Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Uncle Buck Dont Look At This!!! Tebow Related.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smooth J

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should sign Tebow.

But only because I know how to fix him and make him good. Wink

http://joeprussell.blogspot.com/2013/08/fixing-tim-tebow.html

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
Purplexing wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
Purplexing wrote:
Tebow cut by Pats.
Shocked

Uncle Buck; should Spielman pursue signing him now?

Think

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000236929/article/tim-tebow-cut-by-new-england-patriots

Did Rose Kennedy own a black dress?

Answer: YES!!!! This would make tremendous sense for the Vikings, but unfortunately it will never happen. Spielman, Frazier, Ponder and company couldn't handle the pressure from fans that would inevitably start after about 6-7 weeks of watching Ponder this year. If they had any cojones, they would bring him in as an inexpensive insurance policy for when (not if, but when) Ponder falters. I know we have Matt Kassel, but he's no better than Ponder.

Everybody knows what I think about Tebow's potential. Unfortunately, it's starting to look like the NFL is going to miss out on this guy. It's a shame too because he could go down as one of the all time greats.

Why didn't Bellichick find Tebow's potential? Is he (Billy B) slipping?

He has another guy on the roster by the name of Tom Brady who isn't too bad in his own right.

What potential did Tebow demonstrate in his pre-season with the Pats?

Can anyone really expect him to do much in that short of a time with the team? He hardly knew the offense.

I'm not sure why Ponder's failure is needed for Tebow to step in and replace him. IF Tebow has greater talent than Ponder, wouldn't it show in practice after he learns Musgraves' system?

Tebow is a project, I admit that. The thing is, his upside is enormous. If we could work with him and install an offense built around his abilities, he could become very good after a couple years. It would take time though.

Obviously, Bellichick couldn't bench Brady for Tebow, so releasing him might be interpreted as allowing Tebow to find a team where he can use his potential as a starter. So, if Ponder is also entrenched as the Vikings starting QB in 2013, where else might Tebow step in and replace a starting QB?

Hard to say. The problem is that most coaches are unwilling to take the chance on a player like Tebow because they have such a short time to win in the NFL these days. I bet Bud Grant could have done great things with Tebow. Look what he did with Joe Kapp.

What is it that Tebow does better than Ponder that leads you to believe he could replace Ponder by week 7?

I didn't say that he would be able to come in and play well by week 7. I said that we will all know by then that we need a different QB. Tebow could be the QB of the future for us. We would need to invest some time in him, just like we did with Ponder, or like we will have to do with any other young QB.

Tom Brady being on the Pats roster doesn't prevent Tebow from winning a backup QB spot. I believe Tebow realized he was joining the Pats with the understanding that Brady would be the starter unless injured. So he knew his role going in and didn't convince Bellichick he could perform better in the backup role than Mallett.

The pre-season is the time for players to convince coaches that they deserve a roster spot. Tebow had ample time to do so, unless 30 attempts is considered too few.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000236929/article/tim-tebow-released-by-new-england-patriots

" Still, the Patriots needed to see Tebow develop as a quarterback in time for the regular season, and he didn't come close: His 11-of-30 passing performance over three preseason appearances netted just 145 yards and two touchdowns with two interceptions. "

11/30 = 36% completion %
2 TDs = good for 30 attempts
2 INTs = bad for 30 attempts
145 yds / 30 att = 4.8 YPA = poor
145 yds / 11 compl = 13 yds per completion = good

'The upside of Tebow is enormous' is speculation without any support. Let me try it; the upside of Ponder is enormous, the upside of 'MBLT' is enormous, the upside of Johnny Football is enormous, the...

I recall that Bud Grant let his coaches coach his players, but some people think otherwise. He also only hired as many coaches as he felt were needed to get the job done, and once pointed out the high number of coaches on the Philadelphia sideline to Fran Tarkenton before a game.

Joe Kapp had a track record of success for the BC Lions before joining the Vikings, per Grants' wishes. It was the reason Jim Finks was willing to negotiate a complex deal for the NFL rights to Kapp from Washington(Detroit?), with the British Columbia Lions and the CFL.

The Broncos invested time in Tebow, as did the Jets. Both teams 'punted' on him. The Pats invested less time on Tebow before they 'punted' on him as a backup to a starter who will end his career as a starter.

The Raiders are being mentioned as a place Tebow might land.

Do you think Tebow will land in Oakland and develop into a starting QB?
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the Raiders would be a good landing spot for Tebow. This may surprise some people, but I think the perfect situation for him would be in Green Bay. They currently don't have any other QB's on the roster besides Rodgers, and on that team he would have the time to sit and learn the offense behind Rodgers for 2-3 years. Mike McCarthy is supposedly a QB guru (if you believe what Packer fans say), so maybe with a little time he could find a way to cultivate Tebow's talents.

It would also be great watching Rodgers' reactions when there is more interest in his backup than in him. Laughing

A big thanks to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig! ^ ^

Boltstrikes wrote:
Being the best quarterback of 2014 does not make you the GOAT.
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone please tell me that this thread is just one long running joke?
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
Mike McCarthy is supposedly a QB guru (if you believe what Packer fans say)

i've never really understood why he's given that reputation.

yes, Rodgers certainly turned out fine as a pupil. but Brian Brohm didn't. or Matt Flynn. or their current stable of backups.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
Mike McCarthy is supposedly a QB guru (if you believe what Packer fans say)

i've never really understood why he's given that reputation.

yes, Rodgers certainly turned out fine as a pupil. but Brian Brohm didn't. or Matt Flynn. or their current stable of backups.

McCarthy was also the offensive coordinator of the Saints (Aaron Brooks) and the offensive coordinator of the 49ers in 2005 (Alex Smith).
wcblack34

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the thing with Tebow, no matter how much evidence there is that the entire NFL feels he can't play QB, his blind-faith supporters insist that he can. Excuses abound and it's never his fault; "he just didn't get a fair chance".

Tebow has had more chances than many, many more talented QB's and has not shown any progress whatsoever. He is done as an NFL QB. As well he should be.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Tebow’s NFL career may be over, as every team had a chance to claim him today, and every team passed.

Tebow, who was waived by the Patriots on Saturday, officially cleared waivers on Sunday. That means all 31 other teams could have taken his minimum-salary contract but decided he wasn’t worth it.

Realistically, that also means there’s a very good chance that his NFL career is over.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/01/tim-tebow-clears-waivers-nfl-future-in-doubt/related/

Webmaster wrote:
[UMN]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Realistically, that also means there’s a very good chance that his NFL career is over.

thank. god.

I'm sure ESPN will continue giving us daily updates for the next few years though.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

thank. god.

I'm sure ESPN will continue giving us daily updates for the next few years though.

they should just hire him.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

thank. god.

somehow, there's irony in this statement.

somehow.

Webmaster wrote:
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
[UMN] wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

thank. god.

somehow, there's irony in this statement.

somehow.

Laughing

Joe_is_the_best ^^

BWG VIKE wrote:
Teddy needs a Snickers, he looks like Ponder when he is hungry
chuck44

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
They claim that there is parity in the NFL, but in reality there are two types of teams - those that do have a franchise quarterback, and those who desperately want to find one. Is there really any question which category the Vikings fall into?

is there really any question as to whether Tebow is a franchise QB or not?

Scott Mitchell had a great year for the Dolphins once as a backup coming in after injury to the starter. he was a free agent the next year so Detroit grabbed him to make him their "franchise QB."

wonder where he is now...?

I know Scott Mitchell. Scott Mitchell is a friend of mine. Scott Mitchell is no Tim Tebow...

Is there really any question as to whether Tebow is a franchise QB or not? Not in my mind. None whatsoever.

So all 32 teams,coaches, scouts, owners and player personal, who spend their entire existense on coaching and evaluating players are all wrong and your right ...Tebow was a great college Qb but thats all he will ever be...he caught lightning in a bottle for a few games in Denver thats it...his skill set doesnt project to the NFL level....he does have the intangibles..leadership,drive, effort...but at a college level..just like some college coaches dont translate to NFL level... Tebow doesnt either
perrynoid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
I don't think the Raiders would be a good landing spot for Tebow. This may surprise some people, but I think the perfect situation for him would be in Green Bay. They currently don't have any other QB's on the roster besides Rodgers, and on that team he would have the time to sit and learn the offense behind Rodgers for 2-3 years. Mike McCarthy is supposedly a QB guru (if you believe what Packer fans say), so maybe with a little time he could find a way to cultivate Tebow's talents.

It would also be great watching Rodgers' reactions when there is more interest in his backup than in him. Laughing

Are the Raiders a good landing spot for anyone though? He would probably be better off in GB, as you said.
chuck44

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
Is there really any question as to whether Tebow is a franchise QB or not? Not in my mind. None whatsoever.

Rank them then.

I want to see a list of the current 32 starting QBs and Tebow.

A lot of the reason I want us to get Tebow is his upside. It's pretty hard to compare a guy's upside to the ability of current QB's. I'll just let it suffice to say that I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.

Laughing

Ok man, that's your opinion.

Yep. I know I'm in the minority, but I stand by my belief in Tebow. He has greatness in him that can be capitalized on - but it will require a coach who has a little vision and the courage to go against the grain.

I think you mean the ONLY ONE...I mean this whole thread is ridiculous..Tebow stinks as a NFL QB..everyone knows this but you....are you smarter than Bill Belicheck ummm......UB..I dont know you..but I can safely say your not

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: