Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

aSK Anything Thread, v3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 94, 95, 96  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
[UMN] wrote:
does anyone know (or is) a good wedding photographer with decent prices in the twin cities?

are we invited, at least...?

you didnt get an invitation?

I just addressed it to "middle of nowhere, west of ND". we'll see what happens. Also, snapping turtle isn't the most reliable carrier.

hmmph. i fix your plumbing leak, making you a hero in the bride to be's eyes, and all i get is a lousy snapping turtle-sent invite.

double hmmph.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was funny. I removed the bad words from the summary but the link is there if anyone wants to read them.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2013-minnesota-vikings-1139983032

Quote:
Minnestoans are the snobbiest people on the face of the earth. The average Orono soccer mom resents the fact that she has to cheer for this team, which has no championship history to boast to the neighbors about, no fabled outdoor stadium to hold a Jell-O picnic outside of, and gets no extra ladlefuls of adoration from that fat Chris Berman. The second Brett Favre joined the Vikings, Minnesotans were overjoyed, because they got to co-opt a little bit of Packers glory for themselves. It was horrifying. And that’s true any time a former Packer joins Vikings: Darren Sharper, Ryan Longwell, etc. We got one, yay! It’s like having a mother who loves some rich kid down the street more than her own flesh and blood.
And it’s not like the franchise is moribund: This is the seventh-winningest team in NFL history. But if Erik Erikkssonsen can shun the Vikings in favor of some Edina high school preseason hockey game, he will. There’s no Vikings Nation out there. When I lived in New York, there was one Vikings bar in town called Ship of Fools. Two dozen people sat in the back room to watch them. The rest of the bar contained THREE HUNDRED Steelers fans. We travel about as well as Ball State. We are not diehard. We are diesoft.
skywindO2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from a day at the fair. Picked up a KFAN t-shirt. So excited to wear it.

http://www.kfan.com/pages/KFANBits.html?article=11583341

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what? Frank Costello is retiring and we'll never hear from him again?! WHAAAAT?

gotcha!

76-year-old film icon Jack Nicholson has no plans to appear in films again after a career spanning five decades.

“Jack has — without fanfare — retired,” a well-placed Hollywood film insider confirmed to Radar. “There is a simple reason behind his decision — it’s memory loss. Quite frankly, at 76, Jack has memory issues and can no longer remember the lines being asked of him.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/09/hollywood-legend-jack-nicholson-retires-from-acting/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
milanb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, everyone.

Are you ready for some football?

Very Happy

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The soccer mom reference in the Deadspin article above reminded me of this article that I read yesterday (by the way, it's not real).

Quote:
In an extreme effort to stamp out unfriendly competition, a youth soccer group in Midlake, Ontario, is eliminating soccer balls from their games and forcing kids to pretend they’re kicking a ball around.

"Unfortunately, when you put an overemphasis on competition, individual skill development regresses, and that’s what’s happened in our game for so long,” said Alex Chiet, technical director of the soccer group.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/5/just-pretend-ontario-youth-soccer-league-eliminate/#ixzz2e7gA8an1

Thx to Uncle Buck!
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Deadspin, but disagree. The Vikings are the only sports team that the state roots for, despite what hockey fans might think.

Do Vikings' fans "travel well"? I'd argue the issue is that MN don't move out of the state, and that's why Vikings' bars are not so packed.....It was an entertaining piece though.
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having lived in the area of both Seattle and KC myself and been to Vikings' games in both stadiums, I think the Vikings' fans travel extremely well.

I'd still argue in that game at Seahawks Stadium (as it was known then) was half-full of Vikings' fans. Even at Arrowhead, there was at least a quarter of the stadium wearing purple.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
El Raymundo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
I like Deadspin, but disagree. The Vikings are the only sports team that the state roots for, despite what hockey fans might think.

Do Vikings' fans "travel well"? I'd argue the issue is that MN don't move out of the state, and that's why Vikings' bars are not so packed.....It was an entertaining piece though.

And Pittsburgh is a helluva lot closer to New York than Minnesota is. So yeah, there will naturally be more Steelers fans in a New York sports bar.

"Live as brave men; and if Fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -- Cicero
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Vikings fans travel well due, in some small part, to the amount of transplants we have in other states.

Arizona and Colorado are full of Minnesotan's who either: live there during the winter or have moved there.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with PCP. Fans in this state largely root for hockey, but I would still put them behind the Vikings.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This documentary just gave away the Freemason's "handshake"

Shocked
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I think Vikings fans travel well due, in some small part, to the amount of transplants we have in other states.

Arizona and Colorado are full of Minnesotan's who either: live there during the winter or have moved there.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with PCP. Fans in this state largely root for hockey, but I would still put them behind the Vikings.

Based on tv, radio, call shows, newspaper coverage, website coverage, I would respectfully argue this is is an NFL state first.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agreed with that.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I agreed with that.

d'oh, I need to learn to read!
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone here buy Madden 25?

A couple minor complaints I have:
-I've never seen the temperatures for Vikings' home games above single digits. This includes August preseason games.
-The London game isn't played in London. It's played in the Metrodome.
-The Cowboys' home uniforms aren't white, they're the blue ones.

But Peterson and Patterson are beasts!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 52 of 96

Jump to: