Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for the Saints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Fantasy outlook for the Saints Reply with quote

Hi all, doing my prep for fantasy football and I wanted to ask about some of your key players.

1. Brees was my go-to guy last year, this year I can get him in the second, is he due for another big season? Will the drop off between him and Manning/Newton be much less this year?

2. Who is your starting RB, and is he worth draft? What kind of numbers will he put up?

3. Is Jimmy Graham worth drafting in the top of the second?

4. Is Lance Moore worth drafting? Will his production go up this year? What kind of numbers do you expect from him?

Thanks guys
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Brees is definitely in for another big year, no reason to think with Payton back his numbers will drop. The attempts might slowly lower but the efficiency will likely increase.
2. If its PPR, take Sproles. If not, don't touch any of them. Pierre, Sproles and Ingram will all rotate.
3. Absolutely. He'll put up 1000 yards and 10 TDs this year at a weak TE spot.
4. Yes, and you can get him very late. I expect Moore to do his usual output of 800-900 yards with 7-8 TDs.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
1. Brees is definitely in for another big year, no reason to think with Payton back his numbers will drop. The attempts might slowly lower but the efficiency will likely increase.
2. If its PPR, take Sproles. If not, don't touch any of them. Pierre, Sproles and Ingram will all rotate.
4. Yes, and you can get him very late. I expect Moore to do his usual output of 800-900 yards with 7-8 TDs.

1) agree
2) agree
3) agree for the most part. Graham is TE #1, no question. But I see Watson stealing some yardage and TDs. I expect to see something closer to 2012 stats than 2011 stats.
4) I an lowering expectations for Moore. I think that Stills, Toon, and Watson will all work over the middle.I think that 700 yards and 6 TDs if realistic. Solid flex.
Fray32

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont be surprised when Graham puts up elite WR1 numbers this year, dude is going to annihilate the competition every. single. week.

and Lance Moore ought to do well, but the only thing that might infuriate you is his inconsistency. Any given week he could contribute a 2-30-0 line or an 8-120-1 line, you just never know with him, but I expect him to have a decent overall stat line by the end of the season, but with no consistency Laughing
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Agree on all points. Harper hit the nail on the head for each one.

Brandin Cooks - 53 receptions, 550 yards, 25 first downs, 3 TD - 7 rushes, 73 yards, 4 first downs, 1 TD
Corey White - 44 tackles, 2 INT, 1 sack, 6 passes defended, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fray32 wrote:
and Lance Moore ought to do well, but the only thing that might infuriate you is his inconsistency. Any given week he could contribute a 2-30-0 line or an 8-120-1 line, you just never know with him, but I expect him to have a decent overall stat line by the end of the season, but with no consistency Laughing

This caught my eye. I looked up his stats to see how accurate you're stat guesses were and found something a little weird. Lance seems to be either a red zone target, or a yardage WR, but rarely both at the same time.

Last year, of his 6 TDs, only 1 was scored in a game in which he had more than 70 yards.

In 5 of the games he had over 70 yards, he scored TDs in just 1 of them.

4 of his TDs were scored in games where he had 52 yards or less.

Interesting.

Brandin Cooks - 53 receptions, 550 yards, 25 first downs, 3 TD - 7 rushes, 73 yards, 4 first downs, 1 TD
Corey White - 44 tackles, 2 INT, 1 sack, 6 passes defended, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery
McGahee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the pre-season changed any of the answers to the above?
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:

Only the Lance Moore one, Stills looks like he could quickly become Brees 2nd favorite target.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
McGahee wrote:

Only the Lance Moore one, Stills looks like he could quickly become Brees 2nd favorite target.

I've noticed that, too. He targets him fairly often, and watching the wide-22 view, he's usually the 2nd option. I picked him up in one of my fantasy leagues undrafted, interested to see where he goes this year.

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
BillSabre

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaintsBeast wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
McGahee wrote:

I've noticed that, too. He targets him fairly often, and watching the wide-22 view, he's usually the 2nd option. I picked him up in one of my fantasy leagues undrafted, interested to see where he goes this year.

So you guys feel that with Stills there Colston will be receiving less looks, huh?

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
End Run

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't sure where to ask this, and I'm asking because of fantasy, so here goes...

I see that Darren Sproles is listed as both the KR and PR on the depth chart, but Cadet and Parker have been doing the job in the pre-season.

Is the change official? Is Sproles no longer the KR and/or PR? Or will he start doing it again in the regular season?

Thanks.
krewebrees

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sproles should still be our returner. But I expect it to similar to last year where he isn't the only one returning kicks. I'd assume he returns most of the punts, but only about half of the kicks.
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

End Run wrote:
I wasn't sure where to ask this, and I'm asking because of fantasy, so here goes...

I see that Darren Sproles is listed as both the KR and PR on the depth chart, but Cadet and Parker have been doing the job in the pre-season.

Is the change official? Is Sproles no longer the KR and/or PR? Or will he start doing it again in the regular season?

Thanks.

Chances are Cadet won't make the team, so I think Sproles will still be the PR but he definitely lost the KR job if Parker makes the team.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: