Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2013 - Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont understand the overall disdain for Adam Snyder. Im not saying he is starter caliber per say, but his versatility is a huge plus. People see him as one of the worse linemen in the league last year and he was no doubt, but people never take into account that he was playing injured all season and the rest of the line was terrible too.

I like him as a backup, I feel he provides solid depth for the team and his versatility allows him to back up every single position on the offensive line.

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
I dont understand the overall disdain for Adam Snyder. Im not saying he is starter caliber per say, but his versatility is a huge plus. People see him as one of the worse linemen in the league last year and he was no doubt, but people never take into account that he was playing injured all season and the rest of the line was terrible too.

I like him as a backup, I feel he provides solid depth for the team and his versatility allows him to back up every single position on the offensive line.

I agree with you. He's not a bad player. Not someone we'd want replacing at tackle for an extended period, but we have Boone for that. But if Staley or Davis get a minor injury, I wouldn't be afraid of having him finish out the game.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:

I'm versatile. I can play NFL center, guard and tackle equally well. Heck I can even play QB that well too. Point is versatility is valuable but only if the guy has NFL skills. And Snyder has been pretty awful in his NFL career. Sadly, he's the best we've got in the way of replacements, but that's not saying much. I still think we'd be happy to pick up a decent veteran o-line guy if one pops up on the cut lists.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snyder ain't that bad, is he? He's better than Leonard Davis was and he'll be playing the same role.
BangBang

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Interesting...I just heard Adam Schefter on SC say Austin Collie has a good chance at making the roster.

Eh, I think he's mistaken. I think Chad Hall is the same player but quicker and more versatile. And obviously, there's less of a chance of Hall getting KO'd during a game. I've never really been a huge Collie fan. I mean, he was great in the slot with Indy, but who wasn't? Stokley had 1,000 yards in the slot with Peyton and Anthony Gonzalez was damn good until he started getting hurt. As long as you can stay healthy and be where you're supposed to be in that system you're going to produce, IMO.

FL: Anquan Boldin, Marlon Moore
SE: Quinton Patton, Jon Baldwin
SL: Kyle Williams, Chad Hall

I'd be fine with that receiving corp until we get Crabby 'Ham back.
49erjunkie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I would like is if we can talk brian waters into coming back. Would be an easier transition for him since he played under our o line coach.

Walter Redskins on the sig.
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Credit: Rotoworld

Quote:
Nnamdi Asomugha has won the No. 3 corner job in San Francisco.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27

Jump to: