Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ILB Marshall McFadden cut from Steelers. Possible upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: ILB Marshall McFadden cut from Steelers. Possible upgrade Reply with quote

ILB Marshall McFadden was cut from Steelers because they are extremely deep at the ILB position, but he's a good player. He could be a Possible upgrade to Barnett, depending if Barnett is healthy enough to be a reliable reserve or not.

The Steelers defensive coaching staff has been high McFadden for two training camps now, but they just don't have enough room for another ILB on their roster. He was on and off the Steelers practice squad and active roster last year.

Rookie Vince Williams from Florida State played amazing this preseason, he was everywhere and Kion Wilson brings an experienced back up to Foote and Timmons.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Redskins give McFadden a work out next week, but they may not get the chance because I'm sure the Steelers will designate him for their practice squad.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: ILB Marshall McFadden cut from Steelers. Possible upgrad Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
ILB Marshall McFadden was cut from Steelers because they are extremely deep at the ILB position, but he's a good player. He could be a Possible upgrade to Barnett, depending if Barnett is healthy enough to be a reliable reserve or not.

The Steelers defensive coaching staff has been high McFadden for two training camps now, but they just don't have enough room for another ILB on their roster. He was on and off the Steelers practice squad and active roster last year.

Rookie Vince Williams from Florida State played amazing this preseason, he was everywhere and Kion Wilson brings an experienced back up to Foote and Timmons.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Redskins give McFadden a work out next week, but they may not get the chance because I'm sure the Steelers will designate him for their practice squad.

I think you can get into a bidding war for the PS. Not a given just because a team wants you back for their PS that you have to sign if another team comes calling.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: ILB Marshall McFadden cut from Steelers. Possible upgrad Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I think you can get into a bidding war for the PS. Not a given just because a team wants you back for their PS that you have to sign if another team comes calling.
True, so we could offer him more money and since we aren't as deep as Pittsburgh at ILB, maybe he'll see a better opportunity here.

Especially since Pittsburgh put their 2012 3rd round pick Sean Spence on PUP who is still recovering from a knee injury and they kept their 2013 6th round pick Vince Williams as their 1st reserve. It seems like an uphill climb for McFadden to ever break their 53 man roster, and we don't have those same barriers here.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: