Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1-25: MINN - Xavier Rhodes [CB] Florida State
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhodes: "For me, I think your first year as a rookie, you're learning football. You're learning the speed of the game, you're learning to adjust to things that offenses do. When you come back the second year, things should be more familiar. You shouldn't make the same mistakes you made the first year. That second or third year, that's when you really see what guys are."

Chris Cook: "He's willing to learn. Those are the good things I see about him, especially him being a first-round guy. Some first-round guys come in cocky and don't want to listen to things, but he's a good listener. He asks questions. He wants to get better, and he tells me what he thinks he needs to work on."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23438239/minnesota-vikings-need-xavier-rhodes-turn-corner-quickly

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

interview with XR:

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23463065/minnesota-vikings-xavier-rhodes-i-wanted-be-pro

Rhodes: "I want my epitaph to say, 'Here lies Xavier Rhodes, who was a person who was dedicated, never gave up, worked hard for everything. He took care of his family and was a loving and caring person who never took anything for granted. He always listened and was humble.' Everything I'm saying is basically the person I am now."

Webmaster wrote:
wcblack34

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I hope he lives up to that, he may want reevaluate the "humble"part Smile
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-- The never-before-seen, at least by yours truly, incident referenced above was authored by rookie cornerback Xavier Rhodes. In a one-on-one drill vs. receiver Stephen Burton, Rhodes approached the line of scrimmage and settled directly across from Burton in press coverage position. At the snap of the ball, Rhodes reached out with perfect hand technique and struck Burton in the chest, literally stopping Burton in his tracks and ending the play on the spot. There was no route, there was no pass, there was really no reaction by anyone other than the boisterous and always defensive teammate-supporting Jamarca Sanford, who let both Rhodes and Burton know what had just happened. Vikings fans should be excited to see more of that from their first-round cornerback this season.

Not to be embarrassed, though, Burton came back one snap later, got off the line, worked his way open and made a reception despite Rhodes draping himself all over him and drawing a pass interference flag from the official. You always like to see a player come back like that and display some pride and competitiveness. Itís not surprise to see that from Burton, either, as heís a former seventh-round choice from 2011 who is still on the roster.

http://www.vikings.com/news/blog/article-1/Xavier-Rhodes-Defense-Impress-On-Tuesday/eb592528-b544-4fd5-b27d-71f0d23bc7b2
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, i love this guy's athleticism and attitude.

talk about IN YOUR FACE...

Webmaster wrote:
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

damn, i love this guy's athleticism and attitude.

talk about IN YOUR FACE...

I think that's the play he got called for holding.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ and Harrison Smith had penalties his first year too for being overly aggressive.

i still love X's enthusiasm on the field.

Webmaster wrote:
Krauser

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhodes has been everything we hoped for from a first round CB.

Stats from PFF:

110 coverage snaps (JRob 138, Cook 87)
13 targets (JRob 23, Cook 13)
7 receptions (JRob 22, Cook 8)
46 receiving yards against (JRob 251, Cook 110)
0 TDs against (JRob 0, Cook 3)

Compared to the entire league (80 CBs who've played >50% of coverage snaps), Rhodes is:

-- 17th in NFL passer rating against (61.7). 13 of the CBs ahead of him have an INT (which has a big effect on passer rating). JRob is 65th, Cook 73rd (mostly because of the 3 TDs).

-- 10th in coverage snaps per target (8.5), an indicator of "shutdown" effect where receivers he's covering aren't being targeted. Cook is 30th, JRob 42nd.

-- 10th in coverage snaps per reception (15.7), not far behind names like DRC, Asomugha, Talib and Revis. Cook is 40th, JRob 76th.

-- 1st in the league in yards allowed per coverage snap (0.42). Cook is 43rd, JRob 71st.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xavier has adjusted very well coming out of man oriented scheme. If Cook can just stay on the field we would have 2 solid bookend corners for awhile. Josh Robinson though...

Am I reading it right? Robinson has been targeted 23 times and allowed 22 of those for receptions.

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
Yfz01

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Xavier has adjusted very well coming out of man oriented scheme. If Cook can just stay on the field we would have 2 solid bookend corners for awhile. Josh Robinson though...

Am I reading it right? Robinson has been targeted 23 times and allowed 22 of those for receptions.

Yes, but he's also been a part of quite a few splash plays. Saved some touchdowns with his speed as well.

Robinson is younger than Xavier Rhodes, and I like the upside. He's got a lot of work to do in coverage though, that much is clear.

Lil Uno with the sig.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
Lil Uno wrote:

Yes, but he's also been a part of quite a few splash plays. Saved some touchdowns with his speed as well.

Robinson is younger than Xavier Rhodes, and I like the upside. He's got a lot of work to do in coverage though, that much is clear.

I think he saved about 3 touchdowns against the Bears.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was wondering how Xavier looked in the steelers game i was listening to it at work and missed allot of it helping people.. He is probably one of my favorite players!!!
BrotherShine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Xavier lined up in man to man much at all? I know we play a lot of cover 2 zone, but i feel like we need to take advantage of his skills to jam receivers and shadow them.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of his PBUs was very nice, but there was a play late where he went for the pick instead of the tackle, and they ended up with a big play.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
One of his PBUs was very nice, but there was a play late where he went for the pick instead of the tackle, and they ended up with a big play.

I don't mind this personally. Rhodes missed on the play but eventually the aggressiveness will lead to interceptions and he will get praised like he would if he did pick off the pass. Rhodes could be like Cook and never try to make a play on the ball, which explains why Cook has zero career ints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 10 of 16

Jump to: