the kid has something. But I can almost guarantee Revis will pick him off just because we're the jets.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: